View Poll Results: Would you ditch AT&T for another carrier?

Voters
205. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, my service is fine

117 57.07%
  • Yes, AT&T sucks

88 42.93%
+ Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 40% Would Leave AT&T for Verizon: Report

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
By all means, please leave and free up some bandwidth for the rest of us. Bye Bye!
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

By all means, please leave and free up some bandwidth for the rest of us.

Bye Bye!

iPhone? More like MyPhone back9player's Avatar
    Thanks

a lot of your complaints prolly has more to do with the iphone than att...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikey1027 View Post
    If you live in an area where AT&T has strong coverage then quality is great and if you live in an area where AT&T does not have great coverage then the quality will be poor. People should stop choosing a cell phone carrier based on the phones that they offer and choose based on the area you live in and which company has the best service. If you switched carriers just to get the iPhone, then deal with it or switch back and find a different phone. I've had the AT&T for the past 5 years and had the same quality of service before and after the release of the iphone.
    I agree... Ive had all(at&t,verizon,sprint, and tmobile) they all have dead spots. This is just a case of the grass is greener on the other side. Believe it or not but at&t has the newest system,that is ultimately a faster network- this is fact not opinion. Am I the only one that knows (read)at&t is ramping up their 3g to 15mbs? Their current max is 7.2mbs. And yes I have a verizon mifi and its speeds are not on par with my iphones(at&t).When I do speed tests a lot of the time at&t doubles verizon. Now add 5-10 million iphones and see what happens. Good luck.

Green Apple
    Thanks

AT&T works amazing for me here in Dallas, but it would just suck if the iphone discontinues for att

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I live in Atlanta and the coverage has been great and bad at times. If 6 million people leave thou coverage will be AWESOME!!!!! Course if they all go to Verizon then V's net work will suck, its true don't deny it. No company can say were gonna add 6 mill over night and not miss a beat. 6 Million leaving will only provide better coverage and bandwidth for those who stay

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I would never switch to Verizon..no matter what ... why? because when you buy a cheap smartphone on craiglist and try to activate the phone Verizon will automatically add $30 data plan to your phone...wtf???? simply because u're using CDMA they force you to pay extra $30 even you haven't sign any contract with them. But with AT&T,Tmobile they can't

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    At&t kicks Verizon's *** in Indianapolis! The only time there's a dropped call is if I'm talking to a friend who has Verizon. Hmmm....

8. The Following User Says Thank You to metaldude For This Useful Post:

Squeaky369 (05-25-2010)

Thanks

Good God!

Will you all shut the hell up!

Verizon is not going to get the iPhone!

Verizon's 3G network DOES NOT SUPPORT WEB/CALLS at the same time!

These god damn rumors are horse ****, and they need to stop.

Also; stop ******** about your service. Verizon's is just as bad!!

Grow up.

Verizon will NEVER get the iPhone!

EVER!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Squeaky369 For This Useful Post:

rkswat (05-26-2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by back9player View Post
    a lot of your complaints prolly has more to do with the iphone than att...
    This is a issue too. People that have had bad reception can get great reception by simply putting the sim in a cheap phone. Sometimes the phones are the problems themself.

I am very happy with ATT and plan to stay. I know for a fact every place I travel within the US has 3G coverage because I go to them every year and never have issues with phone calls or data.

Green Apple
    Thanks

i've noticed that i drop calls everytime im on the phone with someone else with an iphone. that is very annoying.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iBwizzle View Post
    No thanks... I love the fact that I can easy switch phones by swapping the sim-card!
    I agree with you; especially if you go overseas, it's real nice to put in that $10 local SIM card.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Sweet!!
    I like it!!! If the amount of people leave att that claims they would then perhaps those of us that stay will have better service. Oh yeah I almost forgot...duh... I am JB/Unlocked... SWEET! thanks T-mobile your service is great both here and in your home country.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Oh yeah, I'm JB too, but plan on switching to T-Mobile when two year contract is up; how's their data service?

Thanks

YES Y-nners Go AWAY. (yes am foreign cant spell)

PLEASE Verizon is much better. Now Get the heck out!!!!!

More bandwidth for us.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Teoyaomqui For This Useful Post:

rkswat (05-26-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

I've had att for 5 years and I live in New York, long island (suburbs). So far I love there service and would NEVER leave them. FAST 3G Speeds and very little drop calls. PLUS, with Verizon you can't talk and brows the web at the same time, this is something I do a lot!

Thanks

At&T is suck but i got 25% service discounted thought work. Wanna leave but my hands r tight.

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

Pft I'm not signing a new contrat with no one I'll just continue to pay my bill and they can go eat a d with there new eft rates. They are both evil. But AT&T has been pretty good for the whole time iv had the iPhone since the first gen

And why would you use a 3g iPhone on tmobile. Might as well get a 2g. Why would you want an iPhone on a network that you can't fully utilize it. Lame
    Last edited by screamforme02; 05-25-2010 at 09:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

The 3G is still slightly faster at stuff than the 2G. A 3GS is way faster at processing than a 2G so even if you miss out on the 3G data you still get the power.

Why spend all that money on a Lotus if the speed limit is 65.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by saunupe1911 View Post
    Yeah AT&T sucks in Florida. It doesn't even work in the suburbs of Tampa. I have to shut my phone off when I visit.
    I will agree... I am 40 minutes north of Tampa and my service was awful when I was down there. However the good thing is At&t was very nice and while I was in Florida I didn't have to pay my bill for six months.

At&t was very understanding and the good thing is they are putting two more towers in as well. However I feel at times that if your getting a lot of dropped calls and such it is the phone that is the problem not the service.

As for changing.... I would wait awhile before I would change. I would want to see the pro's or con's from the people that changed...

"Always remember your special and unique!"

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by knguyen View Post
    I live in Denver and I use AT&T. My coverage sucks balls here. The locations where I live and work rarely get a full signal, and I rarely see the 3G icon on my phone.
    Maybe it's just you..... I live in Co. and travel to Denver often and don't have any problems with reception and have never dropped a call in Denver.

I'm going to echo what some others have said. IF at&t isn't working for you why would you be so stupid and keep it? All the beotching and whining about at&t can be easily solved.... SWITCH TO A DIFFERENT CARRIER!!
    Last edited by rkswat; 05-26-2010 at 12:19 AM.