Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Netflix Running on the iPhone

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Works great for me. Here is the icon I have been using:

Name:  Icon.png
Views: 938
Size:  4.7 KB

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

ddfilms (05-30-2010), pimpkracker2000 (05-30-2010), XavierAlucard (05-30-2010)

Anyone try this yet? Does anyone have the iPad mediaplayer framework they'd share. I don't have a iPad.

Thanks

I watch a couple episodes of 30 rock last night and it worked wonderful

Quote Originally Posted by Knisitruck View Post
    Thanks for the post.

j.eck.art.3d - Like kadernal posted above, you just need to repair the permissions. Connect to your phone using your FTP client of choice then change the permissions on the Netflix.app to 775 (recursive, files & directories). That'll get you up and going.

Retell - I'm curious to see how that goes. While I was able to get this up and going, I had trouble with other apps. The crash logs told me what frameworks I needed for this, luckily I found them posted here.
    Thanks Knisitruck,
    I attempted to change the permissions via mobile terminal (chmod -R 0755 /Applications/*) Then as it went through every application it appeared that all of them ended with "operation unable to be completed" Then I restarted my iPhone, and still netflix only pops open for a moment. I had changed my root user name and password a while back, would that have anything to do with it?

It works great. There is a link in this thread for the frameworks...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

As of now I have 3 iPad apps. Netflix (Working), ABC Player (Trying to get working) and iBooks (Resets iPhone)

@ttierno2 & Knisitruck, If either of you would like to chat more about porting iPad apps over hit me up on aim or msn in my profile

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Works great for me. Here is the icon I have been using:

Name:  Icon.png
Views: 938
Size:  4.7 KB
    Is that on 4.0 Beta 4?

So has the App stopped working for other people yet. I'm just getting the main sign page now.

I haven't gotten it to show up on my springboard on my 3gs...Really weird since I triple checked everything.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierAlucard View Post
    So has the App stopped working for other people yet. I'm just getting the main sign page now.
    Same Here

Thanks

It stopped working on my phone

Such a bummer the ride has ended.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ddfilms's Avatar
    Thanks

I guess netflix figured us out. this sux

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Overcash View Post

Update: Netflix/Apple/Whomever doens't appear to like that Netflix was running on the iPhone and it has been disabled.

We just received a tip from one of our readers going by the name Knisitruck who has successfully gotten Netflix to run on his iPhone 3G. Basically he copied the iPad Netflix app and iPad mediaplayer frameworks to his iPhone, made a few plist edits and changes and got it running!

Maybe not all iPad apps can be run on the iPhone. Turns out the Netflix iPad app appears to have a native iPhone app bundled in with the iPad app, hence the ability to make it work on the iPhone and the different layout for the iPhone etc.

More details:

is there any way to port keynote to iPhone?

Thanks

still busted...

anyone had any luck getting it to work?

Can anyone help me out I accidentally forgot to save my iPhone Media Player Framework folder and now I'm stuck with the iPad media framework. Can someone upload a link with the iPhone Framework.

Thanks in advance.

Worked for awhile, any fixes yet? Damn netflix!

It seems like a web-based UI, perhaps using a chromeless safari window. Hoping that they are just blocking Safari on iPhone I tried installing the user agent faker from cydia and editing its plist to identify itself as safari on ipad. No luck. Maybe they're detecting screen size? Or maybe its something deeper. I feel that if we can just figure out what they're detecting we can get around this.

Maybe it's as simple as spoofing the netflix server into seeing the iPhone 3.1.x OS as iPad 3.2 OS? Anyone out there think they could whip something like that up?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast