+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T Hints 4th Gen iPhone to be Available in June

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
How do they decide their upgrade dates? I thought it was every 12 months? Have had my 3GS since launch and it's saying I am not eligible for upgrade until
    Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

How do they decide their upgrade dates? I thought it was every 12 months? Have had my 3GS since launch and it's saying I am not eligible for upgrade until February 2011!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sandstorm77 View Post
    You have been a member since June of 2008. Did you really need to ask if there is going to be flash!?!?!

Don't be a hater because you never got a first post!
    I actually think he meant a flash for the camera, which the answer to that is yes, there will be a flash.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to iJunkie68 For This Useful Post:

yehiamorsi (05-27-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Can't wait for the factory unlocked ones to hit stores here officialy and den I'll be travellin the world changing my sim the way I do with my 3gs

Without
    jailbreaking
    Last edited by Evilsaint; 05-26-2010 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

it will be unlocked right away thats why they are holding the exploit now so apple wont patch it

Thanks
    Good things come to those who wait to upgrade their plans, I have not upgraded since I bought the 3g 8gig, I will buy the minute it is available online :-)

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zeal View Post
    Sucks i cant upgrade till like December >.< Might have to pay full retail price for the new iPhone... SMH!
    Don't feel bad... I can't upgrade until 3//7/11 I just hope everyone gets going again like last year and start another thing on Facebook then we will all get to update again if you bought your phone near the release date last year...

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    How do they decide their upgrade dates? I thought it was every 12 months? Have had my 3GS since launch and it's saying I am not eligible for upgrade until February 2011!
    I have been an AT&T customer for 13.5 years. It was my first cellphone and line of credit when i turned 18 long ago. I have always been a perfect customer and paid on time 100% all these years.

When I got an Iphone in July of 2008, i was eligible for upgrade pricing and got the discount. the phone was $300
    Last year for the 3GS, I was NOT eligible and paid $400 for my 16gig.

Now, everybody has been talking about their dates changing earlier, and mine still says February 2011 !!! How is that possible if I get an upgrade every two years and didn't use it last year?

So I called AT&T just now to ask why, and she basically told me that because I didn't buy it at FULL non-contract price last year for the 3GS, Then I'm not eligible this year....

I told her that I have been a valued customer for over 13 years, and this is not right that I have to pay non-discounted pricing two years in a row for this new phone, and if I did not get it, then I will not be buying the new iPhone. So in turn, I will not be renewing my long time contract with AT&T since they seem to be screwing me over.

What the heck is going on ? Am I missing something on why I didn't get a discount last year and why I cannot get one this year? Why does my date show February 2011 when I used the discount back in July 2008?

Thanks all for any feedback help you can provide.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
    I have been an AT&T customer for 13.5 years. It was my first cellphone and line of credit when i turned 18 long ago. I have always been a perfect customer and paid on time 100% all these years.

When I got an Iphone in July of 2008, i was eligible for upgrade pricing and got the discount. the phone was $300
    Last year for the 3GS, I was NOT eligible and paid $400 for my 16gig.

Now, everybody has been talking about their dates changing earlier, and mine still says February 2011 !!! How is that possible if I get an upgrade every two years and didn't use it last year?

So I called AT&T just now to ask why, and she basically told me that because I didn't buy it at FULL non-contract price last year for the 3GS, Then I'm not eligible this year....

I told her that I have been a valued customer for over 13 years, and this is not right that I have to pay non-discounted pricing two years in a row for this new phone, and if I did not get it, then I will not be buying the new iPhone. So in turn, I will not be renewing my long time contract with AT&T since they seem to be screwing me over.

What the heck is going on ? Am I missing something on why I didn't get a discount last year and why I cannot get one this year? Why does my date show February 2011 when I used the discount back in July 2008?

Thanks all for any feedback help you can provide.
    This is actually the same situation I am in (the date seems the same too!), you just went into much more detail.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks
    Thanked 2,224 Times in 870 Posts

Man! is like i'm looking myself in a mirror!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleye View Post
    Still not so keen on the new design. However, the idea of not owning the "newest & bestest" iphone will probably eat away at me as Im surrounded by the unbelievable marketing powers of apple until I finally cant take it and will storm into an apple retail store and forfeit my money for the "better" device, leaving my perfectly adequate 3GS in the dust. WHY APPLE?!? WHY MUST YOU TORTURE ME! (And my poor wife who doesn't understand the value of your products and would rather spend money on silly things like water, electric, air conditioning!)
    this is what i mean... "looking myself in a mirror"
    Last edited by monchy36; 05-26-2010 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    This is actually the same situation I am in (the date seems the same too!), you just went into much more detail.
    i'm pretty PO'd about it.

i felt like i got the run around on the phone the other day. i paid $400 for this phone last year.....

and now i still don't get an upgrade?

seems like 13.5 years didn't mean anything to them. they will be losing a customer.

and i was going back and forth on buying the friggen microcell a few months ago. but i figured the new model iphone will be perfect for it when i bought it.

now if i don't renew with AT&T, that $150 microcell is wasted.

and i'm REALLY confused at why some people got their dates changed for early upgrade, and i did not. 13.5 year customer, 100% on time payments, no upgrade price last year, and i don't get my date changed?
    Last edited by Rescuer; 05-26-2010 at 08:19 PM.

Thanks

seems like 13.5 years didn't mean anything to them. they will be losing a customer.
    Most large companies are like this. It is actually the reason I left Verizon. They could give less of a s%^# frankly. The best company I have dealt with was T-Mobile. I get no reception where we were living a few years back and had 6 months left on the contract. I had been a customer for 3.5 years and they closed the contract for me free of charge, no late fees. If only they had a network as good as their customer service.

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

You payed early upgrades on both if I read it right, which still count as upgrades. The phones retail for over $600, you've yet to pay full price for any of them so 2011 sounds about right since your last upgrade.

Here's a pro tip: contracts last 2 years, phones come out every year. Learn to skip a generation.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Thanks

@z3r01 if that's your pic, I'm jelous of ur last name

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    You payed early upgrades on both if I read it right, which still count as upgrades. The phones retail for over $600, you've yet to pay full price for any of them so 2011 sounds about right since your last upgrade.

Here's a pro tip: contracts last 2 years, phones come out every year. Learn to skip a generation.
    and what of all the people who got their dates changed? why them and not me?

Thanks

What plan/feature do you have? I do recall reading somewhere that the "bump" in eligibility was based on how much you pay/month. Aside from that, I really don't know what else to say since it is a bit of an oddball case.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    What plan/feature do you have? I do recall reading somewhere that the "bump" in eligibility was based on how much you pay/month. Aside from that, I really don't know what else to say since it is a bit of an oddball case.
    I've always just been on the 450 minutes plan

Thanks

I should move to AT&T so I don't worry if/when unlock is available

iPhone? More like MyPhone Doran's Avatar
    Thanks

Looks like I have 2 available for upgrade.

I didn't get my 3GS until late July '09 but I was told that because I spend more than $99 on my line and my line is the main line on the account, that I am available every year for a full discount upgrade......

June 7th can't get here fast enough!!!!!

By the way..... I was able to get the pic, edit the pic, upload the pic to photobucket and do this post all on my iPad.
    I freakin' LOVE this thing!!!!!!
    Last edited by Doran; 05-27-2010 at 01:49 AM. Reason: Add on

Thanks

I've always just been on the 450 minutes plan
    Pretty sure that's it. From all accounts I've seen/read, the bump in upgrade is for people with more a more expensive bill. Have yet to hear anyone with the basic one getting it.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

I am jumping onboard early just in case they pull the bait and switch again with the iBoot. I am keeping my fingers crossed for a fully functional Bluetooth stack in 4.0. It is well passed due.