+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: planetbeing (David Wang) Interviewed re: Android on iPhone

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by n00neimp0rtant Sometimes I think the hackers should make jailbreaking MORE difficult to weed out some of the kids riding the technology short bus that make their way
    Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by n00neimp0rtant View Post
    Sometimes I think the hackers should make jailbreaking MORE difficult to weed out some of the kids riding the technology short bus that make their way onto these forums.
    I kind of agree with this. It would however, mean that I would have to jailbreak all of my friends iPhones for every firmware. I have to say that I really don't miss that part of it before the Point&Click jailbreaks were created.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    I kind of agree with this. It would however, mean that I would have to jailbreak all of my friends iPhones for every firmware. I have to say that I really don't miss that part of it before the Point&Click jailbreaks were created.
    I still have a few friends that would rather me do it than do it themselves. Granted, I delete all of the foreign *.lprojs and the unnecessary launch daemons as well as whatever tweaks they'd prefer. I just require being taken out for a steak or sushi dinner on them as payment.

Jailbreak is free, your services don't need to be!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mortopher For This Useful Post:

CaptainChaos (05-23-2010)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Having both a nexus and a 3GS, I for one would love having both OS's on my 3GS. Best of both worlds, good hardware with excellent OS's. It wouldn't surprise me if google has already ported android to the 3gs, they'll never release it of course.
    Last edited by Cokeman; 05-23-2010 at 07:23 PM.

Thanks

Is it possible that Apple could put a lock down on a dual boot. I seriously doubt Mr. Steve will be happy with this.

oo3
    Thanks

Dunno why people are complaining about this so much. I think this is awesome....

No one complains about dual booting OSX and Windows on a Mac...

No one complains when someone makes a hackint0sh.

Having two of the best mobile OS' on the same phone would be so cool.

Banned
    Thanks
    I didnt know wang was part of the jb community, um lets see, maybe because i dont care much for jailbreaking. I dont use the beloved sb settings, i dont theme my phone, etc. Why? Because if its not by Apple than i know it will be buggy, and yes i know all software is buggy. But if its official from apple or approved by them then its welcomed.

I am on this forum cuz its fun to read about the new developments, leaks, rumors, etc.

So screw all of u haters. I still think its stupid to boot android on the iphone and think otherwise of booting ipos on the nexus one because the nexus one is superior hardware wise to the iphone, so it makes sense.

I am george lopez, and what i say is what goes.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by George Lopez View Post

If you don't like jailbreaking or ANYTHING that has to do with it, including this story, please keep your opinions to yourself because this is the LAST place on the Internet where such opinions will be taken into consideration, let alone valued. If you want news on leaks, there are a bunch of other sites like MacRumors, Patently Apple, and TUAW that might be more up your alley (and away from OURS).

Green Apple
    Thanks

The guy is a genius I can appreciate what he did, was kinda interesting I watched most of it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I am absolutely possitive this guy must be a genius. But come on, this is not somebody booting osx on a superior machine than anything apple sells. This is android on a friggin iphone! Get out of here!

The iPhone is made for iphone os, period! U want android, get a droid or a nexus. Now booting the iphone os on the nexus one would be something special.

And yes, this guy is a developer, and should use his time wisely, maybe in contributing in the jailbreak community.
    Do you even realize who this is?

Thanks

I didnt know wang was part of the jb community, um lets see, maybe because i dont care much for jailbreaking. I dont use the beloved sb settings, i dont theme my phone, etc. Why? Because if its not by Apple than i know it will be buggy, and yes i know all software is buggy. But if its official from apple or approved by them then its welcomed.

I am on this forum cuz its fun to read about the new developments, leaks, rumors, etc.

So screw all of u haters. I still think its stupid to boot android on the iphone and think otherwise of booting ipos on the nexus one because the nexus one is superior hardware wise to the iphone, so it makes sense.

I will give you the better hardware part(except for having to use a removable sd card.How primitive is that?). We will have to see what the 4G comes with

Banned
    Thanks
    Shut up!

Thanks

Behave.

Thanks

Someone needs to be banned - from the Internet.

Green Apple
    Thanks

George Lopez: You need to redirect some of that anger to others.

10. If you want a search engine, use Yahoo. How stupid of Google to build one.
    9. If you want a office suite, use MS office. How stupid of apple to make one.
    8. If you want apps on your iPhone, you jailbreak. How stupid of Apple to make the app store.
    7. If you want to send a package, use USPS. How stupid of UPS/FedEX to send packages too.
    6. If you want light, use a candle. How stupid of Thomas Edison to make a light bulb.
    5. If you want to rent a movie, go to Blockbuster. How stupid of Netflix to start business.
    4. If you want a intermittent windshield wiper, turn it on and off by hand. How stupid of Robert Kearns to make it automatic.
    3. If you want to stick a note to your door, use tape. How stupid of 3M to make the Post-it.
    2. If you want to eat a hamburger, go to McDonalds. How stupid of your mom to try and cook one.

1. If you want multi-touch, call Tony Stark. How stupid of anyone else to try and make a go at it.

Thanks

To whom corrected medid I forget to mention ?I am also retarded

17. The Following User Says Thank You to nickkrd For This Useful Post:

mortopher (05-24-2010)

Thanks

This guys awesome for me the point of this is one can use the iPhone os as well as android without carrying two devices.

Thanks
    Um lefti, that list is pretty stupid.

And who the heck robert kearns?? Pfff its funny you would know something like that.

If you want a burrito, eat a tortilla wrap, how stupid of you to eat at taco bell.

Im sure u think taco bell is mexican.

Estos perros ya me estan enfadando. Jodanse putos!!
    Your retarded.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nickaroni22 View Post
    Is it possible that Apple could put a lock down on a dual boot. I seriously doubt Mr. Steve will be happy with this.
    he is probably running it himself

Um lefti, that list is pretty stupid.

And who the heck robert kearns?? Pfff its funny you would know something like that.

If you want a burrito, eat a tortilla wrap, how stupid of you to eat at taco bell.

Im sure u think taco bell is mexican.

Estos perros ya me estan enfadando. Jodanse putos!!
    no need to swear.
    also that list was pretty good. not knowing who Robert Kearns shows your inablilty to use a search engine. besides, knowledge is not funny but essential.
    you might want to try it.
    and PLEASE stop annoying all the MMi members/mods who contribute to this site properly.
    Last edited by extremzocker; 05-24-2010 at 06:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Any timeframe on the 3GS?

Banned
    Thanks
    @applekid

*you're

the rest of you - shut up!