+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Insurance June 6 (AT&T Internal Documents Inside)

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
We just published a story about AT&T's upcoming iPhone insurance program, called MobileProtect, and offered through Asurion. One of our AT&T ninjas has sent us the official AT&T document (above)
    Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,799 Times in 1,223 Posts

Default iPhone Insurance June 6 (AT&T Internal Documents Inside)

We just published a story about AT&T's upcoming iPhone insurance program, called MobileProtect, and offered through Asurion.

One of our AT&T ninjas has sent us the official AT&T document (above) sent out to reps for the program, which will launch June 6th as we covered in the previous story.

AT&T is also apparently telling customers for more information they should visit mymobileprotect.com, which is already up, proving even more this is legit - although the "Available in AppStore" button links nowhere right now.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

thedanks (05-31-2010)

Thanks

....that's not too shabby. Something like this would be great for someone who thinks they can use their iPhone as a straw. Some of the things I have read about what people have done to their phones....blows my mind! So I can see this definitely being a good business endeavour. Not to mention they should do this for iPad....did you hear all the jokes that came from the name "iPad" I wouldn't be surprised if some people out there will require some assistance at some point.

Thanks
    Personally.. I think it's a decent idea.. For $200 you can replace your iPhone at an Apple store for anything that damaged with it, including water.. The fact that this covers loss and theft is the only reason to get it

Thanks

this is a great idea. my sister had 3 phones so far 1st 3g dropped in the toilet 2nd 3g was lost/stolen and tracked through att but nothing could be done police wise, so when she got her phone back they had smashed the screen(dicks), and now she has a 3gs. nothing has happened to this phone yet. so this is a good deal for most people out there!
    Quote Originally Posted by ??????
    Hi. Does anyone know is iBlacklist available in the app store? can it only be purchased outside the app store? If so, is it hard to install? Thanks everyone.

Thanks

Lols apple ur like 5 years late?
    EDM

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

This was very much needed. It took them long enough to roll it out.

iPhone? More like MyPhone yoTelefonoCuatro's Avatar
    Thanks

as for the insurance... way overpriced...
    squaretrade.com, and you'll find coupons on retailmenot.com
    I paid $104.99 (one-time) for my iphone 3GS 16gb that i purchased through the apple store hack @ no commit.
    ive used it twice for out-of-warranty repairs.
    they didnt charge me the $50 deductible either time,
    and they reimbursed the $199 a day after i faxed them the receipt.
    and i WASNT dropped after those 2..

while youre at it.... PM me and ill send you an invite... gets you a 20% off coupon and me $5
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 05-29-2010 at 08:13 PM. Reason: blah
    yoTelefonoTresG, now introducing...
    the new..
    yoTelefonoCuatro.

say "Amen Brotha!" or "thanks a bunch!", click that "Thanks!" button!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Fools. This is for complete suckers that want a false sense of "saving" money. You pay $14 a month then an additional $99-$199 deductible....

So if after 1 year you need to make a claim, you're out anywhere between $267 to $366. After two years you're out anywhere between $435 to $534.

Just take care of your phone and use that as your free insurance policy. Or use the $ that you would have wasted on monthly premiums and deductibles and buy the spare parts to repair your phone or buy a replacement.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to iamthekiller For This Useful Post:

slap690 (05-29-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone yoTelefonoCuatro's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iamthekiller View Post
    Fools. This is for complete suckers that want a false sense of "saving" money. You pay $14 a month then an additional $99-$199 deductible....

So if after 1 year you need to make a claim, you're out anywhere between $267 to $366. After two years you're out anywhere between $435 to $534.

Just take care of your phone and use that as your free insurance policy. Or use the $ that you would have wasted on monthly premiums and deductibles and buy the spare parts to repair your phone or buy a replacement.
    things happen, no matter how careful you are.
    *cough*cough*squaretrade*cough*
    yoTelefonoTresG, now introducing...
    the new..
    yoTelefonoCuatro.

say "Amen Brotha!" or "thanks a bunch!", click that "Thanks!" button!

Thanks

Default Once a sucker, always a sucker
    Paying for insurance (where it is not required) is a big waste of money. You are paying for what might happen so in essence you pretty much are throwing your money away a high percentage of the time just for the little peace of mind it might give you.

$13.99/mo
    + $99/$149/$199 deductible for a refurbished phone (I would guess they are manufactured refurbs and not third party due to the premium but I don't really know this for a fact)

The only reason to get insurance is if you are afraid your phone might get lost or stolen. If it is damaged you have to send your phone to Asurion claims and then they ultimately decide if they will cover you or not. You are better off getting another iPhone from eBay or craigslist if your phone is ultimately lost or stolen....and you might even get the phone that you lost back this way...

Taking customer calls with Verizon for a short period of my dark years working for the man I took plenty of Verizon Asurion claim calls. We just sent them directly to Asurion but the ones that asked were told that if their claim is accepted the phones they will get are most likely refurbs. Let me tell you lots of people paying their premiums are pissed to hear that, not to mention the deductible they have to pay outside of the monthly premium.

Most quoted response I got was..."Then why am I paying for this insurance?"
    "To unpathed waters, undreamed shores." -- William Shakespeare

13. The Following User Says Thank You to southfrisco For This Useful Post:

slap690 (05-29-2010)

oo3
    Thanks

Here's an idea that I use...instead of paying att/apple 13.99 a month for insurance, put $20 away in a savings account you can't touch unless it's an emergency. (I use a ING Direct high-interest because it's online only and takes 2 days to transfer money which is a hassle unless it's an emergency).

After a year that's 240 to spend on a new phone or whatever should you lose it. The only downside is if you lose your phone after only a few months...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oo3 View Post
    Here's an idea that I use...instead of paying att/apple 13.99 a month for insurance, put $20 away in a savings account you can't touch unless it's an emergency. (I use a ING Direct high-interest because it's online only and takes 2 days to transfer money which is a hassle unless it's an emergency).

After a year that's 240 to spend on a new phone or whatever should you lose it. The only downside is if you lose your phone after only a few months...
    Saving money and being careful with your high cost purchases is always the best insurance. It basically puts you in control, and no one else.
    "To unpathed waters, undreamed shores." -- William Shakespeare

iPhone? More like MyPhone hoits2000's Avatar
    Thanks

I pay 35 a year for my iphone with all state, no deductible. 14 a month is laughable at best.

Thanks

AT&T has ninjas? Rogers only has samuri

iPhone? More like MyPhone Excel Wiz's Avatar
    Thanks

I'll just be careful

MacBook Pro 15" Core i7|4GB|500GB|HiRes
    iPhone 4 16GB
    iPhone 3G 8GB

Thanks

Apple care is only 70 dollars.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Depending on the company, your homeowners insurance can cover your iPhone. It doesn't hurt to ask . . . .

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Check out the Worth Avenue Group, insured my iPad through them
    Last edited by placa5150; 05-29-2010 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

insurance. the scams are endless.
    killall Terminal[]

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

So far I have only had to use the apple care insurance on my 3Gs phone...... knock on wood all of my phones look brand new still as I take very good care of them. As I stated below your home owners will insure it for a lot less but they will not cover software damage.

"Always remember your special and unique!"