Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
05-17-2010, 11:47 AM #61
Okay 1 person in this basically is a APPLE FANBOY and it mad me sick to my stomach... but here is something to think about...
Is HTC ripping the Design of the iPhone? No i am sorry but have you seen any HTC phones? Have you looked at a iPhone? Here is a image in case you have never seen any of them...
I'm going to compare N1 and iPhone for ya along with iPhone OS and Android, in shorten terms... Not going to the Win OS since I cant back it up due to I never have owned one.
iPhone - Power Button, Home Button, Volume up/down Button and Vibrate Button...
N1 - Trackball (with kewl led lights), Back Button, Home button, Menu Button, Search Button, Volume up/down Button...
iPhone OS - OSX base - OSX is based off BSD - BSD = LINUX
Android OS - Linux base from start
iPhone OS - Can you update your kernal to whatever you want? NO
Android OS - same question... YES! (pick one 2.6.33, 18.104.22.168, 2.6.34, etc.)
iPhone - can you replace battery? Only if you take it to a apple store or send it in.
N1 - Order one and change it yourself.
iPhone OS - Status bar - tells time, Coverage, Wifi, Battery Life, iPod playing, Bluetooth.
Android OS - Status Bar - Time, Coverage, Silent/Vibrate Mode, Battery Life, Email, gTalk, SMS, MMS, Music, Updates, Wifi, Bluetooth, Navigation, In call, USB Notification, Pull Down Menu.
iPhone OS - Multitask? Not yet
Android OS - Yep.
I can go on and on and one about this... Point is was iPhone a revolutionary phone? Yes. Did apple keep up with it being the best out there? No. heres a question for yea... WHERE IS FLASH? APPLE PROMISED US FLASH WAS GOING TO BE OUT IN OS 2.0... but thats never going to happen... sad truth is html5 will not be taking off big this year or the next... maybe in 2 years... so again a big let down by apple. Android one the other hand is bringing it to the platform.
Have you seen the shots of OS4... LOL background images finally, oh more like a live wallpaper LOL...
"I repeat things, because everyone like you "Fail" to understand and comprehend which products are better and why." HAHAHAHAHAHA WOW that is the funniest thing ever!
""discuss/debate any topic in a civil and intellectual manner." Thats very hard to do, because people like you cannot understand the basic facts and simple concepts. Sorry." - Actually you dont have any supporting detail at all. all you do is repeat yourself on 20 infringes and more BS... serious step up to the plate and put down real information cause its people like you that cant face the facts that cant get their head out of their *** and stop being a stubborn ***** and say here is the specs and this and that. seriously look up the specs details for the iPhone and android and other HTC products and post them... Heres the catch dont use WIKI cause thats not a reliable source.
"Thats your opinion." - Everyone has opinions and yet this is my opinion. But the thing is i laid out some facts. Facts on what the devices actually have on the body as well as certain features. all you can do is take this quote it and break it down piece by piece with no supporting detail at all except with you own opinions.
One more thing I have both phones next to me right now. Graphic wise N1 is way better. Installing apps is faster and easier on a N1/Android then iPhone. oh wait yes one more thing to add to this... Android Shakes Up U.S. Smartphone Market There this is a straight up fact you cant deny.
- Open platform Welcome (Android Open Source Project)
- Can compile custom firmwares - good for hackers and others
- Good framework, extended on each new firmware
- Supports multitasking
- Nice IDE - Eclipse, NetBeans
- Development SDK is free
- Easy to debug, can send logs to developers
- Programming language is Java but bridges from other languages exist (C# .NET - Mono, etc.)
- Java is a high level language that appeared in 1995. Android supports Java 1.5 and translates the byte code to its own custom Dalvik byte code optimized for mobile devices.
- For the hardcore programmers, Android offers the possibility of programming in C using the native dev kit NDK
- Can run script languages like LUA, Perl, Python, etc.
- Can install third party applications from sdcard, random sites - not locked to a specific market
- Applications can hook and override everything - email interface, SMS sending, custom keyboards, etc.
- Supports widgets
- Can publish applications on the Android market instantly - initial one time registration fee is 25E
- User has access to the sdcard and can use it as a USB disk
- no Adobe Flash support yet. Probably will be available in Q2 of this year.
- Closed platform
- No multitasking except for some Apple applications. Multitasking is probably going to be introduced in the next version of the iPhone, the iPhone 4
- Development kit costs ~90E
- Programming language is Objective C - but bridges exist from Java, C#, etc.
- Objective C appeared in 1986
- Next version of iPhone is supposed to only allow Objective C code, this means the bridges are out and you must program in Objective C if you want to create an iPhone application
- Applications are not allowed to duplicate the iPhone functionality - i.e. no custom email interface, etc.
- Does not support widgets - unless the phone is jail broken
- User does not have access to the sdcard - user can only do synchronization via internet or LAN
- Third party applications can only be installed from the Apple store. For testing the applications, developers can use Ad Hoc publishing
- Publishing on the store is a very lengthy and tiresome process. Apple has many and bizarre rules. Many applications were rejected for strange reasons.
- No Adobe Flash support
Source for the list: Comparison of Android vs iPhone vs Nokia vs BlackBerry vs Windows Mobile 7 - CodeProject
Like I said here is excatly what this one person i am pointing this whole post will do.
1. He will Quote my whole post
2. Then he will say i am completely wrong.
3. Proceed to break it down in chunks
4. add his own little bs comments that have no backing support.
and why everyone else might ask? to make him feel better about the product he bought and supports so much cause he paid bango bucks for it.
My name is Jonny and i have used the iPhone since 1.1.2 and then moved on to the Nexus One, something that is more powerful in hardware and that supports my needs. And i dont have to worry about a bs company that tells me how to code and what i can or can not do with my phone. Am I a Android Fanboy? Yes. But only cause Apple's Mobile platform slipped and its just going to keep going down from there. Do i still use apple products? Yes. Am i going to check this again after i post probably not because as i state above that person will break it down for the sake of their own pity to make them feel better and bigger. Still much respect to everyone here at MMI (but not well you know who this is pointed to) but honestly iPhone community is going down and android is rising up.
This is my Opinion mixed in with others Opinions and Others Facts!
05-17-2010, 11:56 AM #62
What a long post!
Enjoy your N1He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
05-17-2010, 12:36 PM #63
Apple are being stupid by suing HTC, it's not like HTC to infringe on Apple's patents seeing as they pay Microsoft and I bet Apple are probably infringing on some on MS's WM patents...
This guy has his head up his own azz get with it who was the first ot launch a touchscreen device Apple so everyone following suite is taking a bite of the Big Apple. If anyone is stealing from htc is the developers taking there apps from droid to the AppStore and windows mobile come on the only place I see windows mobile phones is at metro pcs stores and there priced at 300.00 to 350.00$. Just put that extra 50.00$ with it and get an iPhone plus all the other smart phones are dinosaurs next to the iPhone and the next iPhone HD thanks.
Jonnydopehead is on dope check out the smart phones before 07 the launch of the first iPhone they were big heavy bulkey paper weights. Before the iPhone I had the motorola sliver which let me transfer and play my iTunes songs on my phone now palm windows mobile blackberry are hanging from the balls of of the giant Apple. Get htc's stick out your mouth dope head.
Nokia owns the euro market you must be stupid look at the world and see what there using or want the iPhone the market is up for grabs and apple is a giant among others. When you look on the uk sights they're using apple iPhones is I were the comp I would spread rumors and fake a law suit too all in the name of money which apple is raking the doe in even in china they prefer iPhone or the iPhone clone so think about that apple haters.
Last edited by bignighttrain; 05-17-2010 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
05-17-2010, 01:28 PM #64
05-17-2010, 06:26 PM #65
That's just impossible that apple fail