Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Gets ITC To Look into Kodak Patent Suit

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

Default Apple Gets ITC To Look into Kodak Patent Suit

Apple has an impressive ability to turn the tables.

Some will recall Kodak accusing Apple of violating imaging patents and rattling its saber all while generating headlines that seemingly implicated Apple of substantial wrongdoing. But in short order, Apple turned around and slapped a lawsuit of its own against Kodak. That countersuit has now been accepted for review by the US International Trade Commission.

In the lawsuit, the legal eagles in Cupertino assert that a variety of Kodak cameras expressly violate a similar assortment of patents owned by Apple. And, to be clear, Apple isn't making wild accusations without particulars. Explicitly outlined are several specific patents, like No. 6,031,934 or "Computer vision system for subject characterization." What does that mean exactly and how did Kodak violate this patent? It will likely be some time before we get any answers. Still, the ITC thinks Apple has a point. And, for the time being, that's all that seems to matter.

ITC announced three months ago, however, that would also probe Kodak's claims against Apple - claims that have been suggested to be "tenuous" by some industry analysts. Kodak is arguing that the iPhone violates a Kodak patent that's pertinent to previewing images.

Overall, the Apple brand has been bandied about the ITC a lot lately. As yours truly reported earlier this week, HTC Corp filed a patent infringement case against Apple on Wednesday. In doing so, HTC requested from the U.S. International Trade Commission an “immediate ban on U.S. sales” of iPhones, iPads and iPods. HTC's suit, however, was a legal reaction to a suit filed against it by Apple two months ago.

All told, Apple is now involved in no shortage of suits and countersuits for the ITC to sort out.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Michael Essany For This Useful Post:

reaves205 (05-14-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

They all spend more time on law suits then they do improving products

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

hahaha i am praying apple loses lolzzz they sued too many poor companies and put 100s of ppl out of job I wish apple lose the suites against all companies every one is mad with apple not just because they r famous but just because apple is ignorant and make bad comments about other companies.. (ex: one of them was flash lol) f apple in ***! n steve jobs
    No signature links or spam... only warning

Quote Originally Posted by PAKIS-RULEZ View Post
    hahaha i am praying apple loses lolzzz they sued too many poor companies and put 100s of ppl out of job I wish apple lose the suites against all companies every one is mad with apple not just because they r famous but just because apple is ignorant and make bad comments about other companies.. (ex: one of them was flash lol) f apple in ***! n steve jobs
    dude, thats how companies work, especially when they are that big.
    besides, lots of people are making cash from working in or with these lawsuits...

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

These suits have become so frequent that it's become quite boring. I can't wait til things actually play out and penalties are finally handed out, now that will be very fun to watch unfold.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by paganizonda83 View Post
    These suits have become so frequent that it's become quite boring. I can't wait til things actually play out and penalties are finally handed out, now that will be very fun to watch unfold.

lol so true man lol apple get fine of 20 billion $ dam so waiting on this one lol
    No signature links or spam... only warning

Quote Originally Posted by PAKIS-RULEZ View Post
    Not trying to be a jerk but.... .what?