+ Reply
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 266

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: PwnTunes

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
No sorry...no xBox here! Originally Posted by reanimationxp lol, seriously? Have a look at when I joined, and my other hundred+ posts on the site. i'm just excited about this
...
  1. #41
    iPhone? More like MyPhone ugshotgun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Franklin Louisiana
    Posts
    237
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 22 Times in 21 Posts

    No sorry...no xBox here!

    Quote Originally Posted by reanimationxp View Post
    lol, seriously? Have a look at when I joined, and my other hundred+ posts on the site. i'm just excited about this because I've been waiting for this capability from day one on my iPhone. I don't know about the rest of you, but lots of us Windows users will gladly paid the price of a lunch or two to rid ourselves of iTunes hell.

    Good point that I didn't mention the price. Adding that too.

    Amen!! I would have paid double the price to rid myself of that terribly slow syncing time with iTunes! It was also so nice to be able to cut and then paste my camera roll from the iphone to the pc!!!
    Last edited by ugshotgun; 05-19-2010 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Main Phone: HTC ONE & Note 2 - Work: iPhone 4s - Tablet: iPad 2, The best of both worlds!

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to ugshotgun For This Useful Post:

    Amraam (05-20-2010)

  3. #42
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Wait, why does everyone hate iTunes so much?
    Aside from being a bit slow on startup and connection to iphone, it works kinda as I need it
    And if I need a file or two, SSH works just fine for free
    Am I missing something?

  4. #43
    iPhone? More like MyPhone ugshotgun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Franklin Louisiana
    Posts
    237
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 22 Times in 21 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    I don't get that impression at all, especially when the person writing it has to contact the developer for clarification (wouldn't he already know?). (edit: you know what, reading over what reanimationxp wrote... he's a little TOO on the inside when it comes to this program. Could be viral marketing, sure.)

    The thing that gets me is when he said, "the latest in what is sure to become yet another staple app of jailbreakers everywhere."

    I doubt that VERY much, considering this app/ mod is USD $10. Maybe there's a Senator's son out there that can afford such a "luxury" app, but the common jailbreaker will just keep using iTunes. You know, the FREE iTunes...
    People who complain about the costs of these apps, that developers spent HOURS on end to create...really annoy me!

    They/You spend anywhere from 150.00 to 500.00 for an ipod/iphone, but yet whine about a 13.00 app....geeze! Perhaps you/they should get an after school job and make some money and stop whining...ergggg!!!!

    Sorry guys, had to get that off my chest!

    Chris
    Main Phone: HTC ONE & Note 2 - Work: iPhone 4s - Tablet: iPad 2, The best of both worlds!

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to ugshotgun For This Useful Post:

    Amraam (05-20-2010)

  6. #44
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    697
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 61 Times in 44 Posts

    Plug in? How about a WMA plugin that works like a video frameserver? Video frameservers allow a video editing program to edit an unsupported format by creating a 0 or 1KB file that appears to be an uncompressed AVI while an interim program serves the decoded frames. Something similar could allow the iPhone to support WMA and subscription music (well, after decrypting the Janus-protected WMA files).

  7. #45
    Green Apple MrBucket101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    83
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    app works great, worth every penny


    my only complaint...if you plug your phone in, then unplug it, then plug it back in...pwntunes asks you to respring your phone...not sure why, its very annoying.

  8. #46
    Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Earth.
    Posts
    2,370
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 463 Times in 270 Posts

    People complaining about $13 just remind me of how many kids post here.

    I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

  9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Happy Noodle Boy For This Useful Post:

    Amraam (05-20-2010), CaptainChaos (05-19-2010), jayfrost (05-20-2010), Pistol1 (05-20-2010)

  10. #47
    Livin the iPhone Life exNavy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,029
    Thanks
    56
    Thanked 162 Times in 121 Posts

    Why pay money for something you can do for free? Yawn.

  11. #48
    Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    4,823
    Thanks
    551
    Thanked 515 Times in 427 Posts

    I don't see the draw here. You still have to sync with iTunes for contacts, videos, photos, etc right?

  12. #49
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Toronto, ON,CA
    Posts
    18
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    your paying for the express and able to put files into your ipod/phone.

  13. #50
    iPhoneaholic reanimationxp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    355
    Thanks
    313
    Thanked 62 Times in 39 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
    Plug in? How about a WMA plugin that works like a video frameserver? Video frameservers allow a video editing program to edit an unsupported format by creating a 0 or 1KB file that appears to be an uncompressed AVI while an interim program serves the decoded frames. [blah blah]
    What the hell are you talking about and how is that relevant? Quit hijacking.

    Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    Why pay money for something you can do for free? Yawn.
    And how, pray tell, do you import music you SSH to your phone into the iPod app for free? Pirating MewSeek Pro does not count.

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    I don't see the draw here. You still have to sync with iTunes for contacts, videos, photos, etc right?
    For contacts, and to sync things like song ratings, yes, but Videos, Photos, and Music, no. We now have the ability to two-way copy (in a friendly and quick manner) for all 3 of those without iTunes. This has not been done before.
    Last edited by reanimationxp; 05-20-2010 at 12:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Anybody want a 32GB Mint Condition Black JB Unlocked 3GS? PM me with offers.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to reanimationxp For This Useful Post:

    CaptainChaos (05-20-2010)

  15. #51
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Just one question...in relation to the "using the iPhone as a USB stick drive" feature, does the app essentially open up the iphone to being read on your computer as a disk image, or does it simply allow drag and drop access to one specific folder?

    Essentially, I want to perform a data recovery scan on my iphone for files which were downloaded to my phone through safari, and subsequently deleted using ifile, but i cannot currently do this, because the phone cannot be read as a disk image by my data recovery software. Will this now be possible, or will the scan be limited to the single folder created by the app?

  16. #52
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    163
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by reanimationxp View Post
    And how, pray tell, do you import music you SSH to your phone into the iPod app for free? Pirating MewSeek Pro does not count.
    you cant pirate mewseek pro, its free
    but your limited to 10 imports unless you buy it (has not been cracked yet, doubt it will ever be)


    Quote Originally Posted by riizch View Post
    Just one question...in relation to the "using the iPhone as a USB stick drive" feature, does the app essentially open up the iphone to being read on your computer as a disk image, or does it simply allow drag and drop access to one specific folder?

    Essentially, I want to perform a data recovery scan on my iphone for files which were downloaded to my phone through safari, and subsequently deleted using ifile, but i cannot currently do this, because the phone cannot be read as a disk image by my data recovery software. Will this now be possible, or will the scan be limited to the single folder created by the app?
    it turns your iPhone into a USB. all directorys are accessible, just like in iFile
    but i dont own it so i cant really 100% that for you
    Last edited by lfc_; 05-20-2010 at 01:20 AM.

  17. #53
    Green Apple MrBucket101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    83
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by lfc_ View Post
    it turns your iPhone into a USB. all directorys are accessible, just like in iFile
    but i dont own it so i cant really 100% that for you
    it only provides access to your /var/mobile/Library/Downloads/, your iTunes music folder, and it creates a new folder called My Music for drag and drop importing. theres also a misc folder but it just provides info on how to get it to work with winXP

  18. #54
    iPhoneaholic Amraam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    439
    Thanks
    134
    Thanked 27 Times in 24 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ugshotgun View Post
    No sorry...no xBox here!
    It was also so nice to be able to cut and then paste my camera roll from the iphone to the pc!!!
    I've always been able to access the DCIM folder on my iPhone? I can't be sure if I could when it wasn't jailbroken, but it's always been there before installed pwnTunes.

    Is there something that enables this when jailbreaking, or is it always an option? I use Windows7 Ultimate x64.

    Regarding my last post, I resprung my phone and it started to work fine. Also, I noticed that dragging folders seems to work too

    Anyone else having compatability issues with it and music controls? When I open up the iPod app, music controls now pops up saying it's checking for compatability...
    Last edited by Amraam; 05-20-2010 at 03:11 AM.

  19. #55
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Thanks for the info, guys. I think I'd get this if it does enable playback through the 360/PS3, hoping that i could recover my files using it too, but otherwise, i think i'd just stick to itunes. i rarely use it anyway because i use spotify 90% of the time instead

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to riizch For This Useful Post:

    Amraam (05-20-2010)

  21. #56
    iPhoneaholic Amraam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    439
    Thanks
    134
    Thanked 27 Times in 24 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by riizch View Post
    Thanks for the info, guys. I think I'd get this if it does enable playback through the 360/PS3, hoping that i could recover my files using it too, but otherwise, i think i'd just stick to itunes. i rarely use it anyway because i use spotify 90% of the time instead
    How is the spotify iPhone app/experience? I've been tempted to go for the premium version as I use the free version at home a lot.

  22. #57
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    181
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 34 Times in 27 Posts

    seriously i though we all jailbroke to get FREE apps and get away from all this PAID BS, now your going to swap itunes for pwntunes pay 13 dollars, which is crazy considering games like real racing are 9.99$ and take 10 times as long to develop.....

    sorry but i didnt jailbreak my phone to PAY more money for something i can do for free already, and this is for xp users, they might buy it they are not as smart as the mac users on here.... maybe your itunes runs like crap cause your running windows, i run it on my mac and i have no delays or waiting

  23. #58
    What's Jailbreak? manofcolombia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    virginia beach
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    nah pwn tunes
    wat they really need to do is come out wit a update fr dtunes cuz dat waaaayyy better

  24. #59
    iPhoneaholic Amraam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    439
    Thanks
    134
    Thanked 27 Times in 24 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by cadsii View Post
    seriously i though we all jailbroke to get FREE apps and get away from all this PAID BS, now your going to swap itunes for pwntunes pay 13 dollars, which is crazy considering games like real racing are 9.99$ and take 10 times as long to develop.....

    sorry but i didnt jailbreak my phone to PAY more money for something i can do for free already, and this is for xp users, they might buy it they are not as smart as the mac users on here.... maybe your itunes runs like crap cause your running windows, i run it on my mac and i have no delays or waiting
    Don't buy it then lol. I bought it mainly to try it out and it looks good. Say I have a CD at work I like, I would have to take it home, rip it and sync. Now I simply rip the CD at work and copy and paste it to my iPhone. I will easily use it as a portable HDD now, probably every day.

    I'll let that Windows dig slide, I can't even be arsed to get into yet another OSX vs Windows argument...

  25. #60
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    181
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 34 Times in 27 Posts

    yea prob will take over the thread lets end winvsosx here

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts