+ Reply
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No more unlimited data plans for new AT&T customers

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by 01f4irider Hello fellow data hog. Don't feel bad about your data consumption. I for one say NEVER feel about using something labled "unlimited" to it's full potential.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 01f4irider View Post
    Hello fellow data hog. Don't feel bad about your data consumption. I for one say NEVER feel about using something labled "unlimited" to it's full potential. I instead say we should be proud of being in the the top 3%. Everyone else is just wasting thier money. AT&T needs to step up thier data game or get out of the way!
    Perhaps.

I remember when I would hear people blast data hogs, back when AT&T first mentioned tiered pricing and I was like, "Ugh, these data hogs are ruining for all of us!" then when they finally do implement it and I check my data I find out I use 4GB a month and am actually one of those data hogs haha.

The sad thing is, I just use my iPhone for what it's meant to be used for. I don't see the point in having an iPhone if you're not going to use all the great features available such as streaming sports.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NoHo View Post
    The sad thing is, I just use my iPhone for what it's meant to be used for. I don't see the point in having an iPhone if you're not going to use all the great features available such as streaming sports.

Amen to that! Over and out.

Green Apple
    Thanks

fine by me

Green Apple
    Thanks

what can 200MB do for me on the iphone4?

Thanks

That Sucks for YOU guys. I have UNLIMITED DATA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It is Not by our Hands that things Change, BUT rather our Interventions that change ourselves.

Chris iPhone5 16GB(Evasion Jailbreak
    iPad Mini 16GB, Apple TV 3rd Gen
    )
    Mac Mini (2012 Model) Running Mavericks
    Cydia Account #895872

Green Apple
    Thanks

I use MLB AtBat 2010 and CBS Radio a ton so good thing I have unlimited

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by velocity211 View Post
    Yes and yes, if you are already on the $30 unlimited data plan, you will be able to keep it if you upgrade to the iPhone 4 and renew the 2 year contract. I am in the same boat as you and use up to 10GBs a month and the new data plans are a big no for me. Thankfully I found out that existing iPhone users can keep their unlimited plan when they upgrade to the iPhone 4.
    Only if you want tethering, you will have to switch over to the $45 2GB plan, but frankly that is quite idiotic since you can (most likely) jailbreak the new iPhone to use MyWi and tether away... (I've used ~40GB one month due to tethering and torrenting a ton of HD stuff).
    I thought that even if you were a old member/customer and if you were to get the new iphone 4 you would be automatically switched to the capped data plans? so is that true or not?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyRed98 View Post
    I thought that even if you were a old member/customer and if you were to get the new iphone 4 you would be automatically switched to the capped data plans? so is that true or not?
    Not true.

When it came time to pick a plan, I was instructed to pick 'Use Existing' if I wanted to keep my unlimited plan.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Nope, just preordered my iPhone 4 today, I was given a choice to keep my unlimited $30 plan, which I obviously chose.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Can you please give me a link where I can further clarify this information.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Can you please give me a link where I can further clarify this information.

This was a screenshot I took before I put down my preorder this morning.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bpdunsta View Post
    My wife currently has a $30 BlackBerry plan, without any sort of data cap. She wants an iPhone 4. Will she be able to "keep" unlimited data for $30 or will she have to take one of the new plans?
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    The blackberry plans and iPhone plans are different so you will most likely have to get the new plans.
    Update: I pre-ordered my wife's iPhone 4 online through AT&T yesterday morning and I WAS able to get/keep the $30 unlimited data plan. I know there were lots of issues yesterday, but all signs point to being able to switch from BB unlimited to iPhone Unlimited.
    Last edited by bpdunsta; 06-16-2010 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

When you logged on to AT&T did you get your account or someone else's like lots of other people did?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    When you logged on to AT&T did you get your account or someone else's like lots of other people did?
    Hahaha. It was my account.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rokesomesmeefer View Post
    If someone at AT&T told you 8GB, they flat out lied. It's always been 5GB from the get-go.
    It did used to be 8 GB i remember from when i had AT&T before i transfered overseas to italy. 8 GB...Verizon was the only one with 5 GB cap..now that has obviously changed with AT&T it now says 5.

Man i am starting to think vodafone is a rip...it costs 3 Euro a week (3 euros = 4.0950 US dollar)for 500 MB and it used to be if you went over it would just charge another 3 Euro and reset your 500 MB...Now they are charging .06 Cents (euro) for every 100 KBs you go over, what a freaking joke! Glad i am comming back to the states soon!
    Last edited by vantheman169; 09-30-2010 at 05:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vantheman169 View Post
    It did used to be 8 GB i remember from when i had AT&T before i transfered overseas to italy. 8 GB...Verizon was the only one with 5 GB cap..now that has obviously changed with AT&T it now says 5.

Man i am starting to think vodafone is a rip...it costs 3 Euro a week (3 euros = 4.0950 US dollar)for 500 MB and it used to be if you went over it would just charge another 3 Euro and reset your 500 MB...Now they are charging .06 Cents (euro) for every 100 KBs you go over, what a freaking joke! Glad i am comming back to the states soon!
    3 month old thread. please read dates before posting.

Twitter: @tshoults

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moon#pie View Post
    3 month old thread. please read dates before posting.
    And your point?? is it still not an issue with the GB cap with at&t's data plans? Whatever

Thanks

no, it just means that it's a 3 month old thread. necro posting is the most annoying thing that can be done of forums. no, it's not an issue. iphone now has a 2GB cap if you change your plan or sign on as a new one. the old plan was unlimited. I know people here that have use almost 32GB of data in a month.

Twitter: @tshoults

Thanks

wtf is your point? If you dont want to read my comment on the thread or issue, then dont! if you dont like getting the emails i am sure you know how to unsubscribe from a thread! Dont bash on me cuz i wanted to add my 2 cents about the subject. And it is an issue because the original post is about the current data cap...so get off your high horse, i will post to whatever damn thread i please thats the beauty of a forum and paying for my own internet, i do what i want...who cares if you know people that use over 32 GB a month, is that even a relevant response to what i posted? I am sure you have better things to be doing than to sit here and go back and forth on a thread that i wanted to to comment on, so please do us all a favor and unsubscribe from threads 3 months or older so we dont have to hear you complain!

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

If the post is relevant to the thread, there's nothing wrong with bringing it back. No one is forcing to click on it.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Happy Noodle Boy For This Useful Post:

Cer0 (09-30-2010), vantheman169 (09-30-2010)