+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HTC Requests Ban of iPhone, iPad, iPod Sales in the US

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
On Wednesday, HTC Corp revealed that it filed a patent infringement case against Apple and, in the process, requested from the U.S. International Trade Commission an immediate ban on U.S.
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

Default HTC Requests Ban of iPhone, iPad, iPod Sales in the US

On Wednesday, HTC Corp revealed that it filed a patent infringement case against Apple and, in the process, requested from the U.S. International Trade Commission an immediate ban on U.S. sales of Apple's entire fleet of popular iDevices - iPhones, iPads and iPods. As it stands, the move by HTC comes as a legal reaction to Apple's patent infringement suit against HTC in March.

At that time, Apple accused HTC of violating nearly two dozen patent infringements.

According to the breaking report from Reuters, HTC is specifically accusing Apple of "infringing five HTC patents." It should be noted, however, that HTC did not cite which patents Apple violated. What HTC did make clear, of course, is the company's adamant request that the importation and sales of iPods, iPhones, and iPads be halted.

This move on the part of HTC is simply the latest legal stunt pulled in the ongoing struggle between Apple and its much smaller, but still sizable rival. "We are taking this action against Apple to protect our intellectual property, our industry partners, and most importantly, our customers that use HTC phones," Jason Mackenzie, HTC's VP for North America pronounced in a statement.

Apple isn't commenting on the suit or on HTC's substantial request to block sales of Cupertino's red hot products.

Image via AppAdvice

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Michael Essany For This Useful Post:

DisneyRicky (05-12-2010), rebman (05-12-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone riku98523's Avatar
    Thanks

Less face it all major companies have become retarded.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to riku98523 For This Useful Post:

cocotherat (05-18-2010)

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple are being stupid by suing HTC, it's not like HTC to infringe on Apple's patents seeing as they pay Microsoft and I bet Apple are probably infringing on some on MS's WM patents...

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Thanks

what ever happened to "competition". thought that is what made the Economic system work for the people. other wise its just a monopoly.. and we all know Aplle would never want that..cough cough
    "Jane, get me off this crazy thing !!!!"

Thanks

I would likely side with HTC, but let's face it, they are never going to win this one lol

Thanks

I'm kinda lost. Do they want the iDevices banned from being sold or their sale status?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Amraam View Post
    I would likely side with HTC, but let's face it, they are never going to win this one lol
    Stop Apple from selling iPhones, iPads, and iPods? Probably not.
    But Google is heavily backing HTC in this fight, so I wouldn't expect Apple to trample them either.
    We'll see how it plays out...

Thanks

Bahahaha. This will not happen.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This is just too funny. First Apple sues HTC, this suit stops the import of HTC devices by carriers and US Registered Authorized Resellers of the HTC line. So to counter, HTC sues Apple. The trade commission will probably attempt to halt the sales of all "I" related wireless devices. But have no fear, we know where you can still purchase either brand device. (haha) On with the politics.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ForumSnoBorderRK's Avatar
    Thanks

hahaha htc.
    this is like watching a little nerd try to beat up a huge jacked guy.
    the jacked guy just has his hand held up to the nerd's face while he's swinging his punches.

funny stuff.
    this type of ish will never pull through.
    -[r]
    if you can, please [thank] me if i helped you or you liked what i said! :]

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

^perfect analogy.
    Not gonna happen

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Its just stupid. First it was NOKIA that wanted for Apple to Import iDevices because of some Patent and just because they sell to fast..
    Now its HTC that also want Apple to halt imporaton of iDevices..
    What is it with those Companies? Jealous? I mean think of somethin other than from him to stop importing his devices. Be creative and look for a solution that will kick Apple *** (Actually will never happend for the coming 10 years).. But I mean..instead of losing money with Court and Lawyers...damnn...
    No patent is of no body... if he is using it..fine..he did a great job of making the device becoming a success..perhaps you were sleeping and trying to perfectionize it too much and than came Apple with iBOOM....BLAST you and your Patent away..

Its time for all those company stop sleeping and some work

Take look..After iPhone came...mostly alll company came with touchscreen and kinda same interface..Did Apple sue them for kinda same interface...NOO.

AppStore came; later BB with its stupid unpotential AppWorld.. THen Samsung with its Appworld....Android with Appworld..

2010.: iPad launch..... now I see all kind of tablets...JOOJOO..etc..etc...HP ow stopping it production for tablets..

Why is that when Apples comes with something alls of then everyone comes like the smoke after the train...
    Geeezzz...Be creative people.. Be your own Simon. Afraid is something very cruel but you haveto fight it

Thanks

Everybody relax. The smokescreen lawsuits from these greedy bastards are nothing more than marketing ploys to get the consumers on their side to buy their products. Nobody loses except us.

Thanks

@forumsnowboarderRK

You've obviously never seen Royce Gracie vs Kimo Leopold. You need to watch out for the little nerdy guy. Or they might just choke you out.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm finding it hilarious how everybody thinks that Nokia and HTC are jealous of apple.

First of all, Nokia isn't jealous of anybody. Why? Because while Apple may have a considerable size in america, Nokia basically owns all of Europe and Asia. Its suing it because it has asked Apple time and time again to pay for its patents.

While Apple is actually jealous of android. Now, I would sound like a hypocrite if I said that Nokia should be able to sue Apple, but Apple shouldn't be able to sue HTC... So here's where the important stuff comes in. Apple is suing HTC because it doesn't want ANY other company using THEIR revolutionary and magical ideas *rolls eyes*. While Nokia just wants a slice of the cake.

So yeah. Apple wants to stop innovation, and everyone wants money.

Now, no ones going to quote me or aknowledge me and continue saying how HTC and Nokia are just sooooo jealous of the iPhone, when they have better hardware phones and bigger market shares.

OK? yup.

Quote Originally Posted by eyepoper View Post
    Its just stupid. First it was NOKIA that wanted for Apple to Import iDevices because of some Patent and just because they sell to fast..
    Now its HTC that also want Apple to halt imporaton of iDevices..
    What is it with those Companies? Jealous? I mean think of somethin other than from him to stop importing his devices. Be creative and look for a solution that will kick Apple *** (Actually will never happend for the coming 10 years).. But I mean..instead of losing money with Court and Lawyers...damnn...
    No patent is of no body... if he is using it..fine..he did a great job of making the device becoming a success..perhaps you were sleeping and trying to perfectionize it too much and than came Apple with iBOOM....BLAST you and your Patent away..

Its time for all those company stop sleeping and some work

Take look..After iPhone came...mostly alll company came with touchscreen and kinda same interface..Did Apple sue them for kinda same interface...NOO.

AppStore came; later BB with its stupid unpotential AppWorld.. THen Samsung with its Appworld....Android with Appworld..

2010.: iPad launch..... now I see all kind of tablets...JOOJOO..etc..etc...HP ow stopping it production for tablets..

Why is that when Apples comes with something alls of then everyone comes like the smoke after the train...
    Geeezzz...Be creative people.. Be your own Simon. Afraid is something very cruel but you haveto fight it
    First of all, the iPhone was FAR from being the first touch screen device.
    Second of all, HP Slate and JooJoo were anounced before iPad.
    Third, it doesn't take to much creativity to create a bigger version of a phone. America's been doing it since the first monster truck.
    Forth, apple did sue other companies for having the simple, basic, yet in your opinion, similar UI's. And one of the companies apple is suing is, *gasp* HTC!!!
    Last edited by Kamil18; 05-12-2010 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Kamil18 For This Useful Post:

Success.Is.Sweet (05-12-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Apple doesn't want any company using their ideas...for free. AFAIK the sticking point was the licensing costs.

iPhone? More like MyPhone riku98523's Avatar
    Thanks

And Nokia doesn't want Apple using their patents for free but they are.

Green Apple
    Thanks

It's not gonna happen. It may limit the sales AT THE MOST but this is ridiculous.

Of course, Google is a juggernaut at the moment, and HTC holds a good chunk of power as well, so this could play out in some awkward ways

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

never going to happen, are they on drugs ahahahhahahaha.

iPhone? More like MyPhone sLevin1fo's Avatar
    F**K YOU, IM FROM TEXAS (So Original, HUH?)
    Thanks

Default Oh Steve, lets go down memory lane..
    1:29 Pirates of Silicon Valley

What you noobs know about that?
    8GB 2G 1.0.2v 3.14.08_G AT&T RIP
    16GB 3G 2.0.2v 2.02.01 AT&T RIP
    8GB 3G 3.0 04.26.08 AT&T RIP
    16GB 3GS 3.0.1 04.26.08 AT&T RIP
    16GB 3GS 3.1.3 5.12.01 AT&T RIP
    16GB iPhone4 3.10.01 4.2.1 Fancy iPod

+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast