Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Verizon Testing Simultaneous iPhone Voice/Data?

It's just the obvious work-around... use the data channel for a VoIP-style back-end. Considering the limited 3G bandwidth, it isn't much of a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Doran View Post
    "News that the carrier is testing a way for iPhones to run simultaneous voice and data."

Now how are they testing the iPhone on their network if there is no CDMA iPhone to be testing it with????
    I know that was also what I was thinking. I hate how websites sometimes make up stories just to receive popularity on a basis that something might or might not happen. How are they testing CDMA iPhones? Apple wont just give Verizon an iPhone when they cant even do the basic iphone functionality talk and surf the web at the same time. After all the advertising they did for that they wont give it away for Verizon

Quote Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
    It's just the obvious work-around... use the data channel for a VoIP-style back-end. Considering the limited 3G bandwidth, it isn't much of a solution.
    That is actually more work than you think. And would make it all data which wouldnt work since verizon dosent have the fastest 3g everywhere
    Last edited by iphone?3gs; 05-19-2010 at 11:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

verizon currently uses rev a. Rev A only allows it to make calls or data, not at the same time. However, Rev B is what brazil uses for their cdma network supports both voice and data at the same time. In order for verizon to use both voice and data at the same time they would have to upgrade their entire network to rev b.

iPhone? More like MyPhone FURBY8704's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RonHC View Post
    i stopped reading after "random rumor"
    best first post ever! lmao

iPHONE 3G FW 4.0 JB & iPHONE 4 4.0 READY TO BE JB=]

Thanks

Yawn!

Thanks

I'm getting fed up with the same ol' verizon rumors. Give them a CDMA iPhone so all those crybabies can switch back to their beloved network while we stick with AT&T's superior network. They'll get the hint sooner or later & come crawling back.

These rumors and leaks are making the wait till WWDC absolutely unbearable. I always thought that if the iPhone came to Verizon, it wouldn’t be able to do simultaneous voice and data. There is a possibility that this could be true but at the same time, why would Apple make a special phone for just one carrier?

Ultra Cleanse Pro
    Last edited by opalwynell; 05-29-2010 at 06:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by opalwynell View Post
    These rumors and leaks are making the wait till WWDC absolutely unbearable. I always thought that if the iPhone came to Verizon, it wouldn’t be able to do simultaneous voice and data. There is a possibility that this could be true but at the same time, why would Apple make a special phone for just one carrier?
    for thousands of new iphones on the market, which means apple gets the money for the phones, then for the apps bought for those phones, and then not to mention the upgrades for when the new iphones come out. That's alot of miney the can get just for releasing a cdma version for one carrier, and who says just verizon would get a cdma iphone, what about other countries that use cdma? We aren't the only ones (i don't think. could be wrong)

Quote Originally Posted by lerrysan View Post
    I'd love to see the iPhone go to Verizon. That way I can stay with AT&T and have lesser dropped calls and maybe cheaper bills due to the fight between both carriers!!!!
    that wont happen. look at what happened here in the uk, three carriers are offering the iPhone and plans cost dont differ much.
    also apple has a set price that needs to be reached.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Doran's Avatar
    Thanks

I do remember when the 1st gen iPhone came out with edge only, you couldn't talk and surf at the same time. That kinda ticked me off cuz I could do that on my Motorola V9. I thought my wife was crazy for wanting one, but when I got it for her and played with it, I dropped Motorola and went with iPhone and never looked back.....

Why would apple order 10 million CDMA units
    Report: Apple Orders 10 Million CDMA iPhones
    if there was not already a deal cut?
    One of these articles must be false, probably both.

What's Jailbreak? manofcolombia's Avatar
    Thanks
    awesome cuz fr real AT&T sux cuz th signals horrible EVERYWHERE

Quote Originally Posted by manofcolombia View Post
    awesome cuz fr real AT&T sux cuz th signals horrible EVERYWHERE
    Why make a blanket statement like that? Have you actually been everywhere? I highly doubt it.

AT&T isn't the greatest in my area but it is better than the other options within my calling area. Also AT&T actually works well for some people in certain parts of the US. They just don't b**ch and moan (aloud) like people that tend to b**ch and moan when a service they pay for isn't worth the cost to them.

EDIT: Basically you hear most from the people whose service is bad and you rarely hear from people where the service excels mainly because they have nothing to complain about. Get it?
    Last edited by southfrisco; 05-20-2010 at 08:39 AM.
    "To unpathed waters, undreamed shores." -- William Shakespeare

Ya right. If the iPhone came to Verizon, everyone from AT&T would switch.

Why put the jesus phone on an old network?

Quote Originally Posted by bob of boise View Post
    ya right. If the iphone came to verizon, everyone from at&t would switch.
    speak for your self,i never had a problem with at&t yet.
    Last edited by zozodouce; 05-20-2010 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default 4real man
    i could see the good and bad of this.
    good would be less ppl b itchn about att cause they prob switch and give us all better service.. bad would be more ppl b itching about how there service sucks now with verizn cause of the iphone and how much it pulls. that and i could give my friends crap cause ther carrier soent have iphone.lol but i had att since
    they was cincular and i have never had issues with service or customer service... ya i dont have 3g yet but everywhere around me does. most of my family has verizn and they have had tons of issues with them. but i can say that there service is getting better around here but really isnt all of them.. i work for worlds leader in towers and theres alot of work that goes into a site b4 its even aproved to be built. i talk to most of the customers when they have cpu's and 99.9% of them are doing sites for att... but sales are down big time compaired to last few years. all the carriers are only doing the must do stuff really.

so honestly lets all stop b itching about att service because there way overloaded and sayn verizon is soooo much better...
    if verizon gets iphone great for them i will be the first to had out the cheese for all the ppl that wine about there service with it.
    just my 2cents

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

What if they're talking about Rumor Willis?

A rumor is bad enough, but a "random rumor", come on!

Booyah!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone ro0oney's Avatar
    Thanks

i think one reason apple changed their iphone carrier from AT&T to verizon is that verizon has a better 4g network and more coverage.
    i heard that the new iphone wont have a place to put the SIM card in, which will leave others with different phone carriers hanging, and no more unlocks! is that true?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast