View Poll Results: Would you ditch AT&T for another carrier?

Voters
205. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, my service is fine

117 57.07%
  • Yes, AT&T sucks

88 42.93%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 40% Would Leave AT&T for Verizon: Report

I live in the UK,and for once its a good place to be! O2 is a fantastic network,I never have any problems! I got an email from Apple today,asking me if I want to order an Ipad 3g to pick up at my local store on friday!
    Im quite happy with my 3gs though,waiting for june the 7th,I may need to purchase another apple device then!

@ EXO III....

So let me get this right... You've been cheating att for two years by paying $10 a month and using the incorrect data plan and now that they want you to pay what you should be, THEY are the bad guys???

:/ wow, I never understand the intellegience of some people.

Thanks

C'mon bring it to Sprint! AT&T works HERE but I like to go camping and travel and it doesn't go well when I leave the city. And Verizon is the worst in Pittsburgh. I know several people who have Verizon and their calls fail constantly (but Verizon still has a lot of coverage ex: camping). And T-Mobile..... well.... they drop calls here and they have no coverage. Sprint is a happy medium, lots of coverage (NOT AT&T or T-Mobile) range without sacrificing calls (Verizon or T-Mobile).

iPhone? More like MyPhone johnr9412's Avatar
    Thanks

I love att!!! Theyre soo awesome!! Everyone that leaves for verizon would come crawling back to us after veizons network crashes! Theyre 3g speeds are crazy slow already compared to att. We'll see whos laughing in a year

what about those not under AT&T?

here in CT i love att. No problems at all.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to aimetti For This Useful Post:

rsmith7 (05-25-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by lili4311 View Post
    Too bad I left Sprint and never paid my cancellation fee :P I'm screwed with getting them back

You better check your credit report. I guarantee that outstanding cancellation fee is on there.

I live in the suburbs of LA, Diamond Bar, and At&t service is phenomenal. I probably had 1 dropped call this year and my network speed is faster than my friends Droid. I guess it really just depends on where you live. On top of all that I also get 20% off my monthly bill because of where I work. No way will I switch to another carrier.
    Last edited by salmedina87; 05-25-2010 at 11:23 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to salmedina87 For This Useful Post:

rsmith7 (05-25-2010)

Thanks

AT&T would be nothing without the iPhone otherwise it would be just another carrier with bad service. 3G always existed but good marketing made it a household name.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

I think people
    hate AT&T for so
    ilar reasons as to why they hate Microsoft. I believe it is all about image... Do to
    having bad service years ago, they became known as "the bad guy"... Now that they have fixed almost all their problems (or at least on par or better than VZ or anyone else). People still see them as "the worst carrier"....it's just not true. I really thi k it's a image and advertising problem that AT&T has to deal with. Oh, and one other thing, yes it would be a brilliant business choice for Steve jobs to bring the iPhone to verizon, but it's Steve Jobs... Is everyone forgetting Verizon completely rejected Steve jobs baby, then AT&T picked it up. We know how personal Steve takes things, for verizon to have done that to jobs is reason enough jobs would never let verizon have the iPhone!!!! It's Steve jobs!! Look what he's doing to adobe!!

Sry for the typos above....at work, no time to spell check!
    Last edited by iLoveWindows&iPhone; 05-25-2010 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Even with the old horrible verizon smart phone I had was super fast on the internet and great calls. Verizon actually can support iPhones, they are the #1 carrier even without the iPhone, they have a huge network. AT&T was the only one not ready for this.

I make about 6 calls a day here in Portland, Oregon. I drop almost 4 calls a day. I hate att. But some people are right, if those 40% of iphone customers jump ship, the network will be freed up so i dunno what to do.

iPhone? More like MyPhone CMOSlabs's Avatar
    Thanks

Good, I hope they leave. Free up more bandwidth for us. Been with At&t for 6 years, it has its ups and downs like all the other services. Waiting for the 4G upgrade for $18.00

16. The Following User Says Thank You to CMOSlabs For This Useful Post:

rsmith7 (05-25-2010)

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Maybe if 40% leave then those of us who stay will get a better price on our plans. Let the iPhone pricing wars begin already!

Other then the fact off the too much drop calls I get, I also have to deal with 3G speed and sometimes no 3G going to Edge. I had enough of At&t terrible network.... Too be honest I love apple but the restriction they are doing now with 4.0 and still no flash is making me jump to Sprint for the HTC EVO 4G if they don't make a splash with the new iPhone announcement on June 7th.

I have AT&T living in New Haven, CT. And I never drop calls......!!!! Maybe I'm just lucky.....!!!! I'm just wondering if AT&T can handle Video calling for the new 4th gen iPhone

ya man , i work in hartford and live in southeastern ct. have never had a dropped call and the data speed is twice as fast as verizon. I wont even get on sprint. I had them for 7 days and driving up rt 2 I would drop calls non stop. 3g was also non existent around here.

All depends on where you live i guess

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rsmith7 View Post
    If forty percent leave ATT, then there is more bandwidth for the people who stay. This move will balance the data demand.
    That's exactly what I was hoping for, since I'd rather not go the the trouble of switching anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by PouncingLion View Post
    I have AT&T living in New Haven, CT. And I never drop calls......!!!! Maybe I'm just lucky.....!!!! I'm just wondering if AT&T can handle Video calling for the new 4th gen iPhone
    This is weird, because I work in New Haven and live in West Haven and I've had very very many. Hhmmm...
    Last edited by TheDirtyDiddler; 05-25-2010 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

22. The Following User Says Thank You to TheDirtyDiddler For This Useful Post:

rsmith7 (05-25-2010)

I live in Denver and I use AT&T. My coverage sucks balls here. The locations where I live and work rarely get a full signal, and I rarely see the 3G icon on my phone.

I will stay with AT&T. I have had them for a long time without issue. Good customer service, good data speed, and good coverage where i live. I live in Columbia, SC and have no problems with speed or dropped calls. Now my work phone is a Verizon 8830 BB and that thing drops calls. I can be in my living room with NO service walk to the front of my house and have full 1xev. A friend of mine just got a Droid, just for S&G we opened our browsers side by side and went to a page neither of us have been to. We opened yahoo.com at the same time, i was on my 3rd page by the time his front page came up. That alone was enough to keep me around.
    When these people change to Verizon and see what kind of data speeds they really get, cant use GPS and the phone, cant download/surf while talking, cant do emails while talking, some of them will drift back.
    The grass is always greener on the other side, until it runs out of water.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast