Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No more unlimited data plans for new AT&T customers

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    Although it hasn't been mentioned by AT&T, it would not surprise me if they start taking a closer look into data usage to determine if people are tethering.
    So if the look can they tell the difference between people tethering and people just surfing the internet on their phones?

Quote Originally Posted by MAntognoli View Post
    So if the look can they tell the difference between people tethering and people just surfing the internet on their phones?
    Quite easily.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

"heaviest bandwidth users, time to pay your share"?

What is this suddenly 1993 again? 40 bucks a month for a couple of megs of dialup? Perhaps AT&T should have thought twice before allowing their network to be over loaded with data when they weren't and still aren't even capable of handling it as advertised.

Instead they punish the consumer because they (AT&T) didn't have enough forethought (or maybe they did) at what was going to happen.
    Herp a derp a derp a doooo!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to boe_dye For This Useful Post:

Tylus (06-05-2010)

This will be like the bandwidth caps home ISPs have. Huge uproar at first then will slowly die down. Most ISPs have a cap of 25gig a month average. Comcast is the highest at 250gig a month.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Get_Zwole's Avatar
    Thanks

This sucks i just got my mom put on my plan so im stuck with ATT, wish i would have known i would have gone for the evo 4g with sprint damnit. i listen to about 3 hours of i heart radio a day along with 4 hours of lex and terry radio app, and surf on mine half the day. I use about a gig every 10 days this sucks. thats just on average sometimes if im out of town i hit 8 to 10gigs a month this could get steep.
    Last edited by Get_Zwole; 06-04-2010 at 07:54 AM.
    Iphone 3G{S} 16gb Black

Sigh .... If only people would read first

Higher early terminaruin fees. ****** service. Think I'm done with ATT

You can use 200MB in a day just by streaming Pandora for 6-8 hours. I'm glad I don't use AT&T on my iPhone. It will be interesting if the rate of new subscribers will go down after June 7th.

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    I've use around 3 to 6gb every single month for the passed year on my 3GS and my bill amount has ALWAYS been the same. I own no computer & have no wifi, I do everything on the Iphone. My bandwidth gets this high because I use apps like sligbox and 3g un-estrictor alot for many others. I will simply buy a laptop and my solution should be solved. I don't see how people here think apply is doing them a favor, my girlfriend uses 220mb a month by just using facebook! Smart move AT&T.
    I use 4-6GB a month consistently. This month may be more now that I've been tethering my wifi iPad.

My wife uses around 1.2GB per month. I asked her if she would like to move to the 2GB $25 plan and she said what's the f-in point. Whoopdi doo we save 5 dollars.
    Last edited by listenclose; 06-04-2010 at 12:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    1win.1 loss.1 draw

11. The Following User Says Thank You to listenclose For This Useful Post:

Tylus (06-05-2010)

I think the vast majority of US users will notice a sharp increase in service when the few very heavy users leave to go to Sprint/Verizon/Australia
    The 3G network was never designed for that kind of abuse.
    Unfortunatly the service is likely to deteriorate as the users drift back when they realise the grass isn't greener...

But I could be wrong.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by jrny99 View Post
    Higher early terminaruin fees. ****** service. Think I'm done with ATT
    New ETF doesn't apply to you. Even if it did, why are higher ETF an issue? Who breaks contract that often to be affected by them?

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Thanks

Have fun on Verizon haters....

Verizon admitted years ago that it's "unlimited" data plan has a 5GB cap; and there has already been some leaked news that they are going to drop their plans as well.

So go with Sprint you *******... Enjoy a 4G phone that only gets 4G in 50 sq miles of the US and lasts 2 hours on battery life...

Why the hell do you need more then 2GB of data a month anyway, get a god damn life if your on your stupid *** phone that much.

Losers.

I often use over 2Gb a month - but then I'm on T-Mobile and have a 3Gb limit.

Thank you for pointing out that I am a loser - I hadn't realised....

I use over 2gb HOW I stream Sling from my new DISH NETWORK RECEIVER vip 922 so lets see first i paid apple $30.00 for stupid sling player now ... I have to pay ATT for streaming that video ... cause of there stupid 2GB CAP ATT why dont you make even more smarter move just shut down your company END OF YOUR EVERY PROBLEM ATT SUCKS

Most plans in the UK have a 1Gb cap - (apart from Vodafone where it's only 500Mb) but streaming is prohibited.
    No wonder people in the USA complain of AT&T's performance if people are using so much data.

Yeah....i'm one of those 2% that use more than 2gb....a lot more

Quote Originally Posted by listenclose View Post
    what's the f-in point. Whoopdi doo we save 5 dollars.
    that is the whole deal. you get "Unlimited" for $30 a month. I haven't heard of anyone actually ever finding the upper limit. So AT&T appears to be good for that much.

However, for $25 NEW USERS will be capped at 2GB. That is pure ****. A whole $5 saved and you lose so much so much while AT&T gains everything.

If you don't use your iPhone, I am all for saving some money. That is why the $15 option is cool. You can still use the phone, but if you aren't utilizing it, you aren't dropping an extra $15 for no reason.

but still, how can AT&T justify the 2BG limit? Pure crap. And most sheeple will just say whatever. Thank god I'm grandfathered in. I use anywhere from 500mb a month to almost 10GB once. Just depends what is going on.
    AT&T keeps making it harder and harder to justify staying with them. The $20 tethering is pure ******** as well. I tether my laptop occasionally when I'm not at home, and it works great. But I sure as hell wouldn't pay $50 a month ($30 unlimited plan + $20 tether fee) just for that service...if you can call it a service.

AT&T needs to update their network and quit screwing the customer.

I would not be surprised if AT&T start enforcing the 5Gb cap on the $30 plan now and start clamping down on tethering (which is specifically prohibited, I believe).

Thanks
    All this BS is making me want to switch to Verizon. I hate AT&T....

Talking Normal Usage of iphone data
    Hi here is a picture of normal usage of iphone SO ATT LIES

ATT STOP LYING that u wont be able to use 2gb we live in the world of youtube once u start watching those videos or .. watch sling 2gb is going to be gone within days

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast