+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Buying a New iPhone? Don't Forget the "Insurance"

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Anyone thinking about spending $168 a year, plus a deductible, for a warranty that most likely won't cover most iPhone problems is wasting money. I can pretty much assure you
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Really AT&T.... Don't we spend enough money with you for crappy service?
    Anyone thinking about spending $168 a year, plus a deductible, for a warranty that most likely won't cover most iPhone problems is wasting money. I can pretty much assure you that it won't cover drops, spills, spiderwebs, runny noses, or reception issues... Oh wait, that's the network. So I know that I personally have had great success with SquareTrade, so I think I will trust my new iPhone (if I decide it's actually worth it) to them. They cover drops, spills, and just about anything you can think of. And it only costs $48 a year! Cheaper than AppleCare too, since you're really only buying the second year of coverage from Apple for $69.

Thanks

Will it insure a jbed iPhone?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whereswaldo View Post
    Will it insure a jbed iPhone?
    Yes they will

iPhone? More like MyPhone ugshotgun's Avatar
    Thanks

This is better....its a repost I think, but just a reminder that the new insurance plan they're rolling out, sucks already!

iPhone Insurance. iPhone insurance coverage & Premium | Worth Ave. Group

PS: And is you're jailbroken with this insurance...no problem, just smash it with a hammer before sending it off to them and then there's no way for them to know it was jailbroken..
    Last edited by ugshotgun; 05-29-2010 at 02:59 PM.
    Main Phone: HTC ONE & Note 2 - Work: iPhone 4s - Tablet: iPad 2, The best of both worlds!

My iPhone is a Part of Me wolverinemarky's Avatar
    Thanks

if it was 5 bucks a month i would definitely do it but 15 a month no freaking way

sorry meant 14 a month still too much to me
    Last edited by wolverinemarky; 05-29-2010 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Banned
    Thanks

Farmers insurance insures the iPhone for 50 bucks a year

Thanks

no thanks
    killall Terminal[]

Thanks

My bank just wrote to me telling me that the mobile phone insurance that they provide free with my account has just been upgraded to include the iPhone and other Smartphones but only up to £450 and only 4 phones per household.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reggie6801 View Post
    I won't be getting this insurance, just another way for AT&T to rip people off. There's no way getting this insurance will be beneficial ton the majority of people with iPhones.
    If you read the information over at BGR, it's through the App Store, from Asurion (the company that does handset insurance for AT&T, VZ and many other carriers).

That and I completely believe that the quote of unhappiness with lack of ins is a completely viable statement. I work in said customer care as a fact. It's never easy dealing with someone who wants an iPhone and doesn't like that their existing 4.99 insurance won't carry over. I always tell people to talk with their homeowners and car ins companies, I know that State Farm in this area insures for about $3.90 per mo, $0 deductible, you just have to go and purchase the phone replacement first. So, they are out there, you just have to look for them.

From personal option, (again: MY personal option, nobody else's) I do agree that the cost and deductible are alittle too much, but for those who don't know any better or don't have any other options, it's better than nothing.....
    Previously had a iPhone 2G 8GB jailbroken with 3.0. Now as of 6/19 a proud owner of a 3GS and eagerly awaiting the jailbreaking of such!
    Lovin my jailbroken 3GS! Shove it Apple, my iPhone can now do twice what it could!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yet again another rip off from AT&T. They should change their name to "Dewey, Fockyou & Howe
    $13.99 per month with $199 deductable WOW ! Anybody here buys it send me a PM i got some oceanfront property in Illinois to sell you.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Not worth it in the slightest.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12