View Poll Results: Would you ditch AT&T for another carrier?

Voters
205. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, my service is fine

117 57.07%
  • Yes, AT&T sucks

88 42.93%
+ Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 40% Would Leave AT&T for Verizon: Report

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I get some dropped calls, but I don't know that Verizon will be better or not. too bad that by the time I know one way or the other, I'd
    Thanks

I get some dropped calls, but I don't know that Verizon will be better or not.

too bad that by the time I know one way or the other, I'd be locked into a 2 year contract. fail.

Thanks

whoever leaves, good for them. hope things get better. my experience is just fine.
    killall Terminal[]

Green Apple
    Thanks

Im gonna be a little harsh now but,

Whoever wrote this is an Absolute Moron. Do you really think 40% of iphone users will leave AT&T?? Can your small brain actual fathom how large of a percent that is? from a buisness standpoint id say anything over 5-15% is impossible. Not unlikely, impossible. AT&T wouldnt allow it, since they would have to take a astronomical profit hit if they did.

I cant even continue to explain how absurd this is.

AT&T is THE second* LARGEST Mobile network, To loose 40% of you main customers ( iphone customers) is ridiculous.

PLEASE STOP POSTING RIDICULOUS ARTICLES LIKE THIS,again
    PLEASE STOP POSTING RIDICULOUS ARTICLES LIKE THIS, you clearly know nothing about business and you are only fueling further rumor whores.

sorry if that was mean but people really need to start to wake up
    Last edited by hacker555; 05-26-2010 at 05:52 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

AT&T is actually second but yeah this article is complete bananas.

iPhone? More like MyPhone dillonsmith9147's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by monadzback View Post
    I have been getting about 7 dropped calls a day now. So has everyone else in my area of KY.
    I seroiuisly think AT&T hates KY and IL

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dillonsmith9147 View Post
    I seroiuisly think AT&T hates KY and IL
    I don't think At&t hates those areas I think most of the problems especially in KY is the mountains... just drove through there on I-75 and lost 3G and edge at times going through... KY was one and Tennessee was the other one..

"Always remember your special and unique!"

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
    I think people
    hate AT&T for so
    ilar reasons as to why they hate Microsoft. I believe it is all about image... Do to
    having bad service years ago, they became known as "the bad guy"... Now that they have fixed almost all their problems (or at least on par or better than VZ or anyone else). People still see them as "the worst carrier"....it's just not true. I really thi k it's a image and advertising problem that AT&T has to deal with. Oh, and one other thing, yes it would be a brilliant business choice for Steve jobs to bring the iPhone to verizon, but it's Steve Jobs... Is everyone forgetting Verizon completely rejected Steve jobs baby, then AT&T picked it up. We know how personal Steve takes things, for verizon to have done that to jobs is reason enough jobs would never let verizon have the iPhone!!!! It's Steve jobs!! Look what he's doing to adobe!!

Sry for the typos above....at work, no time to spell check!

I agree with you totally. Ive never had a dropped call with AT&T at all believe it or not. There customer service is awesome while VERIZONS CUSTOMER SERVICE IS NON-EXSISTENT. I always have awesome speeds and coverage while my friends droid incredible lags behind my speeds with att terribly. He gets one bar where i get full bars. I bet half the people who voted are not even with AT&T there just haters on Verizon that want, but wont get the iPhone. DREAM ON VERIZON CUSTOMERS!!!! MUHAHAHHAAHHA YOULL NEVER GET MY APPLE!!! NEVER!!!!

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hacker555 View Post
    Im gonna be a little harsh now but,

Whoever wrote this is an Absolute Moron. Do you really think 40% of iphone users will leave AT&T?? Can your small brain actual fathom how large of a percent that is? from a buisness standpoint id say anything over 5-15% is impossible. Not unlikely, impossible. AT&T wouldnt allow it, since they would have to take a astronomical profit hit if they did.

I cant even continue to explain how absurd this is.

AT&T is THE second* LARGEST Mobile network, To loose 40% of you main customers ( iphone customers) is ridiculous.

PLEASE STOP POSTING RIDICULOUS ARTICLES LIKE THIS,again
    PLEASE STOP POSTING RIDICULOUS ARTICLES LIKE THIS, you clearly know nothing about business and you are only fueling further rumor whores.

sorry if that was mean but people really need to start to wake up
    AT&T wont let them leave?? Yeah Im sure AT&T is going to hold a gun to each and every person's head that tries to cancel their service.

Im not saying it would or wouldnt happen...in fact I also believe it is 99% not true, but the fact is.....There is NOTHING AT&T can do about it. If someone wants to switch to Verizon they will.
    Last edited by cpjr; 05-26-2010 at 10:18 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    AT&T wont let them leave?? Yeah Im sure AT&T is going to hold a gun to each and every person's head that tries to cancel their service.

Im not saying it would or wouldnt happen, but the fact is.....There is NOTHING AT&T can do about it. If someone wants to switch to Verizon they will.

he is actually right. AND MORE THAN HALF THOSE PEOPLE ARNT EVEN ON ATT AND ARE JUST TRYING TO MAKE THE NUMBERS HIGHER!!! Not everyone will pay 200 dollars and switch more people have good service with them than bad. Go to verizon and try to talk to their reps or customer service there non-exsistent and will just try to talk against your point.
    You- "I heard that (something) on the iPhone is better than the droid"
    Verizon Rep- "Whoever told you that is an absolute liar. The droid has the fastest browser in all the phones"
    You- "But i didnt ask about the browser"

This actually happends to a friend of mines and than she went and compared the two and the iPhone was significantly faster

THEN YOUR DROID DOSENT TURN ON!!!!

You- "Hi! I was calling because my Droid wont turn on and I tried to charge and power it on but it wont."
    Verizon Rep- "Sir, Did you try to charge it or hold the red power button?"
    You- "Yes I did already, what should i do?"
    Verizon Rep- "Well theres nothing I can do about it. You probably dropped it or something happend"
    You- You look at your phone and see that it has NO scratches dents water marks and looks like it is in perfect condition."BUT"
    Verizon Rep-"Thank You for calling, have a great day"

Thanks

@iPhone?3gs I tottaly agree with you about the bad images of microsoft and AT&T

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    You- "Hi! I was calling because my Droid wont turn on and I tried to charge and power it on but it wont."
    Verizon Rep- "Sir, Did you try to charge it or hold the red power button?"
    You- "Yes I did already, what should i do?"
    Verizon Rep- "Well theres nothing I can do about it. You probably dropped it or something happend"
    You- You look at your phone and see that it has NO scratches dents water marks and looks like it is in perfect condition."BUT"
    Verizon Rep-"Thank You for calling, have a great day"
    omg verizon srsly did that too me with my droid...
    i had to go to the store and they replaced it for me after
    30 minutes of arguing

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I'm not surprised. Kudos for the people who've dropped AT&T.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm also in CKY and would switch in a heartbeat! I'm sick of AT&T ********! Plus the bill is stupid high for 2 iPhones that get ****** service!

iPhone? More like MyPhone geoffe's Avatar
    Thanks

I am in Northern Michigan and I am very happy with my service and have been since AT&T bought out Cingular which I was with for a few years.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Riviera's Avatar
    Thanks

The more the better - the sooner the better.
    Then we'll have less drop calls & faster data service for us who love AT&T

+ Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345