Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: planetbeing (David Wang) Interviewed re: Android on iPhone

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

Default planetbeing (David Wang) Interviewed re: Android on iPhone

If you can get past the cheesy hosts, this interview by This Week in Android actually has some decent information on planetbeing's going's on's to get the iPhones running Android.

EDIT: The relevant info is at 23:02-32ish. The rest is loooooong.

Notable points include this port being 2 years in the making, 8 months of actual active working on it, as well as his attention also being quite focused on getting Android to 3G[S] - as it is his personal phone and he'd love to be able to use both platforms on his primary device.

Wang also says his goal is not to have a "gee-whiz" implementation of something cool and geeky, but an actual, full-time useable Android implementation on iDevices.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

If u want the android os get your punk ***** an android phone. This is stupid! I dont see why put 2 years into a project when u can simply buy a droid. 2 years wasted, get a friggin life!

It makes no sense! One can argue nothing, the droid is superior hardware wise. This is stupid! admin edit: serious? with the racial stuff?, get a new hobby please!

Stupid Android!

Has there been a dual boot for the 3g yet? Or is it still only for 2g

I see what your saying Lopez. And I agree. This was a complete waste of time building a droid look-a-like when really they are being sold with the original. so much time gone to waste on his little compewter : k

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by George Lopez View Post
    If u want the android os get your punk ***** an android phone. This is stupid! I dont see why put 2 years into a project when u can simply buy a droid. 2 years wasted, get a friggin life!

It makes no sense! One can argue nothing, the droid is superior hardware wise. This is stupid! admin edit: serious? with the racial stuff?, get a new hobby please!

Stupid Android!
    I think you are retarted in the head and need to shut up. This might actually eventually make him a developer. And Yuou need to get a life if your just flamiing peopleon the inter net.
    You dont deserve tht name

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nickkrd View Post
    This might actually eventually make him a developer.
    While I agree with your general sentiment, I would say that David Wang most definitely IS a developer.

@Nickkrd

I am absolutely possitive this guy must be a genius. But come on, this is not somebody booting osx on a superior machine than anything apple sells. This is android on a friggin iphone! Get out of here!

The iPhone is made for iphone os, period! U want android, get a droid or a nexus. Now booting the iphone os on the nexus one would be something special.

And yes, this guy is a developer, and should use his time wisely, maybe in contributing in the jailbreak community.

And i thought his name was really, what i said, sorry. Mr David Wang, u are a genius sir! How about putting it to good use!

iPhone? More like MyPhone mitchell209's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't want to buy another phone. I want android on my iPhone. If you don't, good for you. He's doing this because he can and he enjoys doing it.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

wow that was an annoying panel

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

The iPhone is made for iphone os, period! U want android, get a droid or a nexus. Now booting the iphone os on the nexus one would be something special
    Just out of curiosity...how is booting iPOS on the nexus something special, but booting android on the iPhone not? It is brilliant.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Matthews View Post
    While I agree with your general sentiment, I would say that David Wang most definitely IS a developer.
    I know i mean for a major company or something bigger than he is now. Sorry for not making it clear

If u want the android os get your punk ***** an android phone.
    Do you know how much money is made off of dual-boot solutions like Parallels and vmWare? Do you ACTUALLY think it's a BETTER option to not give people choice? If that's your philosophy then I don't know what you're doing with your phone jailbroken, let alone being on these forums. Don't bother us anymore--we don't like you here.

Quote Originally Posted by High_Voltage View Post
    This was a complete waste of time building a droid look-a-like
    It's not a look-a-like. It is Android. The actual operating system. It is a phone running both iPhoneOS and Android.

Sometimes I think the hackers should make jailbreaking MORE difficult to weed out some of the kids riding the technology short bus that make their way onto these forums.
    Last edited by n00neimp0rtant; 05-23-2010 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Personally i like the idea! Will see how he goes with getting it onto 3gs! Why not have both on same device! Best of both worlds! Instead of 2 phones which makes no sense to me really!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    Just out of curiosity...how is booting iPOS on the nexus something special, but booting android on the iPhone not? It is brilliant.
    That's exactly what I was thinking.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

And yes, this guy is a developer, and should use his time wisely, maybe in contributing in the jailbreak community.
    Sounds like you'd be pretty surprised what planetbeing has done for the jailbreak community.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by n00neimp0rtant View Post
    Do you know how much money is made off of dual-boot solutions like Parallels and vmWare? Do you ACTUALLY think it's a BETTER option to not give people choice? If that's your philosophy then I don't know what you're doing with your phone jailbroken, let alone being on these forums. Don't bother us anymore--we don't like you here.

It's not a look-a-like. It is Android. The actual operating system. It is a phone running both iPhoneOS and Android.

Sometimes I think the hackers should make jailbreaking MORE difficult to weed out some of the kids riding the technology short bus that make their way onto these forums.
    Totally agree with everything you have said. Especially the part about making jailbreaking more difficult.

I think this is great for people like me,, that like android OS but are stock with ATT contract... AT&T does not have any good android phone in th e market,,, so having the Iphone running Android it'll be great. I mean if AT&T had a Nexus One or a EVO to sell for $199.00 like the iphone.. hell I will get the android device.. but thats not the case.. so why spend $500+ in a new android device when I can have android running in my already purchased iphone

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Matthews View Post
    Sounds like you'd be pretty surprised what planetbeing has done for the jailbreak community.
    Apparently he's just some ignorant child who thinks the iPhone OS is the most amazing operating system to ever exist and all other operating systems are trash.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, if you actually watched the interview you would have heard multiple statements by him comparing putting linux (which was his original intention and for that matter is the basis of android) to Everest, including directly quoting George Mallory about why he wanted to climb Everest: "Because it was there."

Quote Originally Posted by nickkrd View Post
    I think you are retarted in the head and need to shut up.
    I understand a lot of people could care less about their spelling on the internet but come on man, if you're going to call someone retarded, at least get it correct.

should use his time wisely, maybe in contributing in the jailbreak community.
    I know what you mean, stupid planetbeing noob!

Stupid Android!
    Dude, chill the hell out. He can do with his life whatever he pleases, 8 months out of 2 years, he's not sitting there working on it 24/7 you know? If everyone thought like you, we wouldn't see developments in jailbreaking in the first place.

Plus, I think this is pretty cool, iPhone OS + Android OS? Hell yeah. Not to mention you'll have friends saying wtf.
    iPhone 32GB 3GS - iOS 4.2.1 - BB: 5.11.07
    iPhone 16GB 3G - 3.1.3 - BB: 4.28.08

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast