Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone OS 4.0 Beta 4 Arrives

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    ^So what's "In App SMS"??? I saw it at the keynote. Sounds like reply to a text whilst your in another app to be honest
    I would LOVE for it to mean that but I bet it just means the ability to invoke SMS from within an app. Maybe someone can creatively make a quick reply app using this API and multi-tasking.
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

how behind can a person really be haha....I must say it's fuc**^% hilarious!! I have literally stopped carrying about the stupid updates. If people really care about the updates jailbreak your phone. Last time I checked my old jailbroken iPhone had all of these things about two years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by skitomcat1 View Post
    how behind can a person really be haha....I must say it's fuc**^% hilarious!! I have literally stopped carrying about the stupid updates. If people really care about the updates jailbreak your phone. Last time I checked my old jailbroken iPhone had all of these things about two years ago.
    Well I think everyone who frequents this site is just as awesome as you are but the majority of people dont know how to or even want to jailbreak so this is great for them. You're not all that.
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

What I really think developers should but for Apps like Messenger MSN or WhatsApp are Quickreplys......
    SOmetimes you dont want to open the App and just want to perhaps do a quick reply...I think thats more cool and seeing that we now have Backgrouding..I think that this could be done..
    What you people think of something like that?

Hmmm...I don't think an App Store created quick reply would be possible even with 4.0. Remember, 4.0 does not allow full backgrounding of an app. It only lets certain parts of an app to continue running when the app is closed (and savestates the rest of the app to give the appearance of full multitasking). Also, as far as I know, Apple has not provided any way for an app to force its way into the foreground (at least not without the user first confirming via a popup). I just don't see such a function coming via the App Store. Though 4.0 might provide for a less memory-intensive implementation via Cydia...

iPhone? More like MyPhone Doran's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eyepoper View Post
    What I really think developers should but for Apps like Messenger MSN or WhatsApp are Quickreplys......
    SOmetimes you dont want to open the App and just want to perhaps do a quick reply...I think thats more cool and seeing that we now have Backgrouding..I think that this could be done..
    What you people think of something like that?
    What do you mean..... "You People"

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cerote View Post
    Do not post links to beta firmware. Infractions will be issued. It has been mentioned many times in this thread so far.
    Then do it already. I'm not trying to be an *** or anything, but I know I've read warnings about it at least thrice in this thread alone, not to mention the countless other threads I've seen it mentioned in. Those who post the links are typically not noobs or anything (otherwise, if it were that easy for noobs to find links to them there wouldn't be a need to post them in the first place) so they should be fully aware of the consequences for posting firmware links.

The only way to have missed the warnings in this post (since i think all three were in bright RED) would be to start asking questions and posting before reading through the thread. That in itself is worthy of an infraction in my book :P

I have been catching some of the posts but since we are now on day 2 of this I plan on giving infractions since it has been said to many times to count.

Now only if they added native wireless syncing with iTunes =)

+1

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

And yet you still troll and post on a Beta OS thread

i have an iphone 3g. everytime i enter settings app and go to any option, for example if i go into general and usage, then i press the home button and go back to the springboard. when i open settings app again, the page would still be at usage.

can someone test this?

That would be due to the much-touted multitasking feature implemented in 4.0. The settings app runs in the background, allowing you to immediately return to where you were in the app when you left it. Of course, one might ask why exactly the settings app needs to run in the background...

Think it's a bug. Defaults back t the main page after another app is open

Quote Originally Posted by joelchoy View Post
    i have an iphone 3g. everytime i enter settings app and go to any option, for example if i go into general and usage, then i press the home button and go back to the springboard. when i open settings app again, the page would still be at usage.

can someone test this?
    App switching ?

Thanks

4.0 is gonna be sweeeet

Thanks

There have been reports of an icon showing up in the keyboard section allowing us to finally create customized dictionaries. Has anyone else seen this or can check? I have Beta 4 installed, but I don't see the feature on my phone.
    Who died and made you king?!

Game Center Username: bllewisii

I have also heard of it but nope, nothing there for me either but there's a picture of it on gizmodo.

it's not on mine either.

But damn is it running good as of today..
    I'm a violent computer geek!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456