+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's 4G Plan B

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy Eh, the phone could look identical as long as the hardware within it is upgraded and I'd be happy. Performance > Looks. Agreed. While
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    Eh, the phone could look identical as long as the hardware within it is upgraded and I'd be happy. Performance > Looks.
    Agreed. While I really would like to see a new design, it's not the top of my list. I just want a really nice fast iPhone, with a good quality camera with a flash and higher res screen

Most of the things I really want from the OS are coming with OS4

Thanks
    Thanked 1,852 Times in 811 Posts

If this is true, and Apple goes with plan B, then I'm definitely going with plan C U LATER!!!!!

EDIT: Ok, I lied...the iPhone had me at hello!
    Last edited by toyvan; 05-27-2010 at 11:04 AM.

Thanks

The UI of the iPhone is so vastly superior to anything else, I'd be happy if they just upgraded the firmware to 4.0. Anything after that is a bonus to me lol

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jdm.accord For This Useful Post:

Tedomcmillan (05-28-2010)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

tell you what, been a big apple fan but recently bought a HTC Desire and not looked back. still curious about the 4G launch but i dont think even at launch it will be as good as the desire. dont mean to wind anyone up but iPhones do get boring after a few years of same ol same

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Do you simply ignore the App Store and all the functionality it provides? Not to mention what we already know of 4.0 like multi-tasking is going to open up a whole new world of functionality for the iPhone series.

And doesn't the Desire run SenseUI? why not just throw regular android/Froyo on it?

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rkswat View Post
    They have? First gen (phone one) looked nothing like 3g (phone two) which looked just like the 3gs (phone three). I don't see how your math fits.
    Saying that the gen1 and gen 2 phones look "nothing alike" is using the word "nothing" quite liberally...

Quote Originally Posted by jdm.accord View Post
    The UI of the iPhone is so vastly superior to anything else, I'd be happy if they just upgraded the firmware to 4.0. Anything after that is a bonus to me lol
    To each his own, but all the iPhone OS's UI really is is a bunch of squares on a black screen. Plenty of UI look much nicer, but the phones have simply fallen short in other ways.

Quote Originally Posted by jdm.accord View Post
    I sold two unlocked 3G 8GB on eBay last week. One sold for $325, the other for $355. Both were in good condition but still used.

The price has risen since 3.1.3 was released and thus made unlocked ones harder to come by.
    The comment you just responded to was about selling an unlocked 3G for $700. $325 falls about $375 short of that $700 price mark.
    Last edited by sziklassy; 05-27-2010 at 06:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

[fear monger]
    killall Terminal[]

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is another lame attempt to sell iPhones and service!!! Go D...R...O...I...D!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Eagleye's Avatar
    Thanks

this is totally Apple. "Lets not release our best product yet, lets dumb it down a little. Give em plan B, then in a year we can release plan A and it looks like we've been working really hard on an upgrade when really by that time, we have a whole new plan A & B for next year!" At the same time I doubt after all this media they would release something with the same casing and camera as the 3G... people are expecting something totally different and if apple doesn't deliver that, they'll really be in the doghouse.. and im pretty sure they know that. We'll just have to wait and see...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    Saying that the gen1 and gen 2 phones look "nothing alike" is using the word "nothing" quite liberally...

To each his own, but all the iPhone OS's UI really is is a bunch of squares on a black screen. Plenty of UI look much nicer, but the phones have simply fallen short in other ways.

The comment you just responded to was about selling an unlocked 3G for $700. $325 falls about $375 short of that $700 price mark.
    the comment was a response to not being able to get over $300 for a 3g. i corrected my post but even if you can get $250 for a 3g why wouldn't you sell and buy a 3gs for $200 or for $50 more a 32gb for $299. the 3g doesn't even compete with the 3gs. it's like having a car with 10k in engine upgrades and saying it's the same car because it looks the same.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tedomcmillan View Post
    the comment was a response to not being able to get over $300 for a 3g. i corrected my post but even if you can get $250 for a 3g why wouldn't you sell and buy a 3gs for $200 or for $50 more a 32gb for $299. the 3g doesn't even compete with the 3gs. it's like having a car with 10k in engine upgrades and saying it's the same car because it looks the same.
    You aren't going to get a 3GS for $200 unless you are buying it with a contract from AT&T, which means that you are eligible for an upgrade, which means that is probably already your plan. I'm pretty sure at this point most 3G users still use that phone because they can't upgrade yet, not because they are too stupid to go buy a new phone or because they think the 3G is superior. If you have an unlocked 16GB 3G you might be able to find a great deal on a used 3GS and just about break even, but I highly doubt most people are going to sell a 3G, buy a 3GS, and come out ahead money wise unless they can buy a new one with an upgrade from AT&T.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Apples plan b will result in my plan b.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I like the Plan A better though, iPhone should give user a new face and back

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If the iPhone looks the same then I wont bother with the iPhone anymore. Im not even gonna bother buyin the EVO 4G cuz it runs Android and it sucks. I might as weel keep the iPhone 3GS and wait for the HTC Mondrian running Windows Phone 7.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Can't wait for the 7th to roll around

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Lightbulb Time for change
    Apple better release a phone that will be worth releasing cause if not itll be the same crap....it better have better resolution atleast hd or somethung imean c'mon and the camera could be better 2 also rumors dont really matter only reality does and for once it better catch up with life cause Im tired of the same simple and sleek design of the "iphone" bring a change for once dont just change the software.....CHANGE THE HARDWARE just what i think

+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234