+ Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 960x640 Screen, 512MB RAM in iPhone HD?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by Maor949 i dont think that this will be the next iphone screen size cause apple didnt changed the last 2 iphone gen. design so i think that
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Maor949 View Post
    i dont think that this will be the next iphone screen size cause apple didnt changed the last 2 iphone gen. design so i think that apple wont exceed the breakin' down..

about the RAM i dont know what to say.

cant wait.
    do you mean they wont change the screen size or you dont think they will make the screen this high of a resolution?

Thanks

Well if apple don't improve on virtually every aspect I will move to a HTC device

I wish I had a miniature elephant that fit in the palm of my hand. I would pick him up and he'd lift up his trunk and stand on his back legs and say PRRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPHHHHHHHH and I would say yes little elephant i love you too.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

yea, the hd2 looks sweet

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

If the iPad only has 256MB of RAM I find it highly unlikely that the next iPhone would have double that. They'll both be running the same OS, but the iPad has a good deal more pixels to push, so if anything you'd assume they'd have given it more RAM. Clearly they (APPLE) thought 256MB would be sufficient. Android, WinMo, and now WebOS have 512 devices because they are horribly inefficient at multitasking. Unless you close programs manually or reboot regularly you'll see the more and more RAM needed until you haven't anymore and programs run slowly and get closed. The services method employed in OS4 (iPhone) doesn't have that kind of overhead. Apps don't run in the background, only portions of apps run (like streaming music or tracking GPS data without the need to render the user interface). This approach makes a hell of a lot more sense on a mobile device than allowing everything to run willy nilly, eating up RAM like candy. Some of you might want to have apps running in the background, instead of just services, but frankly it makes no practical difference which method is employed except as it relates to performance and battery life; the user sees gets the same experience either way.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M4tt Dam0n View Post
    So you're basically ranting about a 1% pixel difference. *sigh*

Lol and Zune HD is 480 x 272 and microsoft called it HD.
    although the Zune HD screen can only support 480x272.. the device can display higher resolutions once its synced to another display screen.

Zune HD 32
    Video support
    Windows Media Video (WMV) (.wmv); Main and Simple Profile, CBR or VBR, up to 10.0 Mbps peak video bit rate; 720 pixels x 480 pixels up to 30 frames per second (or 720 pixels x 576 pixels up to 25 frames per second); Advanced profile up to L2, 1280 pixels x 720 pixels up to 30 frames per second, CBR or VBR, up to 14.0 Mbps peak video bitrate;Zune software will transcode HD WMV files above stated capabilities at device sync
    MPEG-4 (MP4/M4V) (.mp4) Part 2 video3; Simple Profile up to 4.0 Mbps peak video bit rate; 720 pixels x 480 pixels up to 30 frames per second (or 720 pixels x 576 pixels up to 25 frames per second); Zune software will transcode HD MPEG-4 files at device sync
    H.264 video3; Baseline Profile + bframes, up to 10 Mbps peak video bit rate; 720 pixels x 480 pixels up to 30 frames per second (or 720 pixels x 576 pixels up to 25 frames per second);1280 pixels x 720 pixels up to 30 frames per second, up to level 3.1 and 14.0 Mbps peak video bitrate; Zune software will transcode HD WMV files above the stated capabilities at device sync
    DVR-MS4; Zune software will transcode at time of sync

iPhone? More like MyPhone zYxMa's Avatar
    Thanks

Guys if you want to change your iPhone to HTC, pelase do so now :P

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Why's that? Should we at least wait till the iPhone is released, as tempting as it is to swap to HTC, it's so hard cos I'm used to the iPhone interface- but that could be bad thing

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cypherpunk View Post
    I just hope the increase battery capacity is enough to offset to power this is gonna suck up.
    When will people quit whining about battery-life ?

Hopefully, when they understand that the device has the processing power of a 2002 PC.

Hopefully too, when they understand that having the word "Phone" in the name doesn't mean it has the same power requirements as a $20 dumbphone.

As Scotty might have said "I cannae change the laws of physics, cap'n".

If you can't live with the battery life, devise a new battery technology or STFU already.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

have to see it to believe it. Though i will upgrade and pay the difference. Hope it lives up to all the hype.

iPhone? More like MyPhone zYxMa's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bennybenny View Post
    Why's that? Should we at least wait till the iPhone is released, as tempting as it is to swap to HTC, it's so hard cos I'm used to the iPhone interface- but that could be bad thing
    I'm just being sarcastic as I know that WM or Android or Symbian is FAAAAAAAR from iPhone OS :]

I had all devices using all systems mentioned above and I loved iPhone OS interface too, even though I was so against any phone from apple, but not anymore. Now I recommend it to all I know, but nobody seems to believe me and it is too expensive for some. The HTC Desire I'm getting from tmobile is going away via ebay straight away.

+ Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345