+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Report: Apple Orders 10 Million CDMA iPhones

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
This is gonna suck if it goes to verizon they would have complete control over the iphone with the CDMA network.Maybe if they were GSM it wouldn't be so bad
    iPhone? More like MyPhone dman112's Avatar
    Thanks

This is gonna suck if it goes to verizon they would have complete control over the iphone with the CDMA network.Maybe if they were GSM it wouldn't be so bad but the main reason verizon sucks is there is no sim card ability.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
    It could be that Sprint is willing to pay anything, ANYTHING, to remain relevant. It's always possible that a CDMA iPhone would go to Sprint instead, right?
    Sprint doesn't have enough subscribers to generate the sales Apple is interested in. So as far as CDMA carriers go, its Verizon or nothing. My money is on nothing until 2012.

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

Does anybody else loathe the Verizon guy?

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

So why would verizon order a bunch of phones that will not work on their next network by the time that the AT&T deal is over? I believe Sprint is the intended recipient IF and it is a big IF this story isn't one huge farce.

MMI's Official Devil Dog santacruzlocal's Avatar
    Thanks

That would be awesome, Then I can get an iPhone for work ... Finally

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Darkflame View Post
    Never fall for what you see in the store. They have repeaters that tie directly into their networks that make all of their phones seem amazing. Once you leave the area you get down to real world usage. That's where you can see the networks true colors.

That's why whenever you go in to have your phone checked for dropped calls they tell you everything looks fine on their end. Hehehe
    i figured something of this sort, but my friends have verizon and there phones are pretty fast. i dont know, might just be my area, att isnt the greatest around me but i wanted an iphone.

and no, it wasnt on wifi, it was on 3g. i know how to work and comprehend a phone

Green Apple
    Thanks

Seems too strange to be real. Has any other manufacture ever released a specific phone model to two competitors at the same time before?

As much as I would like to see how iPhone will work out on VZW, I'm wondering what kind of restruction VZW will place on this. VZW has not always been the mobile phone provider to look up to until ATT had failed on their part for the iPhone.

My iPhone is a Part of Me GrandMstrBud's Avatar
    Thanks

Here we go again with another rumor. Really I could care less if it goes to Verizon but it would be awesome to see it on T-Mobile or Sprint. Verizon is just as expensive as AT&T but at least they have a bigger 3G coverage area.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If iPhone will be capable of data and voice at the same time with Verizon CDMA then im moving to them, if not im staying with AT&T and its dropped calls.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Verizon's data plans are really expensive :/ Won't be much cheaper than AT&T...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ziggie216 View Post
    Seems too strange to be real. Has any other manufacture ever released a specific phone model to two competitors at the same time before?

As much as I would like to see how iPhone will work out on VZW, I'm wondering what kind of restruction VZW will place on this. VZW has not always been the mobile phone provider to look up to until ATT had failed on their part for the iPhone.
    Palm has released the Pre and Pixi on 3 carriers now. AT&T, Verizon, & Sprint

iPhone? More like MyPhone ForumSnoBorderRK's Avatar
    Thanks

verizon is hideous. sorry, not trying to be a hater, but all of you at&t haters should understand verizon blows big ones.

to the first poster of this thread, you are out of your mind. who uses a motorola droid for phone calls, but carries an iphone for everything else? youre wasting money people wish they had to afford a cellphone (not that i have any say with how you spend your money)
    i call bull on both, that post, and this rumor.

ps: dont get me wrong. its not like at&t is really great either-- but verizon is definitely not any better, especially at the higher price you pay for their service.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Truckerbear View Post
    Its about flipping time we get a CDMA iPhone. If this actually ever happens I will drop AT&T like a bad habit. I am tired of substandard service and absurd phone bills for said substandard service. When my iPhone is connected to WIFI its the most useful phone I could have. (Skype for phone) When its connected to AT&T its sucks! I use my Motorola Droid if I want cell service almost exclusively. Lets hope this is true!

WOW first time ever that I am.. First!
    Good i hope million upon million will drop att and go with verizon, lets see how soon you would want to drop verizon after iphone users will kill the network, and by moving to verizon att will actually gain customers because system will free up and the 3g speed is much faster than verizon. so please apple get the cdma iphone so i can laugh and bet how fast it will take for verizon to be the worst cell provider in the US

Green Apple
    Thanks

1) noone knows ANY details on the contract between apple and AT&T, we can only speculate

2) people think that the ipad is a mark of a new contract with apple and AT&T

3) CDMA is outdated and restricts apple

4) Verizon has its own store, that would compete with apple

5) if AT&T loses money, they might provide less support to apple, which thus far they have shelled out quite a lot.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I will echo what others have said.... I really wish they would come out with a verizon phone. This way the posts of "will verizon get iPhone", "I hate at&t, dropped calls...", blah blah blah.

Of course those posts will be replaced with "Verizon sucks, their network drops my calls all the time" and "Why can't I call and surf at the same time"..... Of course then my speeds will pick up so no skin off my butt!

Thanks

Has anyone actually counted the number of threads where this same argument is gone over time and time again?

Could one of the mods just merge them into one gigantic thread? It would save the same arguments being repeated yet again.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Has anyone actually counted the number of threads where this same argument is gone over time and time again?

Could one of the mods just merge them into one gigantic thread? It would save the same arguments being repeated yet again.
    A merged thread would be way too big and would just collpase on itself, creating a small rumor/stupidity vortex that would consume a good portion of the internet when this summer Apple once again releases a phone just on AT&T.

Then again next year. And the year after that when they finally go carrier free and nothing changes BECAUSE IT'LL STILL BE A GSM PHONE.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Green Apple
    Thanks

is it a sign apple lack money?

Thanks

Does verizon make micro sims?

I need the verizon iphone so bad but the retarded 5 gb/month limit and slow network is really gonna piss me off when I tether to my laptop. Lookin at the bright side my dad owns 2 wireless zone verizon zone stores so I can get it w/ a demo line @ 15 bucks a month data and free voice. Plus I wont drop calls
    Last edited by SnowLeo; 05-17-2010 at 04:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

not believing it until Apple officially announces this.