+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HTC Requests Ban of iPhone, iPad, iPod Sales in the US

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by ForumSnoBorderRK hahaha htc. this is like watching a little nerd try to beat up a huge jacked guy. the jacked guy just has his hand held up
    Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ForumSnoBorderRK View Post
    hahaha htc.
    this is like watching a little nerd try to beat up a huge jacked guy.
    the jacked guy just has his hand held up to the nerd's face while he's swinging his punches.

funny stuff.
    this type of ish will never pull through.
    Yeah I know of a couple of instances like that back when I was in high school, except what those bullies failed to remember was that the two nerds they picked on were very good "suppliers"/dealers to a few of the other huge jacked up guys at school.

Rest assured that every big Apple competitor is keeping their ear to the ground for all of these lawsuits and would back the smaller guys in a heartbeat when a serious and legitimate case is built.

Quote Originally Posted by eZStaR View Post
    Yes well, I look at electronics due to their superior software, hardware, and success. While HTC has been literally ripping at iPhones design, its quite clear why I would say "Apple- Awesome" since all the other phones are pieces of crap whom think adding better hardware makes their devices better.

Um, "lowering processor voltage to save battery," "gesture to unlock device." Right. Im quite sure that no other phone out their ever did that exactly like Apple did. But wait, Android did! Right after copying Apple! HTC included. Its funny how on Apple you unlock left to right, while on Android (older versions usually) have slide up, think they still do or you have option to pick between the dots/pattern thing) Which 100% came out after slide up gesture. It gets more amazing after you read almost another dozen and a half of infringements, but you would clearly say "oh Apple didn't invent or do any of those," because they {GOT} the authority to get the patents.

I never said HTC wasn't a phone company for a while. I said why didn't they make phones like they do now? How suddenly they release phones like Incredible, EVO, Hero, HD2 etc. Before their phones were totally useless and crappy. Now every phone they design and release looks like a iPhone. Nice right?

Ok? Doesn't mean you pretty much ripp the other companies design completely and have such a huge design difference from your previous made electronic phones. -Aka HTC.

Pretty sure the "full of monkey crap" is for just a couple of patents they have over HTC, what about the other dozen and a half, did you read those or should I post all here?

Right, the other most popular device in their arsenal which they created them selves, from whom the Zune HD was created from. Awesome. Or are you going to say iTouch was also ripped off from Zune? Since zune was created almost 6 years after the iPod, looked exactly like one, did almost same crap, looked uglier and didn't sell. Best part is, right after iTouch was released, they announced a touch screen device of their own lol^^. When iPods get smaller there's do to. Haha.
    So the point I am getting at is most of everything today related to touch screens/media players and etc are linked if not inspired by Apple, without Apples iTouch or iPhone, there WOULD not be any Incredible/HD2/EVO/Hero etc, or any google phone, any Zunes, any most touch screens out there.
    @MODS - Would you mind dealing with this nuisance? The guy posts the exact same mindless and unsupported rhetoric on every single thread he participates in, does nothing but try to instigate others, and fails to discuss/debate any topic in a civil and intellectual manner. There has never been a more perfect example of the term "naive Fanboy" since I have joined this site.
    Last edited by mortopher; 05-13-2010 at 12:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mortopher For This Useful Post:

Success.Is.Sweet (05-14-2010)

Thanks

Don't you love all this willy waving?
    I have no doubt that everyone has infringed everyone else's patents and the lawyers will make a lot of money arguing over the details.
    The end result will be agreements between all the companies to use each others patents with, possibly, some royalties paid one way or the other.
    I might be wrong, HTC might get all i-devices banned or vice-versa, but I doubt it.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

Success.Is.Sweet (05-13-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I must say nowadays this suing buisness is getting quite silly wit that I'm off to sue my
    neigbour for as her pasta smells like the one my mom
    makes.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    That's stupid lol! Never gonna happen.. They had think too much.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

LOL! Like thats ever going to happen...Apple's just going to stop selling their products in the U.S.....idiots!

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

Everyone realizes that they'll never create superior products so their next line of defense is to try and sue them into bankruptcy. Not going to happen...

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamil18 View Post
    I'm finding it hilarious how everybody thinks that Nokia and HTC are jealous of apple.

First of all, Nokia isn't jealous of anybody. Why? Because while Apple may have a considerable size in america, Nokia basically owns all of Europe and Asia. Its suing it because it has asked Apple time and time again to pay for its patents.

While Apple is actually jealous of android. Now, I would sound like a hypocrite if I said that Nokia should be able to sue Apple, but Apple shouldn't be able to sue HTC... So here's where the important stuff comes in. Apple is suing HTC because it doesn't want ANY other company using THEIR revolutionary and magical ideas *rolls eyes*. While Nokia just wants a slice of the cake.

So yeah. Apple wants to stop innovation, and everyone wants money.

Now, no ones going to quote me or aknowledge me and continue saying how HTC and Nokia are just sooooo jealous of the iPhone, when they have better hardware phones and bigger market shares.

OK? yup.

First of all, the iPhone was FAR from being the first touch screen device.
    Second of all, HP Slate and JooJoo were anounced before iPad.
    Third, it doesn't take to much creativity to create a bigger version of a phone. America's been doing it since the first monster truck.
    Forth, apple did sue other companies for having the simple, basic, yet in your opinion, similar UI's. And one of the companies apple is suing is, *gasp* HTC!!!
    Agree.... BUT....
    Show us what your talking about, give us links about the law sute.
    Correct the iPhone was not the first touch screen, but it was the first "touch" screen. Tell me what device was out before the iPhone that you could "touch" not tap with a pointed object.
    iPad was not the first tablet to come out. Apple isnt coming out with "firsts" its coming out with better versions of what was. Think of the tablet market before the iPad. It was dead plain and simple. NOWWWW everyone wants to try Apples idea, thats all the other companies are doing now days. Lets see what Apple comes out with this year and use what we have and try to top it. Using Apples devices, customers, and momentum trying to be the "first" at something.
    The iPhone sucks as a phone, we all know that, but its great as a device. Ask yourself the same question about the iPhone. What was out there before the iPhone came out. No GOOD device, sure you have Palm, Blackberry, etc... but nobody thought of a "app store", a one stop shop for all apps. Sure there were places to get apps, thats not what im saying, but PLACES being the key word.
    Does Apple rule the world, no.
    Will Apple rule the world, no.
    Should Apple rule the world, no.

Thanks

All i can say is i hope HTC win as I'm fed up with apple suing smaller companies because they bring something out that can compete with the Iphone its sad.

Apple don't want choice because if there is choice they may pick the competitor, apple don't want this hence why they control every damn thing to do with apple products.

Does Apple rule the world, No true but they want to if given the chance they would.
    Will Apple rule the world, same as above.
    Should Apple rule the world, damn no this would be the end of the world lol you buy a toaster by apple the spring brakes you would think go buy a new spring but with apple products you cant you have to buy a new bloody toaster, same with most of apple products they don't upgrade stuff (they do but its bloody expensive)they want you to buy new things more money for them.

This iphone i have is the last one I'm buying iPhone 3Gs 16gb i paid 445 for this thing its great but its not amazing and there are better phone out there now, I want a phone with a good camera i have two kids the iphone camera doesn't cut it no flash crap compression i could go on.

all the fanboys out there will defend apple to the end we all know this quite sad really.
    Apple are Control freaks we need to stop them before they take over the world!!

Thanks

why dont they release the patents?
    well if HTC wins, ipod and iphone value will skyrocket.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    ^I agree. No point having a conversation with eZStaR. His posts are FAIL. There's so many reasons why his points are false and stupid. He clearly doesn't know a lot.

The only company that has a true lawsuit is Nokia. There phones are nothing like the iPhone. The UI, design etc are the same still like they were before the iPhone came out.
    "Fail." You sir are dumb. Look at facts please, "doesn't know a lot." Haha, tard.

"Company that has true lawsuit." Um, so does Apple against Nokia and HTC? "Same" Wow, want me to paste pictures up? Go back to school.

Quote Originally Posted by paganizonda83 View Post
    Yeah I know of a couple of instances like that back when I was in high school, except what those bullies failed to remember was that the two nerds they picked on were very good "suppliers"/dealers to a few of the other huge jacked up guys at school.

Rest assured that every big Apple competitor is keeping their ear to the ground for all of these lawsuits and would back the smaller guys in a heartbeat when a serious and legitimate case is built.

@MODS - Would you mind dealing with this nuisance? The guy posts the exact same mindless and unsupported rhetoric on every single thread he participates in, does nothing but try to instigate others, and fails to discuss/debate any topic in a civil and intellectual manner. There has never been a more perfect example of the term "naive Fanboy" since I have joined this site.
    See instead of commenting and stalking me on every post, try to come up with a valid argument, which I can clearly see you are not capable of. I've read what you said, and you have been proven wrong on more than one occasion. Unless you can provide facts and not be proven wrong, I suggest you stop not only irrelevantly commenting on every post saying the same crap, but shutting your mouth as well.
    - Your a Android fanboy
    - I repeat things, because everyone like you "Fail" to understand and comprehend which products are better and why.

"discuss/debate any topic in a civil and intellectual manner." Thats very hard to do, because people like you cannot understand the basic facts and simple concepts. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by mlauth View Post
    The iPhone sucks as a phone, we all know that, but its great as a device.
    Thats your opinion. People say they drop calls and whatnot, what they don't realize is its mostly because of where they live. Many people state that they have never dropped a call and their provider is perfect while others say AT&T is flawed. The iPhone "doesn't suck" as a phone, at most the provider "sucks" at giving the iPhone a good reception {which can be arguable depending in the area you live in}

As for the taking over comment, is Apple trying to take over the world? No. What they ARE trying to do is offer quality products which live up to their battery and etc. There is a reason why they don't "allow" jailbreaking.

Quote Originally Posted by rocky5 View Post
    All i can say is i hope HTC win as I'm fed up with apple suing smaller companies because they bring something out that can compete with the Iphone its sad.

Apple don't want choice because if there is choice they may pick the competitor, apple don't want this hence why they control every damn thing to do with apple products.

Does Apple rule the world, No true but they want to if given the chance they would.
    Will Apple rule the world, same as above.
    Should Apple rule the world, damn no this would be the end of the world lol you buy a toaster by apple the spring brakes you would think go buy a new spring but with apple products you cant you have to buy a new bloody toaster, same with most of apple products they don't upgrade stuff (they do but its bloody expensive)they want you to buy new things more money for them.

This iphone i have is the last one I'm buying iPhone 3Gs 16gb i paid 445 for this thing its great but its not amazing and there are better phone out there now, I want a phone with a good camera i have two kids the iphone camera doesn't cut it no flash crap compression i could go on.

all the fanboys out there will defend apple to the end we all know this quite sad really.
    Everything you just said is completely wrong.

1)
    bring something out that can compete with the Iphone its sad.
    - You mean bring something ripped off into the market to compete with the iPhone, which is sad, I agree /lol.

2)
    - Choice meaning ripped off products of their own, then sure. /lol
    "Hence" they are suing HTC for "20" Patent infringements.
    3)
    - Read above.

4)
    this thing its great but its not amazing and there are better phone out there now, I want a phone with a good camera i have two kids the iphone camera doesn't cut it no flash crap compression i could go on.
    - Thanks for good laugh, I needed it.
    - Adding so called "better" hardware which doesn't even make their overall device better due to their software being ******. Did you see the comparisons between the iPhone camera and droids/nexus's? iPhone's lower MP camera won vs both. All those "better" phones which you speak of [Meaning better hardware] still suck and will never be compared to the iPhone. I can go on to how much better of a multitouch iPhone has, 3D rendering etc.

5) "all the fanboys out there will defend apple to the end we all know this quite sad really."
    - Well that just makes you a fanboy of other phones, most likely referring to the Android phones.
    Last edited by eZStaR; 05-13-2010 at 01:15 PM.

-Win7 Ultimate Retail Dualboot with Mac OSX 10.5.8 On PC, Core 2 Duo, 4GBRam, 300GB Drive, 500GB External, Nvidia Geforce 8400GS

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thisisasticup View Post
    That's the most important question in all of this.
    One that cannot be answered by any of us.
    Or the writers.
    But I digress.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    LOL, that's basically what this thread has spiraled into.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I think it's funny that Apple went after HTC and not Google. Dont be suprised if Google gets involved, could get ugle.

Thanks

Google has already announced that they will be involved, as well as Microsoft.
    Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post

Thanks

they should give up. apple will never lose. just look against adobe and nokia. if steve jobs wanted to, he could bribe whoever made the decision

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpkirkley View Post
    If apple is so hardcore about defending its patents why arent they going against Blackberry for the storm?
    Apple knows they dont have the juice to go against RIM in a law suit. The justice dept. will back RIMS play ad infinitum as long as RIM is supplying all major US law enforcement agencies with their devices. About 4 yrs ago a company, an AMERICAN company tried (thats important cuzz RIM is Canadian) and were told flat out that they needed to settle before the DOJ killed their suit.
    Neo Style by k.nitsua....early front runner for THEME OF THE YEAR

Now in a dead heat with liveOS c/o bluemetal....

Let us all welcome the newest fighter to the TOTY ring...iNavHD c/o reeco

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    they should give up. apple will never lose. just look against adobe and nokia. if steve jobs wanted to, he could bribe whoever made the decision
    He doesn't need to bribe. We already know who is a better company, and who are the ripper - offers.

People here just say "oh Nokia is the only one with most legitimate case"

They don't realize Apple is suing them, and HTC. Both lawsuits against both companies are very "legitimate." Especially HTC, I wouldn't be surprised if they had to shut down their imports in USA.

-Win7 Ultimate Retail Dualboot with Mac OSX 10.5.8 On PC, Core 2 Duo, 4GBRam, 300GB Drive, 500GB External, Nvidia Geforce 8400GS

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ForumSnoBorderRK View Post
    hahaha htc.
    this is like watching a little nerd try to beat up a huge jacked guy.
    the jacked guy just has his hand held up to the nerd's face while he's swinging his punches.

funny stuff.
    this type of ish will never pull through.
    This nerdy guy has Google huge jacked guy ready to throw a couple punch in for him, not so easy to just hold the nerd back now is it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eZStaR View Post
    He doesn't need to bribe. We already know who is a better company, and who are the ripper - offers.

People here just say "oh Nokia is the only one with most legitimate case"

They don't realize Apple is suing them, and HTC. Both lawsuits against both companies are very "legitimate." Especially HTC, I wouldn't be surprised if they had to shut down their imports in USA.
    You are so incredibly ignorant, I really dont know what to say anymore. None of these companies will have to shut down anything. The lawsuits are so petty they will never ACTUALLY make it anywhere past your over-exaggerating imagination. There might be a 5 percent chance that this actually makes it beyond a hearing.

@creasy - good point, I didn't really think of it like that, but you're probably spot on.
    EVGA P55LE Mobo/Core [email protected]/Corsair H50
    8GB Corsair Donimator DDR3 1600/Radeon 5870
    2x 150 Raptors in Raid 0/2 TB Caviar for storage
    Denon AVR 590 Reciever
    46" Sony KDL-XBR9

22. The Following User Says Thank You to cpkirkley For This Useful Post:

Success.Is.Sweet (05-15-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default let it go
    Quote Originally Posted by iTouchNinjaz View Post
    I'm kinda lost. Do they want the iDevices banned from being sold or their sale status?
    don't worry, it will end with the wind