Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WiFi Sync finally hits iPhone...on Cydia

Btw- do you have to be on the same wifi network as your computer or could you basically sync through the air (and jaadu or another vnc program running with sync program in the background) anywhere you have wifi. Because if this bad boy lets me sync my appstore apps while sittin in some restraunt waiting for my food that has wifi... I might just pay $100 for this app

would prefer to have a trial version first to make sure its something i actually want to spend 10 bucks on it, although it definitely sounds sweet

I'll probably buy the day that the windows version comes out, this is something that I see myself using on a daily basis.

Can anyone give an average transfer rate for like a 10MB song or anything?
    Last edited by ownerofspam; 05-13-2010 at 09:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RonHC View Post
    is it slower than having it plugged in or is it the same time length???
    If it's slower, it's not by that much at all

5. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

T.A. (05-17-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    I installed it first on my iPhone and then when I launched cydia on my iPad it showed it was already purchased and gave me an option to install.
    I purchased it for my iPhone as well, when I go into Cydia on my iPad and tap Wi-Fi Sync I get a message that it requires an iPhone/iPad, there's also a "recheck button" I'm attaching a screenshot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -photo.png  
    Jimmie Geddes, Editor

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

That's weird. Mine said install. Maybe you can force the install by going back one level and then click on the app. Before it has a chance to check, (while the loading symbol is going) keep tapping the install button.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

T.A. (05-17-2010)

Now the real question........ can you restore over wifi?

Jk

iPhone? More like MyPhone gcastro723's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ddonuts4 View Post
    $10... You know how much it would cost for a wireless usb cable?
    Wireless USB Cable huh? how's that work? didnt know they made those
    If you can see this you are one of the many people who can see this.

But it really makes you think... Do these JB devs just do this stuff as a hobby because they could easily do this professionally and make tons more than donations

People really need to learn the difference between it's and its. This is an apostrophe crazy generation of people.

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    That's weird. Mine said install. Maybe you can force the install by going back one level and then click on the app. Before it has a chance to check, (while the loading symbol is going) keep tapping the install button.
    Thanks for your suggestion, tapped the install button while loading and I got the error below.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -photo.png  
    Jimmie Geddes, Editor

Ill pay $10 if iI can charge wireless!!!, btw how the sync affect the batt?
    In Costa Rica Beaches w/ my unix box.

Thanks

sweet! cant wait for windows version
    Quote Originally Posted by ??????
    Hi. Does anyone know is iBlacklist available in the app store? can it only be purchased outside the app store? If so, is it hard to install? Thanks everyone.

regarding the transfer rate, i feel like it would all depend on the wifi network you're connected to. would it be similar to transferring via ssh or is that a totally different protocol?

also, anybody know what happens if your phone shuts off/malfunctions/etc. during a sync? any sort of safety feature to prevent problems?

Just installed this and synced. I didn't notice any big differences in speed than when connected to USB.

$10 is definitely worth it. Seriously people, a chicken nugget meal at McDonald's costs $6.89 where I live. The price tag really isn't that bad. People pay up to $30 for a fugly iPhone case.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ro0oney's Avatar
    Thanks

sweet

the mac installer fails every time i try to install it, running 10.6.3

May 14 00:31:45 MacBook installd[10442]: PackageKit: Install Failed: PKG: post-flight scripts for "com.ghughes.wifiSync.root.pkg"nError Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=112 UserInfo=0x1001436a0 "An error occurred while running scripts from the package “root.pkg”." {n NSFilePath = "./postflight";n NSLocalizedDescription = "An error occurred while running scripts from the package U201croot.pkgU201d.";n NSURL = "./Contents/Packages/root.pkg -- file://localhost/Users/andrew/Downloads/Wi-Fi%20Sync.mpkg/";n PKInstallPackageIdentifier = "com.ghughes.wifiSync.root.pkg";n}
    Last edited by halfway2anywhere; 05-13-2010 at 10:35 PM.

Thanks

I just purchased an put it on the black iphone 2G in my avatar and I will say this is an incredible achievement next to the iphone to do this sync with itunes wirelessly. INCREDIBLE
    btw It does run the battery down a bit as it does not charge no different than the remote app in the app store. I was sitting on the toilet while syncing a movie wirelessly!
    Last edited by mikerlx; 05-13-2010 at 10:47 PM.

Gonna have to buy this when more stable for the iPad. Meaning installable without iPhone. Mine is not in use for right now so only have the iPad. Gonna be wonderful being able to sync from another room.

wow this is nice but not for $10
    IF I HELPED PLEASE HIT THANKS

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast