Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 960x640 Screen, 512MB RAM in iPhone HD?

MMi Staff Writer Paul Daniel Ash's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 960x640 Screen, 512MB RAM in iPhone HD?

According to reports out today, Apple has placed a big order for next-generation iPhones that could live up to their rumored name of "iPhone HD." The sometimes-on-target-sometimes-off Taiwanese trade publication DigiTimes claims that the phone will have a 960640 touchscreen, and doubled RAM capacity to 512MB, as well as a larger battery. The report says that Foxconn, the same company which builds the current iPhone, received an order for 24 million devices to be shipped starting in June.

Ming-Chi Kuo of "DigiTimes Research" says that the high resolution screen will use in-plane switching (IPS), the same technology used in the iPad as well as the 27-inch iMac to improve the screen's visibility when viewed at an angle. The screen (reportedly from LG Display and Prime View International, the company behind E Ink "electronic paper") also features fringe-field switching (FFS) for better readability in sunlight, emphasizing Apple's new focus on its mobile devices as e-readers. The screen in supposed to be 33% thinner than existing iPhone displays, in order to make room for larger battery modules supplied by Simplo Technology and Dynapack International Technology. The teardown of the Gizmodo phone showed a battery 16% larger than the one on the iPhone 3GS.

Kuo also reports the new phone will use the same A4 system-on-a-chip, rather than the multicore Cortex A9, and that RAM will be increased to 512MB. The Gizmodo phone, by contrast, had 256MB of RAM, as did the phone revealed on a Vietnamese website last week.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Paul Daniel Ash For This Useful Post:

BillSplate (05-17-2010), reanimationxp (05-17-2010), reaves205 (05-17-2010), soderberg (05-22-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone priezti's Avatar
    Thanks

should have waited before upgrading to 3gs... doh

I cant wait I was thinking about getting a HTC HD2 but I will have a play on this first

I wish I had a miniature elephant that fit in the palm of my hand. I would pick him up and he'd lift up his trunk and stand on his back legs and say PRRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPHHHHHHHH and I would say yes little elephant i love you too.

I just put my iPhone 3GS on craigslist and will pay the difference to get the next generation iPhone. I really would like to see it record in HD.

Quote Originally Posted by priezti View Post
    should have waited before upgrading to 3gs... doh
    Dont worry about it dude. My 3GS has handled everything I have thrown at it for the past year without a problem. You will be fine.
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

Look at those iPod controls.. they're so tiny. I think I'd have to buy a mini-stylus just to push play. :[

Thanks
    Bring it on Apple!!!! I already have my 3GS sold and ready to get my hands on the next gen iPhone. I really hope that the top notch phone has the 512mb topped with 64gb of space.

Quote Originally Posted by NessLookAlike View Post
    Look at those iPod controls.. they're so tiny. I think I'd have to buy a mini-stylus just to push play. :[
    That's a simulated image. Duh. Look at the status bar compared to the image.

iPhone? More like MyPhone DarkDragonAn's Avatar
    Thanks

My 3GS screen just crack and I have no ideal how, but I guess now I a good excuse to get a new iPhone.

That's shopped picture.

iPhone? More like MyPhone priezti's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioles33 View Post
    Dont worry about it dude. My 3GS has handled everything I have thrown at it for the past year without a problem. You will be fine.
    i know im just a tech freak and like new stuff

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by priezti View Post
    i know im just a tech freak and like new stuff
    Same here!!!!!

...next-generation iPhones that could live up to their rumored name of "iPhone HD."

Since when is 960X480 considered "HD"?

Looks like a great phone, but let's not start redefining standards.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to aperry For This Useful Post:

cpkirkley (05-18-2010)

Default haha
    That isn't really the newest iphone screen. That is a image capture from one of the recent videos with a picture photoshopped onto it. Look at the very top you can see where they didn't stretch the corner enough.

I just hope the increase battery capacity is enough to offset to power this is gonna suck up.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bluprint's Avatar
    Thanks

i'll believe it when i see it - just last month everyone speculated that the ipad was going to have 4 gigs of ram and the iphone 2. Either way I'm buying the EVO, time to change it up.

All this hype and we might not see half of this, we should learn by now about iphone rumors come on guys.
    IF I HELPED PLEASE HIT THANKS

Quote Originally Posted by aperry View Post
    ...next-generation iPhones that could live up to their rumored name of "iPhone HD."

Since when is 960X480 considered "HD"?

Looks like a great phone, but let's not start redefining standards.
    Its 960 x 680

which is close enough to 720p... your eyes wouldn't even make the difference on a big screen so it's even less relevant on a 3.5 inch screen.
    I'm MYAATT DAAAMOOON!!!

this phone is going to kick ***

Quote Originally Posted by M4tt Dam0n View Post
    Its 960 x 680

which is close enough to 720p... your eyes wouldn't even make the difference on a big screen so it's even less relevant on a 3.5 inch screen.
    Play with the latest T-Mobile Sidekick for 5 minutes and tell me that again.
    Last edited by n00neimp0rtant; 05-17-2010 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast