+ Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone OS 4.0 Beta 4 Arrives

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by Fodd1337 You click set as wallpaper like you do on 3.x and then a popup will slide from the bottom that says 'Set Home Screen' 'Set Lock
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fodd1337 View Post
    You click set as wallpaper like you do on 3.x and then a popup will slide from the bottom that says 'Set Home Screen' 'Set Lock Screen' or 'Set Both'. Simply select
    i do not have that option , just says saving photo...when i click set.. anyone else having this problem

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DanJan View Post
    i do not have that option , just says saving photo...when i click set.. anyone else having this problem
    Can you give us a screenshot to work with?
    Writer/Reporter/Graphic Designer

Thanks

only ipod 3g and iphone 3gs can have springboard wallpapers.

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

This is yet another friendly reminder that we DO NOT allow linking to pirated software on this forum.

If you are not a registered Dev with Apple, then you are pirating the Beta OS.

So do not ask for it on this forum.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Li-ion View Post
    only ipod 3g and iphone 3gs can have springboard wallpapers.
    'tis not true, and if it is, he should still be able to set his lockscreen wallpaper

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    This is yet another friendly reminder that we DO NOT allow linking to pirated software on this forum.

If you are not a registered Dev with Apple, then you are pirating the Beta OS.

So do not ask for it on this forum.

Seems odd that we cant link to it but one over our top posters uploads it to his website for all to use? Not saying anything against him being as i love all the work the guy puts into everything but just an odd crossing.
    Last edited by Ichwohneinloche; 05-18-2010 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

damn **** my 3G. is there anyway to turn it on like multitasking ? how do ya do that ****..

iPhone? More like MyPhone MacDevil7334's Avatar
    Thanks

Been using this beta for a little while now. It's pretty stable. Here are the changes I've noticed:

- The "Events" and "Faces" options have been removed from the Photos apps. Not a big loss if they don't get added back in before the final version- I doubt I would have used them much.

- The "Rotate Photo" option is still MIA in the Photos app.

- The Photos app now works in landscape.

- Speaking of landscape, the rotation lock still only locks your phone into portrait mode. (Booooo!)

Other than that, there's not much difference between this build and beta 3. I'm glad Apple seems to have such a stable product this far ahead of WWDC. I think it bodes well that we will see a public release at that time.

Thanks

I'm starting to love the new firmware! Now, if I can get a new iPod touch...
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MacDevil7334 View Post
    - The "Events" and "Faces" options have been removed from the Photos apps. Not a big loss if they don't get added back in before the final version- I doubt I would have used them much.

- Speaking of landscape, the rotation lock still only locks your phone into portrait mode. (Booooo!)
    Events and Places are still there on mine, they may have just removed them if you sync'd from a PC

Apple will probably never put landscape lock in because that would require a landscape homescreen which will automatically look terrible given the iPhone's limited screen area.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MacDevil7334 View Post
    Been using this beta for a little while now. It's pretty stable. Here are the changes I've noticed:

- The "Rotate Photo" option is still MIA in the Photos app.

- The Photos app now works in landscape.

Other than that, there's not much difference between this build and beta 3. I'm glad Apple seems to have such a stable product this far ahead of WWDC. I think it bodes well that we will see a public release at that time.
    Events and Faces shows up perfectly fine on my end.

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ichwohneinloche View Post
    Seems odd that we cant link to it but one over our top posters uploads it to his website for all to use? Not saying anything against him being as i love all the work the guy puts into everything but just an odd crossing.
    We dont own him, or his website, or care what anybody does outside this forum. We are only concerned with modmyi.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

24trepid (05-18-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

The phone will never lock in landscape mode. The lock mode is designed so that if you are lying down or something, your screen wont switch to landscape while your looking at it on your side.

iPhone? More like MyPhone MacDevil7334's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by paganizonda83 View Post
    Events and Faces shows up perfectly fine on my end.
    Ahhh! I've figured out why. I didn't have any events or faces synced. I've always used Albums to sort my photos. I just tried syncing an event from iTunes and when I checked the photo's app on my phone, there was an events tab at the bottom. Mystery solved!

In the last beta, all four options (Albums, Events, Faces, Places) showed up even if you didn't have photos synced for or more of them. Nice improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by iCory19 View Post
    The phone will never lock in landscape mode. The lock mode is designed so that if you are lying down or something, your screen wont switch to landscape while your looking at it on your side.
    It really should lock in landscape outside of the homescreen. Sometimes I want to read with the phone in landscape.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iCory19 View Post
    I've started to leave mine locked. Driving a car with a manual Transmission and texting is hard enough with out the keyboard rotating on you. Only thing is when you lock the orientation, you lock every thing. like i have a hilarious video of my dog, only its sideways because i forgot i locked it before 20 minutes before i took the video..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Updating with Windows
    Is the update still limited to Mac or have they made it possible to update on Windows?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xxxrider View Post
    Is the update still limited to Mac or have they made it possible to update on Windows?
    It was never limited to Mac.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

4.0 beta 1 was limited to mac. idk abot 2 or 3 or 4.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichwohneinloche View Post
    I've started to leave mine locked. Driving a car with a manual Transmission and texting is hard enough with out the keyboard rotating on you. Only thing is when you lock the orientation, you lock every thing. like i have a hilarious video of my dog, only its sideways because i forgot i locked it before 20 minutes before i took the video..
    Seriously, you text while driving? If so, very uncool.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Reliability! This is the most stable my iPhones been for well over a month!

Another quick comment the iPad app on my 3GS is still yielding lower then usual volumes. I bet apples next device will seem so much louder now (marketing technique?)
    Last edited by The Maestro; 05-18-2010 at 10:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost