View Poll Results: Would you ditch AT&T for another carrier?

Voters
205. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, my service is fine

117 57.07%
  • Yes, AT&T sucks

88 42.93%
+ Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 40% Would Leave AT&T for Verizon: Report

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by iBwizzle No thanks... I love the fact that I can easy switch phones by swapping the sim-card! Same here. And i travel outside of the country quite
    My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iBwizzle View Post
    No thanks... I love the fact that I can easy switch phones by swapping the sim-card!
    Same here. And i travel outside of the country quite a bit so CDMA does nothing for me. GSM 4life!

Thanks

My AT&T service works good, and i'm happy with that. What I hate is my $145/mo bill! If AT&T would match Sprint's ''Everything Plan'' price, I would stay with AT&T. But since that apparently isn't going to happen, I will switch immediately if Sprint gets the iPhone... Especially if it'll do 4G!!
    Praise the Devs! To each and every one of you who spend your time writing code and making apps for little or no profit... Its YOU that makes the iPhone great, NOT Apple!! From me to you, a million thanks!!

MMI's Official Devil Dog santacruzlocal's Avatar
    Thanks

1. Isn't the rumor that Verizon would only get the 3G iPhone? (Not even the 3GS)
    2. I truly believe that if Verizon go the iPhone we would see everything that we want out of AT&T
    3. RSMITH7 is right ... goodbye to those who want to leave, More bandwidth for me!!!

What's Jailbreak? [NG]I_KEEL_YOU's Avatar
    Thanks

Default AT&T Coverage...
    I have to agree with all the people that are content with AT&T. I have never had a problem with AT&T service or data service. People have to realize that they will pay double what they do now to have the same thing on Verizon. This would be the first company that I have never had to check my bill because of bogus charges.

Exclusivity or not, I'm sticking with AT&T. Not reason to leave when i can have the lowest digital plan with 2k roll over minutes and never worry about going over.

All hail AT&T!!!

Livin the iPhone Life TheOrioles33's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aimetti View Post
    here in CT i love att. No problems at all.
    Same here man! Central CT and getting mad 3G speeds even deep within the building I work at. Getting between 150-200 kb/s. Stream Slacker radio all day without a hiccup. I cant say much about dropped calls since I only use about 15 minutes a month! I will be staying put!

EDIT: Just did a speed test and got 169 kb/s.
    Last edited by TheOrioles33; 05-25-2010 at 11:45 AM.
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

What's Jailbreak? manofcolombia's Avatar
    Thanks
    At&t sux!!!!!! Yay verizon!!!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Most of ATT's dropped calls aren't from coverage, but the inability for a seamless transition between 3G and EDGE. Not sure if this is iPhone specific or not but I believe it's ATT. If you are on a call and the phone switches to EDGE from 3G or 3G to EDGE, your call WILL be dropped. That's why their statistics used to be so much better... EDGE-only phones never transitioned and rarely dropped calls. FIX THIS ATT and you will have far less issues... it's been going on for ages, since 3G's inception and before the iPhone!
    Really?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

All it takes is about 5 minutes to check AT&T's coverage map to decide whether or not you're going to get good coverage where you live. If you just hopped onto AT&T because of OMG T3H IFONE! then you have no one to blame but yourself if you ended up with spotty service. No one is forcing you to choose AT&T.

My iPhone is a Part of Me klouud's Avatar
    Thanks

After we got an AT&T micro-tower all of our problems have gone away. We get great coverage - except in our house. 3G speeds in Fayetteville NC are 700kb/s in some areas! Thats faster than my Wifi with 802.11n router and 12mb/s DSL line!

-I usually get 150+kb/s with my Wifi

tim

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default I think I would have to stay
    Sometimes people like numbers so, I went on Verizon's site since I am up on contract on the entire family plan coming up on the 29th of May.

I threw a whole plan together having almost the exact plan I have now. 2 smart phone plans's ($29.99 x 2), unlimited messenging ($30)and the 700 minute family talk plan (69.99) on verizon the last two are combined so its $99.99 for a 700 minute talk and text.

So you add the 2 smart phones data plans and the Family talk/text plan you are at 159.99 with even talking about all the taxes and fees which I looked on my bill and thats about $14.00 with AT&T.

I pay @ 151-154 a month with AT&T for 2 iphones and 700 minutes with all the fees/taxes. I also get rollover minutes which I do use every so often. I fail to see the advantage of paying $20-25 extra a month for what amounts to the same plan.

I guess I am lucky. I do not have much in the way of dropped calls and the speed is plenty fast. I am thinking that there must be pretty good coverage in Virginia Beach area. I travel with the military a lot and I have good coverage (3g) almost everywhere I have gone other than Fallon, NV(look it up and you will see why there is no 3g there) which is in the middle of nowhere.
    Last edited by TheSlimOne; 05-25-2010 at 12:40 PM.

Thanks

In about a month, I will belong to the 40%! YEAH!!!!

D...R...O...I...D!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rsmith7 View Post
    If forty percent leave ATT, then there is more bandwidth for the people who stay. This move will balance the data demand.
    By all means stay with AT&T. It will help all of us soon to be Droid users. Maybe even help lower the cost of buying a new Icredible.....!

iPhone? More like MyPhone playboii's Avatar
    Thanks

i get 1 to zero bars in my house I HOPE AND PRAY sprint or verizon gets the iphone. the only thing keeping me with at&t is the iphone because the service here in new york is SO BAD I cant not begin to explain. I miss so many calls at home I get text messages a hour later. and on top of that at&t is taking forever to release their little cell towers which I am going to be forced to get one in order to have the service I pay 120$ a month for.

Thanks

I still dont get why Apple would ever consider making a WiMax iphone. Sprint blows and its not like apple will make a CDMA iphone for a carrier that has 1/4 the people as verizon and are gonna be releasing a WiMax phone at the same time as the iphone launch. Theres no way theyd go with Verizon AND sprint because even if they make a CDMA one for both now theyd have to make a WiMax and LTE one next year

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm in San Diego, huge county and I
    have 3g in about 95% of anywhere I go, even when on hikes in remote areas. As for dropped calls, I really don't use my iPhone as a phone that often, but I would say I average maybe 1 dropped call every 2 months.... And I thi k that's pretty good! Not to hard to just call someone back! Love AT&T! Will stay with them. If iPhone goes to
    verizon I will be happy for two reasons.....#1. Hopefully a service pricing war. And #2 - 90% of my friends have verizon, so they don't have iPhones, if they did we could use all the cool social apps/games together, which right now I can't do, cuz none of them have iPhones!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'll Leave AT&T as fast as there drop calls 

Thanks

I'd stay been with AT&T for 10 years, I have no problem with them. Service great, 3G is fast! Verizon isn't even 3G where I live, I'm actually tired of this being discussed!!!

Thanks

Accoring to AT&T's coverage map, I am in a full 3G service area at home. Some days I get 3G, most days I don't, or it's very very spotty.

I think eg6motion may be on to something in his post above. I drop calls like crazy at home, and I wonder if it's my 3G fading in and out. Heh. Maybe I will turn 3G off and see if that makes it better. Honestly, I have never talked on the phone and surfed the web at the same time, and I don't see me needing to do so ever.

We also have a Droid on verizon. 100% 3G 24/7 everywhere we go. Has not dropped a call yet in 2010. More expensive than the iPhone on AT&T though.

6 of one, 1/2 a dozen of the other.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Eagleye's Avatar
    Thanks

I wouldnt switch, I live in the Chicago suburbs and my service is great. Being able to use data while talking on the phone I cannot live without...Plus they are gonna bump DL speeds up to 7-14 mbps... kinda hard to fight with that. AT&T is fine for me. (Hey look, ima poet!)

Thanks

That's just talk, we don't even know verizons pricing or plans for all we know they could have a contract of $200 months