+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is The Feud Finally Over? Adobe Says It Loves Apple!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by ClerkDante Business is really rather simple. Create a product the other simply cannot live without. It doesn't matter if they've raped your dog and kicked your sister,
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Ajblue7's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ClerkDante View Post
    Business is really rather simple. Create a product the other simply cannot live without. It doesn't matter if they've raped your dog and kicked your sister, if the product is needed, they will buy it.

Flash is no longer needed. Youtube switched, Hulu is working on a switch, you're done.

Get over it, and put this energy back into making a better, more desired product. Or better yet, a new, innovative item no one has even thought of.
    adobe should stop whining and live with the fact html has and will always be greater than flash. I say adobe should make a program similar to flash program that would allow people to create content just as easily but, work on html also making everything run much faster sturdier and better than flash.

If you can't beat'em, join'em

iPhone? More like MyPhone DaMan05's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger92 View Post
    Bad idea. Still buy macs that run windows in boot camp or parallels and you have a better machine that runs windows.
    I never said they would switch hardware, but they would at least switch OSes and possibly even hardware. Meh, thats my opinion...

iPhone? More like MyPhone Ajblue7's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DaMan05 View Post
    If I was Adobe, I would stop Photoshop for Mac production.

Cause, PS isn't really replaceable by anything else, so Mac users that depend on PS would have to switch to Windows. It's not like Adobe would lose much business because the people that need PS, NEED it and would switch to Windows...
    the funny part is, adobe would go bankrupt if they tried a stunt like that.
    also, in order to get the desired effect they would have to make a way to disable all adobe products on mac. even if they did that they would be facing law suits because the users paid for that program, and adobe cant take it away from them. the only thing they could do is withold cs6 from mac and 6 wont be out for a couple of years, and even then. it wouldn't force many people to go to pc because even now many people pc and mac alike don't update every year because the price is outrageous and there is never anything really amazing in each new version worth the price so every one would rather stick with their old version of their adobe programs. If they ended flash player for mac, which wouldn't be hard for them to do. adobe would be digging their hole bigger. that would give everyone a better reason to change to html, since mac users would be pissed and so would websites and companies because, they wouldn't be able to reach a giant group of users, causing the whole internet to convert to html5. Adobe has got work cut out for em. as i see it flash has maybe 5-10 years until its not used anymore. that is unless of course flash is made godlike fast and reliable which lets face it. adobe wouldn't do that. lets just hope this lights a fire under them to get working hard on making flash better.

Quote Originally Posted by DaMan05 View Post
    I never said they would switch hardware, but they would at least switch OSes and possibly even hardware. Meh, thats my opinion...
    also, apple doesnt care if they switch os's. lets face it apple doesnt make a whole lot of money off of their os. they only have a good os there to go with their hardware. as a result apple doesnt want a whole lot for upgrades of their OS. most of the fee they want is to pay for the actual instal cd
    Last edited by Ajblue7; 05-13-2010 at 01:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wolftamer View Post
    OMG, sick to death of this Apple - Flash ****.

Here, the simple honest truth:

Apple products will never get Flash.
    Flash will never be able to force somebody to use their product.

end of discussion. Just be done with it you two bozo companies.
    You (like many others) miss the issue here. Can adobe force anyone to use their products? Of curse not. It is Apple not allowing us to use flash that is the issue here. Whether flash sucks or not is largely irrelevant. Consumers should be able to choose what they want to use. Sadly the mobile world is very different from the rest of the computing world, probably because it is just now getting so popular. I don't know about you, but I disapprove of Apple acting like a parent to a five year old saying "you can't have this because we know it's not good for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger92 View Post
    Bad idea. Still buy macs that run windows in boot camp or parallels and you have a better machine that runs windows.
    What exactly do you justify as "better"? Loading windows on a mac is fine, however you will have paid $3,000 for a high-end machine where you could have just paid $1,000 and built it yourself. If you buy a Mac JUST to load windows on it there is little more that can be said about you other than you are a huge fool.
    Last edited by sziklassy; 05-13-2010 at 01:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

There's already a web browser in AppStore with flash support and it's free "Cloud Browse". It works both with video an audio pages 

iPhone? More like MyPhone riku98523's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    What exactly do you justify as "better"? Loading windows on a mac is fine, however you will have paid $3,000 for a high-end machine where you could have just paid $1,000 and built it yourself. If you buy a Mac JUST to load windows on it there is little more that can be said about you other than you are a huge fool.
    Lol what do you mean paid $3,000 for a high-end machine $3,000 to Apple gives you a mid to slightly high end machine.

High end PC cost $1,000 a month later the same hardware will run you $800 (slight exaggeration but enthusiast like myself will understand how quick the prices drop on pc hardware) but that mid-high end mac that you bought for $3,000 still cost $3,000 and you can enjoy waiting months for upgraded hardware (which will then cost you even more).

Mac= Biggest waste of money in the world
    Self build pc= Better than mac, cheaper than mac, real support all over the world (and pretty much any forums you use will have someone who could help you with computer problems) instead of the apple store technicians and if you spend 1 day figuring everything out you can install OS X on your freshly built pc.

Mac does run better on mac hardware though since its got the drivers all created for that hardware but with enough knowledge you can usually find everything you need to get OS X running on your PC as good as or better than an actual mac.

I have nothing against Mac itself just against mac hardware and Apple being so restrictive because Apple is filled with a bunch of *** holes who took an Operating system (linux) gave it a new name changed a few things then slapped a huge price tag on it and for those of you that don't know the whole point of Linux is freedom.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rokesomesmeefer View Post
    You know, you could very easily substitute "Apple" for "Adobe" in that part and it would still be spot-on...
    I have to agree.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by boxxa View Post
    Well if Apple and Adobe can make up and be friends, maybe my ex and I have a shot!
    Amen to that, brotha.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by riku98523 View Post
    Lol what do you mean paid $3,000 for a high-end machine $3,000 to Apple gives you a mid to slightly high end machine.

High end PC cost $1,000 a month later the same hardware will run you $800 (slight exaggeration but enthusiast like myself will understand how quick the prices drop on pc hardware) but that mid-high end mac that you bought for $3,000 still cost $3,000 and you can enjoy waiting months for upgraded hardware (which will then cost you even more).

Mac= Biggest waste of money in the world
    Self build pc= Better than mac, cheaper than mac, real support all over the world (and pretty much any forums you use will have someone who could help you with computer problems) instead of the apple store technicians and if you spend 1 day figuring everything out you can install OS X on your freshly built pc.

Mac does run better on mac hardware though since its got the drivers all created for that hardware but with enough knowledge you can usually find everything you need to get OS X running on your PC as good as or better than an actual mac.

I have nothing against Mac itself just against mac hardware and Apple being so restrictive because Apple is filled with a bunch of *** holes who took an Operating system (linux) gave it a new name changed a few things then slapped a huge price tag on it and for those of you that don't know the whole point of Linux is freedom.
    Finally someone who knows what the hell they are talking about! I'm so sick of all you yuppy mac lovers who don't know jacksh$t about computers. The difference between a mac and a custom built pc is like owning an automatic ferrari or a standard, if you know how to drive stick nothing else comes close... Come to think of it, do they even make an automatic ferrari... Learn to drive mac boys, you'll appreciate it much more!
    Last edited by aomphantom; 05-13-2010 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

best news i've heard all week
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Thanks

Wait, wait.. velociraptors are prehistoric?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ClerkDante View Post
    Business is really rather simple. Create a product the other simply cannot live without. It doesn't matter if they've raped your dog and kicked your sister, if the product is needed, they will buy it.

Flash is no longer needed. Youtube switched, Hulu is working on a switch, you're done.

Get over it, and put this energy back into making a better, more desired product. Or better yet, a new, innovative item no one has even thought of.
    I tried youtube html5 once, it sucks *** - bad

flash is still needed for a long time.

ps. java could be happy upgrade to safari mobile browser or is it too buggy?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Well if Apple and Adobe can make up and be friends, maybe my ex and I have a shot!
    ERRR, I think I'd just rather Apple and Adobe get along a little

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aomphantom View Post
    Finally someone who knows what the hell they are talking about!
    Really? He thinks the mac os is based on Linux when it is unix-y based on the mach kernal.

Anyways, I don't think flash will ever entirely disappear. Flash is just to powerful to get rid of. I have some friends that are in the motion graphics profession that work mostly with flash and they are on high demand in the area. As a web developer myself, I always make a mobile version of the web site that won't use flash for my clients. Really, why would you need flash on the idevice? But for desktop/laptops, I think flash is great.
    Last edited by cates044; 05-13-2010 at 07:03 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Epic, this quote will at some time give my future children something to laugh at.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aomphantom View Post
    Finally someone who knows what the hell they are talking about! I'm so sick of all you yuppy mac lovers who don't know jacksh about computers. The difference between a mac and a custom built pc is like owning an automatic ferrari or a standard, if you know how to drive stick nothing else comes close... Come to think of it, do they even make an automatic ferrari... Learn to drive mac boys, you'll appreciate it much more!

how is owning a mac like owning a auto ferrari, and a custom built one a manual ferrari?! a mac is like a ferrari, and a custom built pc is like a 240sx. sure with enough customization you can be as fast as a ferriari, if not faster and for probably only 30% of the cost... and thats fine if thats what your into, but some people rather just buy a ferrari, they want something really built perfectly for its specific hardware, hardware that they'll never change. Have you opened a new mac pro? looked inside of it? its easily worth its price tag, maybe not part for part, but thats not what people are paying for.

thats why Operating system is your option from the start, apple has no direct problem with its users using windows.

But for my 2 cents for the thread, adobe shouldn't take this as a slap in the face, they need to improve their product, flash sucks on any mobile device i've played with that supports it,
    Last edited by babyblue_pimp; 05-13-2010 at 10:07 PM.
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by babyblue_pimp View Post
    how is owning a mac like owning a auto ferrari, and a custom built one a manual ferrari?! a mac is like a ferrari, and a custom built pc is like a 240sx. sure with enough customization you can be as fast as a ferriari, for probably only 30% of the cost... and thats fine if thats what your into, but some people rather just buy a ferrari, they want something really built perfectly for its specific hardware, hardware that they'll never change. Have you opened a new mac pro? looked inside of it? its easily worth its price tag, maybe not part for part, but thats not what people are paying for.
    The difference between a Mac and a PC (excluding the OS) is the difference between a Lexus and a Toyota. It's the same crap inside just put together differently and given a different name. One's price is moderate, the other's is just ridiculous.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Rokesomesmeefer For This Useful Post:

TheGrandFinale2001 (05-14-2010)

Thanks

Default let the love begin!
    oh i love it when two companies fall in love with each other! let the magic happen! flash on iphone and ipad FTW!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Where would Apple be today without Adobe? Does anybody use Photoshop? Mac sales would be worse than they already are if it wasn't for applications developed by Adobe.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rokesomesmeefer View Post
    The difference between a Mac and a PC (excluding the OS) is the difference between a Lexus and a Toyota. It's the same crap inside just put together differently and given a different name. One's price is moderate, the other's is just ridiculous.
    AppleCare+MobileMe>*
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!