Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T Ramping Up Download Speeds

Translation:

Those of you who actually have 3G will see a moderate speed bump between the hours of 12AM and 5AM. Those of you who don't get 3G won't see any improvement in connection or speed. You will continue to get dropped calls, your VM will continue to not function correctly, your texts will continue to not go through in a timely manner, and we'll continue to make up excuses and blame atmoshperical conditions on why our network works and 50 yards later doesn't. Thanks for fixing our foul network just enough to shut up the majority of the paying public and we will continue to serve those who pay our massive salaries and we'll continue to serve major population centers as well as make up astronomical figures about spending money on our entire company rather than just our wireless section. Thanks for your money suckers. Oh and thank your Federal Government for continuing to take our bribes and funding our screwups with taxpayer money so we don't have to actually spend the money ourselves.

But.. What are the current iPhone users going to do? If they roll out with a 4G network, for will the older iPhone's adapt to it? Will we be stuck on crappy 3G speeds? or will we get the 4G connection also?
    iPhone 3G 4.2.1 - iPod touch 3G 5.0 Beta 1
    Windows 7 - OS X 10.5.6

@Nickaroni

i didnt know the stoneage had 3g coverage. Its 2010 and still have 3g?? Damn! What happened to evolution?

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't think my Wifi even hits 2mbps, and that feels fast to me. If it turns out to be half what they claim, I'll be thrilled.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDiddler View Post
    I don't think my Wifi even hits 2mbps, and that feels fast to me. If it turns out to be half what they claim, I'll be thrilled.
    I couldn't agree more. My wifi is 3mb and I love using my iPhone at those speeds.
    3G isn't in my area so I'm stuck on a lousy EDGE network. AT&T claiming to cover 250 million people by the end of the year. For that to happen, they will have to have it just about everywhere they provide service. Which means a lot of upgrading. I so hope it's true, but seeing is believing.
    If I can't mod it...I don't want it.

Personally, IMO I don't think AT&T can handle those speeds when inputted because they have a hard time already with overloading their network, thus putting the past shortages / problems into the upcoming future.

at&t's last plea to apple to stay as the only iphone carrier
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

You people are busters!!!

MMI's Official Devil Dog santacruzlocal's Avatar
    Thanks

Why don't they start by getting 3G in all areas first

10. The Following User Says Thank You to santacruzlocal For This Useful Post:

area51crypto (05-16-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by santacruzlocal View Post
    Why don't they start by getting 3G in all areas first
    Amen Bro or Sis

They need to concentrate on 3g first and then going for more speed then 4g, but 3g everywhere FIRST

For those of us who don't live in or around a big metropolatin area of a big city we don't enjoy 3g, its 20 miles from me!

3g First AT&T

And for the person or persons that don't like Verzion you need to try AT&T first!

Quote Originally Posted by xXrkidXx View Post
    But.. What are the current iPhone users going to do? If they roll out with a 4G network, for will the older iPhone's adapt to it? Will we be stuck on crappy 3G speeds? or will we get the 4G connection also?
    You will definitely not going to get 4G LTE on current iphone(s) as hardware does not support it.

i wonder when Verizon will get their LTE network up and running.

Verizon for the win att sucks they have s*** coverage and s*** service verizon is much faster n much more reliable go ef ur self att

verizon sucks and mostly every knows it
    Last edited by iphonerookie; 05-16-2010 at 10:01 PM.
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=9577588
    Precious Metals: Gold & Platinum Now Available on Cydia & Rock! Download now!
    PM me for additional details or look on page 346 post #5185

Precious Metal Glyph Icon PSDs (Click to Download)

Makes me wonder, the people complaining about getting 3G but saying they get 2-3 mb for wifi? Sounds like you're just out in the middle of no where. In my area people are getting 10 mb for wifi. I chose a cheap package so I get 1.5 mb and my 3G is 2-3 mb.

Verizon Fan boy's go
    They get the new 4G and faster than Us mannnnn... ;(
    at&t fan boy's go
    Suck on dat hahahahah eat it verison

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    those download speeds are legit! luckily i have coverage everywhere i go on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    I guess I'll have to come to the defense of Verizon:

At least we can actually connect to our network. Oh snap! Fast speeds don't mean much where there's no coverage.

How fast is Verizon's downloads by comparison?
    see i hear this comment all the time, honestly i dont care if some areas dont have coverage. get over it thats part of how the world works. Take Verizon for example, Fios, their MAIN Selling point for their TV package is available in only a few locations, how is that any different??

i have 3G from AT&T in my area, and its God F%cking AWESOME! Faster speeds are only icing on the cake.

also for those of you who dont have great coverage, would you rather get full coverage put pay alot more than other users? no obviously not, thats because your area isnt economical or productive for the company to bust its *** for a region that has 5k users as opposed to NYC,LA,Seattle places that have 100 times that.

youll get it eventually but for now, id advice you to get your information straight you commercial watching sheep, dont trust everything you see coming from a company, most of the time they are stretching or manipulating the truth.

Thanks

Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by iphone925 View Post
    This will be good i hope they give some upload speeds with that as well at least 1mb if not a lot
    If you have the iPhone 3G or 3Gs, your uploads will never be faster than 384k.. This is because of the GSM chip that Apple uses. The iPhone HD should have a newer chip that will support faster upload speeds. Uploads are one area where a data card will be better than tethering with a iphone.

So Nothing AT&T can do to make uploads any faster on the 3G or 3Gs.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast