Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 43

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Steve Jobs Makes WWDC Promise

  1. #1
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Valparaiso, Indiana
    Posts
    3,847
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 1,481 Times in 567 Posts

    Default Steve Jobs Makes WWDC Promise


    Steve Jobs must have a lot of free time on his hands these days. Lately, the Apple chief has been quick on the draw and prompt to answer concerned inquirers via email. The latest example comes from our friends at MacRumors who shared a vulgarity-laden message from an Apple fan who wanted to know from Jobs if Apple's announcement at WWDC would be sufficient to blow Google and the Android team "out of the water."

    In response to the question, Jobs succinctly articulated that we "won't be disappointed." It's a bold claim that likely foreshadows the announcement of the 4th generation iPhone and echos previous promises by Apple's chief that the new iPhone upgrade will be "awesome" and far superior to previous models. And if the features and amenities anticipated for the next gen iPhone actually materialize, all the hype will certainly be validated.

    In recent weeks, however, there have been so many leaks and iPhone prototypes uncovered in the wild, that it has never been more difficult to assess the legit from the fake pieces of "news" circulating. But with only two weeks to go until the start of WWDC, the iPhone rumors will probably continue to fly - a situation we observed just this weekend with "photographic evidence" of the 4th generation iPhone being available in white.

    For now, all we know for sure is what Steve Jobs is apparently promising, and that's something big that won't "disappoint."

    Image via MacRumors

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Do you think he would say anything else??

    Steve - Well the cat is out of the bag with the iPhone leaks. This will be the most boring event ever.

    He wants people to pay attention.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to tknapp2 For This Useful Post:

    flippy (05-24-2010)

  5. #4
    I'll laugh if it's a iPod shuffle

  6. #5
    What else is he gonna say? 'No, it's gonna suck. Sorry?'

  7. #6
    The problem with this is it can he easily faked.

  8. #7
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Excel Wiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Posts
    193
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts

    Hello, I am Steve Jobs at WWDC here to introduce.........iPhone 4.0 Beta 6 haha
    Last edited by Excel Wiz; 05-23-2010 at 11:06 PM.

    MacBook Pro 15" Core i7|4GB|500GB|HiRes
    iPhone 4 16GB
    iPhone 3G 8GB

  9. #8
    what i want to know is...
    does Mr. Jobs have his phone jailbroken?

  10. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisrotolo View Post
    what i want to know is...
    does Mr. Jobs have his phone jailbroken?
    No doubt. I'm sure it runs flash too.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to jdm.accord For This Useful Post:

    TheGrandFinale2001 (05-24-2010)

  12. #10
    I love how he says "**** the Google Android team". Yeah, **** the guys who are trying to cater to the user rather than themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Don't you love all this willy waving?

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Success.Is.Sweet For This Useful Post:

    b3nny (05-24-2010), SquareWheel (05-23-2010)

  14. #11
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    123
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 19 Times in 10 Posts

    Why Steve would reply to just an immature kid ("F the google android team") is more surprising than anything.

    What else would he say, "No, WWDC is going to be terrible"?

  15. #12
    Hmmm... WWDC will suck. I guarantee it.

  16. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by SquareWheel View Post
    Why Steve would reply to just an immature kid ("F the google android team") is more surprising than anything.

    What else would he say, "No, WWDC is going to be terrible"?
    Steve replies to a surprisingly large amount of people. They're always quick and short, but he takes the time to talk to everyone.

    I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

  17. #14
    the ipod shuffle is the most useless apple product ever made i mean come on its a f#ck!ng MP3

  18. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    Steve replies to a surprisingly large amount of people. They're always quick and short, but he takes the time to talk to everyone.
    If I were Steve, I'd hire an assistant to sort through the Q&A email he receives 24-hours/day by the boatload, then have the assistant automatically reply in Steve-style short phrases if its something obvious (of course Steve would say that WWDC would be great, what else could he say?) or page me for quick responses if its something specific or worthy of personality.

    In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if that is exactly how he has it set up.

  19. #16
    Get the iPhone off ATT and we wont be disappointed

  20. #17
    I'm a big fan of Apple, but can't stand the control freaknish of Steve Jobs. Other tech companies has their execs and engineers tweeting & blogging. But Apple!!?? Only him is allowed to answer public questions.

    Well as long as Apple is giving us good stuff i'll keep rooting for Apple.
    But this has one bad sign for Apple, I wonder how it will manage after Steve Jobs gone???

  21. #18
    Can't wait

  22. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by vruls View Post
    the ipod shuffle is the most useless apple product ever made i mean come on its a f#ck!ng MP3
    I have an iPhone and tried using it in the gym. Too bulky. If you already have a well organized iTunes library, iPod shuffle is pretty useful for people who have an active lifestyle.
    I'm MYAATT DAAAMOOON!!!

  23. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by NessLookAlike View Post
    If I were Steve, I'd hire an assistant to sort through the Q&A email he receives 24-hours/day by the boatload, then have the assistant automatically reply in Steve-style short phrases if its something obvious (of course Steve would say that WWDC would be great, what else could he say?) or page me for quick responses if its something specific or worthy of personality.

    In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if that is exactly how he has it set up.
    agreed totally.

    there's an app for that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •