Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Court Unseals Documents in Gizmodo iPhone Case

Thanks

so apple is going to go after the other people that showed the iphone 4G and the new macbook them Vietnamese guys..?
    THANK ME THANK THANK AGAIN..

this is the first real news in the case since it started
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    Yeah I too hold a grudge on the one person who actually followed THE LAW.
    Law, and in turn civilization, does not exist to stifle humanity. order held in place by fear only derides our value as a species.

if we were meant to be creatures of strict order; emotionless, stoic, then why not complete the process. go full on Orwellian. watch out, the thought police are listening.

Seriously what kind of friend rats on you for having a prototype? If his friend was really a friend, they wouldve at least thought through what they were going to do with it -_-. Like that old movie "Catch That Kid". She got her best friends to help steal money for a good cause. Instead, his friend has to go and report him, sounds pretty messed up if you get what i'm saying.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow25 View Post
    I hope Gizmodo gets charged. They knowingly purchased stolen property, released photos of a trade secret and then dissembled it. What idiots.
    I totally agree. Whether or not you are a fan of Apple's policies or procedures, the phone belongs to them. It should not have been sold or torn apart. It looks to me to be a pretty clear cut violation of the law.

Who cares????

Go read a book, watch some TV, play a game, visit some friends or family, or have a wank. All more interesting then following this "news" and speculating about boring crap.

I read this article to see how emotional people get over this, very funny, but sad too.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bluprint's Avatar
    Thanks

That's the worst case of snitching I ever heard. From a roommate and over a phone too. Wow

iPhone? More like MyPhone johnr9412's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple needs to chill out! Giz is a freaking awesome group and I don't think it's that big of a deal, but the go crazy about it for no good reason!

The roomate makes me mad too!

iPhone? More like MyPhone slap690's Avatar
    Thanks

I think it's funny that all these law abiding citizens here on this forum are so intrested in JAILBREAKING!!!!!

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by elite_jounin View Post
    No your not actually. The three things I hate in this world is a thief, lier, and SPELLING!
    Fixed

But in all seriousness, do you see the hypocrisy in your statement? You declare that you hate thieves and liars, both of which describe Hogen perfectly; yet you take issue with his roomate that turned him after potentially implicating her in the theft? Could you explain to me how 1 ("snitch") > 1 (thief) + 1 (liar)? You must have an exponential scale of hatred.

I am curious to see where spelling and grammar fall on that scale of hate!

Quote Originally Posted by slap690 View Post
    I think it's funny that all these law abiding citizens here on this forum are so intrested in JAILBREAKING!!!!!
    Your point being?

Jailbreaking is perfectly legal otherwise I would not do it.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

No it isnt buddy.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lolcats1 View Post
    No it isnt buddy.
    Care to cite anything?

Jailbreaking is not allowed or covered by Apple as far as warranty/repairs, but it isn't illegal.

Stealing a phone then selling it to the highest bidder, in California at least, IS illegal. Seriously, you find a phone in a bar, you take it to the bartender or call back to see if anyone has claimed for it. (which btw, the guy that lost it called multiple times).

This guy made no attempt to return the property he found, whether it was Apples or someone else. "Finder's keepers" is not a defense and it really saddens me that some of you are actually siding with gawker/giz/this dude. Absolutely pathetic.

Hell, just about EVERY single aspect of this case is mind-boggling. The "letter" to Apple is basically a textbook definition of extortion, every statement from the guy that "found" the phone can be used against him for a number of counts of felony. It's like they made a long list of things they could do wrong and checked every single one of them.

Then again, we're talking about Gizmodo, the same "journalists" that got kicked off CES for running around with a TV-B-Gone (universal tv off remote gadget) and turning TVs off in the middle of presentations THEN POSTING IT ON THEIR WEBSITE SAYING "HEY LOOK WHAT WE DID!"
    Last edited by Happy Noodle Boy; 05-15-2010 at 10:06 PM.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Quote Originally Posted by lolcats1 View Post
    No it isnt buddy.
    1) No one actually involved in writing JB procedures believes it is illegal. If Apple actually believed it was they would have prosecuted . They know it is not but like to spread FUD.

2) If you think it is illegal why do you do it?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Kil0111's Avatar
    Thanks

this is annoying...you ppl who wont give it a rest are annoying...just leave it alone

Removed for being inappropriate. This is your sixth and final warning -

MMI's Official Devil Dog santacruzlocal's Avatar
    Thanks

Does anyone really care?

Quote Originally Posted by shadow25 View Post
    I hope Gizmodo gets charged. They knowingly purchased stolen property, released photos of a trade secret and then dissembled it. What idiots.
    As far as I'm concerned no "trade secrets" were released here. More capacity, a higher resolution screen, a front-facing camera and a flash do not qualify as "trade secrets". Just upgrades to an already-existing device. Just because Apple goes to great lengths to keep something a secret doesn't mean the law's on their side for some indeterminate amount of damages if it gets leaked.

If this was the first iPhone to hit the market, sure.. but it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by paganizonda83 View Post
    Fixed

But in all seriousness, do you see the hypocrisy in your statement? You declare that you hate thieves and liars, both of which describe Hogen perfectly; yet you take issue with his roomate that turned him after potentially implicating her in the theft? Could you explain to me how 1 ("snitch") > 1 (thief) + 1 (liar)? You must have an exponential scale of hatred.

I am curious to see where spelling and grammar fall on that scale of hate!
    "Fixed " <--- IT WAS NEVER WRONG

BTW it's not official weather the phone was stolen, Ever heard of innocent until proven guilty? read about it! Oh yeah I see loyalty is a pet peeve of yours so I wont get in your *** about that one so ummm GOOD DAY TO YOU SIR! LMAO clown..

Thanks

why would you disassemble stolen property. (lol.) then post it online!! ha!

Gizmodo wont be online in 10 days...
    Devices donated to me
    iPhone 2G 2.2.1 JB & Unlocked (Running Android.)
    iPhone 1G 3.0 JB & Unlocked (Given bac
    Ipod touch 3G 3.1.3 JB
    HTC DROID Incredible

Devices i bought
    iPod Touch 2G 3.0 JB
    iPhone 3GS (HSPA+)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123