Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Netflix Running on the iPhone

Try removing everything ya did and do it again and make sureto repair permissions

Quote Originally Posted by antman1 View Post
    Try removing everything ya did and do it again and make sureto repair permissions
    Tried this several times. Removed Netflix.app (that's really all I had to do) and added it back in there setting permissions to 777 recursively. Even tried to change the Info.plist to support iphoneos3.1.2 in 3 places since I figured that might be the issue. Still no luck.

Anyone else have this issue? Is there anyplace to find crash information?

in the land of the free and the home of the brave
    Thanks

well..this was a dissapointment
    -_-

A face that says it all.

You can find your crash logs in /private/var/logs/CrashReporter if I recall correctly. And also they updated the Netflix app around the 10th of June, I tried the work-around with that release and it seemed to fail. So unless you have the older version of the app, you won't be able to do this. No worries though, they should have the official iPhone app out soon.

This will probably chew your battery to death...not good...

iPhone? More like MyPhone Rinnycoop121's Avatar
    Thanks

ok i did everything listed when i click on the program it starts to load then i end up on a white page with the red neflix loading screen in the top left conor and it stays there.

what do i do now?

I am not sure if any one else is having this issue but I had ported over Netflix iPad app to my iPhone 4 and it worked great! Then today 8/8/2010 there was an update for the User Agent Faker(UAF) from 1.0.1-2 to the newer 1.1 version which adds App List. It is a great idea because (bc) the app list lets you specify UAF to use only the apps you tell it too. However it DOES NOT WORK! It jacked up my Netflix. I even set it to the iPad Agent and made sure sure I turned Netflix app to ON, respring and rebooted and every time no matter what netflix site said my browser cannot support streaming! I tried ALL the settings, still nothing! I even set UAF to custom and enter the string from the old UAF.."Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; U; CPU OS 3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/531.21.10 (KHTML, like Gecko) version/4.0.4 Mobile/7B367 Safari/531.21.10"...and then respring and rebooted and STILL DID NOT WORK!! if anyone gets UAF 1.1 to work please let me know how you do it. I would like to update bc as it stands now if I do not want UAF to mess up other apps I have to turn it off and on which is a little annoying but not bad. I would like to be able to leave it on and just have it use UAF with Netflix as it is intended to do with UAF 1.1 but it not working for me. I had to find the old UAF 1.0 deb file and reinstall it and my Netflix is working again on my iPhone 4!

Great job. I could use this and i hear theres a battery issue?
    No signature spam...only warning

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Not sure if it's because the upgrade doesn't allow for it, but I cannot have UAfaker and the SBStoggle installed at the same time. If I have one installed, and try and install the other, it will automatically uninstall the other application. When I did get them both installed and I swiped to turn the toggle on my phone went into safe mode and UAfaker was automatically uninstalled. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Rinnycoop121 View Post
    ok i did everything listed when i click on the program it starts to load then i end up on a white page with the red neflix loading screen in the top left conor and it stays there.

what do i do now?
    Ditto. Anyone figure out the cause of this one? I thought I followed the step by step perfectly, and yet...

iPhone? More like MyPhone renegaderon's Avatar
    Thanks

I even set it to the iPad Agent and made sure sure I turned Netflix app to ON

You have to turn it on for Safari in the UAF.
    Last edited by renegaderon; 08-09-2010 at 10:02 PM.
    Are you having fun yet

iPhone? More like MyPhone Rinnycoop121's Avatar
    Thanks

who got this working and who did not?

iPhone? More like MyPhone renegaderon's Avatar
    Thanks

Working great for me.
    Are you having fun yet

Got this working great on my iphone4 but can't seem to get it to work on a friends iphone4 and another friends 3GS. On their phones the netflix player just keeps crashing. Is it because I loaded the netflix app from my phone on theirs? In other words, are they going to have to download it from their own iTunes account to get it to work? Or is there something I can do to the one I downloaded to get it to work on their phones?

Thanks,

Iamwally

Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Thanks

who long before an official release from apple?

is the netflix.ipa file available for download anywhere other than iTunes?

we'll it's back on the iphone as of today...

Default Netflix Running on the iPhone
    Hi
    I currently have my TV hooked up to my computer so that whenever I wanna stream something from Netting, I can watch it on the big screen. Now that there's a Netflix app for iphone and ipod touch, I was wondering if connecting my ipod to my TV using A/V cables would work. Has anyone tried this? I'd rather find out before buying the cables since they're gonna run me close to 50 bucks. Thanks in advance to whoever can help.

The TV-out functionality on the Netflix app is compatible only with the iPhone 4 and the iPod Touch 4G...so I guess it depends what generation your iPod Touch is. And you have to buy the cables from apple because they have a special chip in them...no going cheap on this.
    Sync your files online and across computers with @Dropbox. 2GB account is free!

Add ultrasn0w to Pwnagetool

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567