+ Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Cries Itself a River Over iPhone Leak

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by iLaw-One Can Apple for once just STFU???:: Serves them right that the leak happened!! They've been ripping us off for these past years by releasing crap and
    My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iLaw-One View Post
    Can Apple for once just STFU???:: Serves them right that the leak happened!! They've been ripping us off for these past years by releasing crap and leaving out the features we want the most, and each frigging time, touting their junk as 'the most advanced bulls**t!!!

I hope they suffer immense loss by no one buying their existing crap iphones until the 4G is released...::

Oh crap...they'll just overprice the 4G in order to recoup their 'presummed loss'...and guess who foots the bill?? We the consumers...

Apple should just do us all a favour and release the damn phone...my contract's already run out and I'm running out of patience with the waiting
    If you owned an actual business to make money and had trade secrets you would understand their position. Since you don't that's why you're now an angry fool who's also whining. If you can't wait 1 month than that's your problem. Just shut up and leave already.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

Everyone knows that Apple releases a new iPhone each year.... so why not hold out until the new one arrives!

"Always remember your special and unique!"

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by screamforme02 View Post
    i have been waiting for this phone since they tried to sell up the 3gs from my 3g. its been 2 years and its now an actuall up grade, bout time apple. but it may be a little to late, android is looking pretty sweet. WebOS is looking even sweeter with HP behind it now.. UHooo Apple better step up the game
    They can and will. They don't want Android to win and I think they will do what it takes to remain on top. They have no choice.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by n00neimp0rtant View Post
    So let me get this straight--Apple's upset because they couldn't screw over the last few 3G S buyers by revealing a new phone a month later?
    LOL you read my thoughts exactly! shut up apple, you're about to make a sh*t load of money anyway.

My iPhone is a Part of Me wolverinemarky's Avatar
    Thanks

there gonna whine all the way to the bank with this extra buzz watch the next iPhone not look like any of these prototypes that are leaked

Thanks

Dear Apple,
    Your a big boy, GET OVER IT!
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Green Apple
    Thanks

He wasn't "out there." That whole "A+ upgrade" business was nothing more than a "was reported as saying" kind of deal from an inside meeting.
    Yeeeeeah, except that it was an Apple town hall meeting with over 35,000 employees.

Pretty sure he knew everything he said in that meeting would be fully public.

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't really see how Apple is hurt with 3gs sales as you can still get a 3g from AT&T!

This is simply a ploy by Apple being pushed by Steve Jobs to FREE advertisement on the 4g iphone!

Would have cost Apple a ton of money for this much advertisement for there 4g iphone!

The only one I see getting hurt with the 4g iphone is AT&T if Verzion gets a contract with Apple!

Banned
    Thanks
    @bignighttrain

You're married to an iphone 3g?? Is the sex any good?

Buwahhaha never mind i need to learn how to read.... Thought u said u were married to an iphone.... Agghh double post!!
    Last edited by George Lopez; 05-17-2010 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

This article is ********. I have stock in Apple. Why should I lose money because the thieves at Gizmodo wanted to sell more ads on their ****** blog? And furthermore, I'm broke and used my left over college loan money to buy those APPL shares, so yeah, it does affect me.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by szfebje View Post
    false, every single time that there was an iPhone 4th Gen leak, iPhone leak was the number 1 trending topic on yahoo, and i'm pretty sure that it's not because of people who frequently read tech blogs
    I know it got some coverage for a day but I don't think they know any specs of the leak. They know of the leak but that is about it. Sorry but I am sure if they know anything about iPhones then they already knew another iPhone was coming in July.

I think the impact from the leaks is minimal IMO

I kinda have to agree with the guy above me, Stealth. I mean, this story had a video report on CNN. My grandpap, who doesn't know how to turn a computer on, knew about "that new iPhone."
    So your grandpap was in the market to buy a new iPhone and said wait a minute, I can have video chat in a few months? Doubt it. A lot of people saw but little cared and looked into the specs.

People who do not have an iPhone and our not into gadgets don't give a crap about 32GB of memory vs 64GB and more ram with the new iPhone.
    Last edited by StealthBravo; 05-17-2010 at 04:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

12. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

T.A. (05-18-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I do think more people know about this than just the tech geeks! My parents knew :s but in still think a co as rich as apple can afford a few month sales slump

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Again they know about a leak from a one minute spot on CNN but its very doubtful they could tell you one difference between the iPhone 4 and the iPhone 3GS. Why couldn't they?...because they don't care.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

T.A. (05-18-2010)

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

Looks like apple fail yet again...

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

It doesn't matter if people skip buying the 3GS to hold out for the 4G. They are still buying an iPhone. So it is 2 months later? The 3GS will take the spot of the 3G on the pricing list and they will still fly off of the shelves even long after the 4G is out. There will not be enough features to justify upgrading to the 4G anyways. You may as well wait for the 5G. That is how Apple works.
    Last edited by CaptainChaos; 05-17-2010 at 05:10 PM.

Thanks

Default The only person that is hurt from this leak.. IS ME!
    Now how can I flip my iPhone in anticipation of the next one, when everybody already knows it's coming!? I don't want to LOSE money on upgrading phones!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Comwiz For This Useful Post:

iBwizzle (05-18-2010)

Thanks

Apple complaining that the consumer will not buy a current phone but, instead will wait for for the new model, is puzzling. if the consumer buys a current phone or if they buy the new phone, it is still money in Apples pocket
    I have screwed up enough Motorola V series phones
    I guess I will give the ol' iphone a try

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Couldn't the leak also prevent people from going out and buying a competitors phone in order to wait and see what the new iPhone will be packing?

Thanks

I personally know 3 people who've purchased iPhones since the leak. My brother and his wife both bought a 3GS and a dude from my work got a 3G. I was able to talk my brother and his wife into returning them to ATT for a refund and just waiting till June. The guy from my work was not so smart.

Apple is so upset about the leak because they think that some people will buy an iPhone now and then turn around and buy the new iPhone when it's released in June. What they may not realize is that most people fanatic enough to pony up hundreds of dollars for 2 iPhones in less than a few months time are major iPhone fans and already privy to the fact that they're released every June. The kind of people who don't follow Apple news and would buy an iPhone now, are not the kind of people who would really care to plop down 2 or 3 hundred more dollars a few months later just to own the latest edition. Ya dig? Am I making sense?

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Cory Gillmore For This Useful Post:

Tedomcmillan (05-18-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by szfebje View Post
    it's obvious you can't see the forest past the trees..

Apple doesn't force anyone to jailbreak, just like they don't force you to purchase their products, as "crippled" as many claim iDevices are, they still sell far more than their competition, with REPEAT buyers, I highly doubt that Apple's target usergroup will discontinue using the iPhone because you can't use custom themes or listen to Pandora while browsing on Safari (even though Pandora already has the app which supports this on standby for OS 4)

The average user doesn't care about jailbreaking, they care about a seamless user experience where everything "just works" and the iPhone delivers that beautifully.

You sir need an Android.

I only wish that android was around when I bought the first iphone. I am only using it because it is what I am used to now. But like I said it wasn't about the hardware. I am a repeat buyer of iphones because I like them once they are jailbroken. I feel like if I was limited to the stock phone firmware I would be dissatisfied with my phone.

This is not about the phone hardware itself. It is more about the business ethics (or lack thereof) by apple. I truly believe they are slowing the advancement of software development and innovation by doing things the way they do.

On topic I find it hilarious that people would argue that the leak of the next phone would hurt the sales of the 3gs. For that to be true people would have to have NO clue that Apple is ALWAYS going to be working on another phone, just like they've ALWAYS been working on another ipod since it's release.

That's like saying oh man I saw a picture of a 2012 Honda Civic I should not get one of the 2011 ones because if I wait I'll get more features.

And because I didn't buy a 1TB drive for my PC last year I can get one of the nice 2TB drives for the same price...or I can wait till next year and get a 3TB, and so on...

I'm gunna leak some big time info here people. You might wanna sit down for this:

The iPhone 5g is going to be BETTER than the 4g!!!

That's called "technology" it's pretty cool how it (usually) gets better over time.
    Last edited by darkrom; 05-17-2010 at 08:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost