+ Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Cries Itself a River Over iPhone Leak

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by StealthBravo I think people who read tech blogs already were going to wait for the new iPhone. M ost people have not heard about this leak and
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    I think people who read tech blogs already were going to wait for the new iPhone. Most people have not heard about this leak and will go ahead and buy the current model.
    false, every single time that there was an iPhone 4th Gen leak, iPhone leak was the number 1 trending topic on yahoo, and i'm pretty sure that it's not because of people who frequently read tech blogs

Thanks

I think people who read tech blogs already were going to wait for the new iPhone. Most people have not heard about this leak and will go ahead and buy the current model.
    I kinda have to agree with the guy above me, Stealth. I mean, this story had a video report on CNN. My grandpap, who doesn't know how to turn a computer on, knew about "that new iPhone."

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hmmmm....

1) Steve Jobs publicly states that the next iPhone is an "A+ upgrade" (or whatever exciting marketing description he gave to get us all psyched about it)
    2) Someone finds the phone and publishes the new features.
    3) Apple complains that people don't want to buy the current phones now because the next version is too exciting.

Sorry, but if Apple is concerned about iPhone 3GS sales then I'm not sure why Steve Jobs was out there hyping the next generation iPhone long before this leak happened. This is truly ridiculous.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by darkrom View Post
    I'm gunna be blunt because most people seem to shy away from saying this so instead of biting your tongue just press thanks if you agree to this.

Apple's products are what they are and love them or hate them it's up to you. One thing is a fact. They as a business are a bunch of whiny *******. Steve jobs is an egomaniac who won't address the consumers and does everything according to "his visions". If Apple pulled its head out of its own *** for long enough to care what people want they would be a MUCH better company all around. Instead of keeping the iphone "the way steve envisions it" if they allowed themes maybe even 1% of the customer base would not jailbreak. Maybe if they allowed other simple things like backgrounding (which i use DAILY on ALL apps...once again not just the ones THEY want backgrounded) maybe another 1-2% of people wouldn't jailbreak. These 1% numbers add up. These are all people forced to jailbreak due to pathetic trivial restrictions. Now that you've FORCED us to jailbreak do you really find it shocking that people pirate apps? You brought it on yourself. You keep pushing people back and they will snap back like a rubber band in the other direction.

Apple's products are not involved in this post. The point is as a company and as people in general they are nothing but ******* who can't stop crying about everything.

I wish there was some way to show this exact post to Steve Jobs. Given a chance to talk to him directly I would gladly explain why his closed mindedness and fascist way of trying to monopolize all technology will eventually bite him in the ***. I don't care how many millions the company makes this year, Apple's business practices and closed minds ARE hurting the progression of technology.
    it's obvious you can't see the forest past the trees..

Apple doesn't force anyone to jailbreak, just like they don't force you to purchase their products, as "crippled" as many claim iDevices are, they still sell far more than their competition, with REPEAT buyers, I highly doubt that Apple's target usergroup will discontinue using the iPhone because you can't use custom themes or listen to Pandora while browsing on Safari (even though Pandora already has the app which supports this on standby for OS 4)

The average user doesn't care about jailbreaking, they care about a seamless user experience where everything "just works" and the iPhone delivers that beautifully.

You sir need an Android.

Quote Originally Posted by aperry View Post
    Hmmmm....

1) Steve Jobs publicly states that the next iPhone is an "A+ upgrade" (or whatever exciting marketing description he gave to get us all psyched about it)
    2) Someone finds the phone and publishes the new features.
    3) Apple complains that people don't want to buy the current phones now because the next version is too exciting.

Sorry, but if Apple is concerned about iPhone 3GS sales then I'm not sure why Steve Jobs was out there hyping the next generation iPhone long before this leak happened. This is truly ridiculous.
    Ummm, he was referring to the next software update, hence it being the iPhone OS4 event, not the "iPhone HD4Gwtfbbq 4GS", he never once mentioned anything about a release date of a new phone nor did he once acknowledge that one even existed in the first place... try again.
    Last edited by szfebje; 05-17-2010 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. The Following User Says Thank You to szfebje For This Useful Post:

tecpunk64 (05-18-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aperry View Post
    I'm not sure why Steve Jobs was out there hyping the next generation iPhone long before this leak happened. This is truly ridiculous.
    He wasn't "out there." That whole "A+ upgrade" business was nothing more than a "was reported as saying" kind of deal from an inside meeting.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I don't know how releasing pictures/video of a prototype hurts the sales of the phone, when it's released it'll still be bought by millions. It'll probably hurt their stock, but who cares about that.. lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tcunningham1589 View Post
    I don't know how releasing pictures/video of a prototype hurts the sales of the phone
    How many 3G S phones do you think they've sold in the past few weeks?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default iphone 4.0
    Quote Originally Posted by santacruzlocal View Post
    When is this story going to go away? Does anyone really care? Is this just being post because there is nothing to report?
    I agree, this story is getting really really really old. Don't know why its surfacing again. Its the media outlet, forums like this one that just does not seem to want to drop this issue.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I am sick of Apple and their whining and Nazi like posturing. I personally am going to get the HTC Evo and get rid of my iPhone early and finally say goodbye to At&t for lying to me for 5 years about 3g finally coming to my area of Orange County NY. PEACE BIOTCHES!

Thanks

Apple's keynote will be interesting... Jobs will be pissed because he cant do "One last thing" speach.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by santacruzlocal
    When is this story going to go away? Does anyone really care? Is this just being post because there is nothing to report?
    Well, it is a Messany article..

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

i have been waiting for this phone since they tried to sell up the 3gs from my 3g. its been 2 years and its now an actuall up grade, bout time apple. but it may be a little to late, android is looking pretty sweet. WebOS is looking even sweeter with HP behind it now.. UHooo Apple better step up the game
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

Green Apple
    Thanks

This leak didn't change any possibility of a new sale from me, because I have had my 3Gs since Aug 23rd, 2009. So It does make me look forward to the next one, although I will have to wait till Aug, 23rd for the fully reduced price.

Quote Originally Posted by n00neimp0rtant View Post
    How many 3G S phones do you think they've sold in the past few weeks?
    Probably a lot more since the Spirit JB came out

Besides, Apple is reeling the $$$$ on the iPad now....

Thanks

Apple is right about the sales I have an iPhone 3GS and my wife an iPhone 3G she was going to get the 3GS but after the hype about the iPhone HD she kept her 500.00$ and is waiting for the relase of the new iPhone HD this summer. I'm sure other people are doing the same as articles on MMI state.

Green Apple
    Thanks

lol they're gonna sell this phone for like 900 dollars...3gs is like 450 if you look in the right places, im sure they will make even more money from people waiting on the new phone. STOP ******** STEVE YOU ******* PUSSY!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Im glad there whining!

Thanks

=''[
    killall Terminal[]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I Wish GeoHot Would develop his own phone! THAT WOULD BE A TRUE iPhone Killer! All those in favor of GeoHot and the likes of him to get together and create some Amazing Phone Say I! At least Droid is open and I really hope for something that will kill the iPhone and make Apple humble, they are the Communist Party of Technology!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aomphantom View Post
    I Wish GeoHot Would develop his own phone! THAT WOULD BE A TRUE iPhone Killer! All those in favor of GeoHot and the likes of him to get together and create some Amazing Phone Say I! At least Droid is open and I really hope for something that will kill the iPhone and make Apple humble, they are the Communist Party of Technology!
    sigh.. and I suppose Saurik should run Apple, huh?

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reanimationxp For This Useful Post:

kingbijan (05-17-2010), n00neimp0rtant (05-17-2010)

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

Good then maybe EVERYONE will be able to upgrade through At&t when it is released...

"Always remember your special and unique!"