+ Reply
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PwnTunes

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by saunupe1911 Heck, has anyone downloaded the app at all? Will be testing for you guys once I get home.. give me an hour. You're welcome
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by saunupe1911 View Post
    Heck, has anyone downloaded the app at all?
    Will be testing for you guys once I get home.. give me an hour. You're welcome
    Anybody want a 32GB Mint Condition Black JB Unlocked 3GS? PM me with offers.

Green Apple
    Thanks

have a look in here.. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WpPrKuUghw]YouTube - Introducing PwnTunes[/ame]
    no spam

Thanks

i was trying to find a way to do this in iFile, looks like i dont have to
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

It works on consoles possibly but not a mac ROFL. "It just works ehh?" Apple's restrictive ways kicking you in the *** again?

...Awaiting fanboi barrage.

Thanks

dosen't work on apples? lol

Thanks

Awesome just bought it!

Not having much luck getting music to show in the music app however I drag 12 MP3s into the My Music folder, I go to the iPod app, it does it's import thingy but the songs are not there?

Any ideas?

Couple of questions:

1) When I go into the iTunes Music folder, only some show the correct names - most still just say AABC.mp3 etc, even if left for a few mins. Any ideas why?

2) In the future, will it be possible to have music that has been manually copied to the phone synced back to iTunes? Furthermore, say I copy a song to my phone via this new drag and drop. I go home, copy it back onto my PC, add it to my iPhone playlist. Will that song duplicate, or will iTunes see the song already there?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Amraam; 05-19-2010 at 04:39 PM.

Thanks
    Why dont you say who the developer is...?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Amraam View Post
    Awesome just bought it!

Not having much luck getting music to show in the music app however I drag 12 MP3s into the My Music folder, I go to the iPod app, it does it's import thingy but the songs are not there?

Any ideas?

Couple of questions:

1) When I go into the iTunes Music folder, only some show the correct names - most still just say AABC.mp3 etc, even if left for a few mins. Any ideas why?

2) In the future, will it be possible to have music that has been manually copied to the phone synced back to iTunes? Furthermore, say I copy a song to my phone via this new drag and drop. I go home, copy it back onto my PC, add it to my iPhone playlist. Will that song duplicate, or will iTunes see the song already there?

Thanks!
    1) It needs to load ID3 tags from all of the files, and this is likely done on the iPod itself, via the slow CPU. Give it time.

2) Very unlikely. It's hard to even modify the iTunes Library at all, as it's a proprietary binary format that changes from time to time. A solution would have to be constantly updated, cat-and-mouse style.

I can confirm that it works perfectly on my machine. It's even smart enough to kill the iPod app anytime files in My Music are modified. Thus, if you delete or add songs, they will be imported (or removed) on next launch. Another bonus I didn't mention: It maps the Downloads folder as well. This will help access music downloaded with other apps like MewSeek and MusicMeow, as well as provide an easy way to transfer IPA's straight into a certain Installer
    Last edited by reanimationxp; 05-19-2010 at 04:58 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Amraam View Post
    Awesome just bought it!

Any ideas?

Couple of questions:

Thanks!
    try respring it or reboot your device..
    no spam

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frozenra1n View Post
    Why dont you say who the developer is...?
    Wasn't readily viewable anywhere. Added to article. The developer is SpiritOfLogic, who also developed a little app you might have heard of called iRealSMS

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So does this mean I can plug my iPhone to any computers and drag music into it?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Best this kills the wifi sync sells

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RJIZZY View Post
    So does this mean I can plug my iPhone to any computers and drag music into it?
    Yes, unless it's a Mac. Try reading the article next time.

Some quirks I've noticed:
    • When adding or deleting music, the iPod app exits. (This is necessary for how it functions)
    • The files you are adding via drag-and-drop MUST have ID3 tags. If they do not, they are skipped.
      Windows itself has a mechanism for quickly adding ID3 tags to files that are missing them. This must be done when files are on the COMPUTER. ID3 tags cannot be edited once they're on the phone. Right-click the problem file, select Properties, and go to the Details Tab. At least "Contributing Artists" and "Song Title" must be present here for the import to work. Note that "Contributing Artists" is equivalent to the "Artist" field on the iPod. Filling in just "Artist" via Windows will not work.
      To mass-view (and maybe mass-edit), you can enable the Contributing Artists and Song Title columns under Windows' Details view.
    • Files cannot be renamed, nor can ID3 tags be viewed once files are on the phone. They must be moved to the computer to be renamed or re-tagged, then moved back to the phone. Files can be deleted from the phone directly, however.
    Last edited by reanimationxp; 05-19-2010 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 1,698 Times in 839 Posts

Dude, nowhere in your article do you mention it's NOT FREE.

Thanks

i'm thinking the guy who wrote this is also the one who published the app. why is he pushing it so dang much?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,698 Times in 839 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lolcats1 View Post
    i'm thinking the guy who wrote this is also the one who published the app. why is he pushing it so dang much?
    I don't get that impression at all, especially when the person writing it has to contact the developer for clarification (wouldn't he already know?). (edit: you know what, reading over what reanimationxp wrote... he's a little TOO on the inside when it comes to this program. Could be viral marketing, sure.)

The thing that gets me is when he said, "the latest in what is sure to become yet another staple app of jailbreakers everywhere."

I doubt that VERY much, considering this app/ mod is USD $10. Maybe there's a Senator's son out there that can afford such a "luxury" app, but the common jailbreaker will just keep using iTunes. You know, the FREE iTunes...
    Last edited by Jahooba; 05-19-2010 at 06:40 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Antman217's Avatar
    Thanks

How can you edit ID3 tags on Mac without iTunes? I also want to know how to add album artwork without iTunes on Mac? And also I don't think you can update genius without iTunes so that sux. This is like using MewSeek to import song to iPod except with ID3 tags which is awesome too bad its not working well on Mac though

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lolcats1 View Post
    lol, seriously? Have a look at when I joined, and my other hundred+ posts on the site. i'm just excited about this because I've been waiting for this capability from day one on my iPhone. I don't know about the rest of you, but lots of us Windows users will gladly paid the price of a lunch or two to rid ourselves of iTunes hell.

Good point that I didn't mention the price. Adding that too.
    Last edited by reanimationxp; 05-19-2010 at 07:08 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ugshotgun's Avatar
    Thanks

I got it and ITS AWESOME!!!!!! OMG...Works flawlessly!!! Thanks thanks thanks thanks (times a million)!!
    Main Phone: HTC ONE & Note 2 - Work: iPhone 4s - Tablet: iPad 2, The best of both worlds!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ugshotgun View Post
    I got it and ITS AWESOME!!!!!! OMG...Works flawlessly!!! Thanks thanks thanks thanks (times a million)!!
    You don't happen to have a xbox 360 you could plug it into to see if it plays through the USB?