+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's 4G Plan B

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by chakraj Well now that apple is bigger than Microsoft, Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chakraj View Post
    Well now that apple is bigger than Microsoft,
    Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull2o08 View Post
    so either there is a totally new design with upgraded HD camera, front facing camera.... or we get the same design with same camera? did i read that right?
    Yes either the phone is totally different, or not at all... Don't you just love rumor mills?

If there are two phones, I think it is far more likely that there is a "base" and a "pro" version about to be launched, much like the macbook versus macbook pro lines.

Quote Originally Posted by chakraj View Post
    Well now that apple is bigger than Microsoft
    Noodleboy beat me to it. WTF are you talking about?
    Last edited by sziklassy; 05-26-2010 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

theres no way apple comes out with the same body, theyre not that stupid. doing it for 3GS was borderline, but after all the hype of the new body, people will boycott upgrading to a same body phone, even if it has a front facing camera

if they dont change the body, im off to Android!

Thanks

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Rescuer For This Useful Post:

leonpeeon (05-27-2010)

Thanks

I almost feel stupid Showing this much interest in a phone

At this rate apple is going to end up with there own holiday that falls on or around june/july each year...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dash-2 View Post
    Apple release 3 different phones over the course of 3 years that all look identical?
    I doubt it.
    erm, they already have

Thanks

The Droid Incredible is back-ordered till mid-june because of the samsung AMOLED display is in such short supply. Good call on Apple's part.

Thanks

Does anyone else see this as a ploy by apple to try and bump 3GS sales before the 4G drops on June 7th? I mean it is ludacris to think that they would actually fall by the wayside in the smartphone market by dropping such a nothing product.... They are bringing all their products in line with their "uni-body" design... the 4G proto looks very similar in style to there laptops and iMacs... and that has to be there marketing stategy going forward for almost all their products... possibly even for the Mac Pro's in the future

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Nooooooo!!!!
    You're f**king kidding me! I was so excited for the new industrial design and new features! This was the release I was waiting for!! If Apple goes with Plan B... I don't know. F**k. I really wanted that phone. I'm still hopeful though... But Apple does get extremely pissed over leaks, so I might be angry June 7th.

Thanks

I like the gizmodo-gate style iphone

Thanks

ahhh another rumor that brings turmoil. apple wouldnt release a new phone with barely any new features, maybe not the phone we all have been seeing but to keep up with competition it will have to have most of the features gizmodo found in the prototype... or basically it will be a 3gs with a front facing camera. shame shame
    Quote Originally Posted by ??????
    Hi. Does anyone know is iBlacklist available in the app store? can it only be purchased outside the app store? If so, is it hard to install? Thanks everyone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

that's not market share you idiots. that's all financial numbers.

i'm not surprised to hear that apple has a backup phone/plan. that's smart business. if they release a similar looking iphone to the 3G/3GS, they've shot themselves in the foot.

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Eh, the phone could look identical as long as the hardware within it is upgraded and I'd be happy. Performance > Looks.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Happy Noodle Boy For This Useful Post:

Amraam (05-27-2010)

MMI's Official Devil Dog santacruzlocal's Avatar
    Thanks

Maybe that's a super case, That prevents the screen from breaking and damage being done even after a tank has driven over it !!!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple would have only settled for Samsung's newer SuperAMOLED. There is no way Samsung could meet the expected demand, even if they sold every last screen that made at the expense of their own devices. It's cool though. They will surely have the capacity on track for next year. They certainly have every motivation to get the ball rolling. Everyone and their mother is raving about those screens.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zeal View Post
    So now were talking that there isnt gonna be a new iPhone./.. smh
    no....just not the new design that has been featured. [HOWEVER] this comes from a source that has had history of being nortoriously wrong. pfff.
    killall Terminal[]

Thanks

I don't exactly understand why people don't like the look of the prototype, but I think it's great. If Apple goes with this supposed "Plan B", then that'll look really dumb. I say that change is necessary in this economy.

I thought that the new iPhone would be called the iPhone HD. Wonder if that's really the name...

iPhone? More like MyPhone badass1469's Avatar
    Thanks

after reading all these post by other people, as well as putting some thought into this situation; i'd say that apple is for sure going to release this leaked iPhone that we have been seeing, sure i don't have proof of this BUT, one thing that made me jump to this conclusion is that the previous "new" iPhone that came out was nothing but a 3g"s" with a minor upgrade. Your probably wondering what that has to do with anything, well here it goes, of course this is only my opinion. i think that apple has been working on this iPhone for about 2 years now they were gonna release it last year in 09, but it was yet to be perfected. So that plan b they r talking about now is probably the same as the 3gs(i think that the 3gs was a plan b iPhone) , and this is why i belive that the wwdc keynote is will for sure announce the latest and greatest iPhone cuz they have had 2 years to work on this iPhone that looks so bad *****. Oh and for that other dork thats wondering if hes the only one that is in love with the 3g and 3gs case and thinks that the new iPhone case is ugly, u suck and yes ur the only one that likes the old iPhone cuz the new iPhone looks wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy batter.
    damn drug dealers, and there jailbroken iPhones... ____ Hit the thanks if you think i suck

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

That's funny because of sites leaking it we don't get it anymore

Green Apple
    Thanks

if Steve holds up that plan B phone at the conferance I hope he gets bood