Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Another 4th-Gen iPhone Turns Up

MMi Staff Writer Paul Daniel Ash's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Another 4th-Gen iPhone Turns Up
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AAnUHePbe4]YouTube - Tinhte.com - Trên tay phiên b?n th? nghi?m iPhone 4G[/ame]

A second next-generation iPhone has surfaced, this time in Vietnam of all places. The Vietnamese website [ame="http://taoviet.vn/showthread.php?t=16471"]taoviet.vn[/ame] (currently staggering under the load of hits from all over the world) posted pictures and video of an iPhone that matches the prototype Gizmodo had last month, but with better finish and labeling, indicating this may be an early production model.

Unlike the "lost and found" prototype that Gizmodo highlighted, this phone was in working condition when it was obtained, though running some sort of firmware test suite called "Inferno" rather than the iPhone OS. There are other visible differences between this phone and the Gizmodo prototype, including a micro-SIM slot like the iPad's on the side of the case and the absence of the screws that marred the bottom, and a production quality label showing "16GB" on the case back where Gizmodo's prototype just said "XXGB." If the phone uses the same flash that went into the iPad, this could mean that there will be 16, 32 and 64GB models on the next-generation device. There's also an "N90" sticker on the processor - which is the designator Apple uses internally for the A4 - and the marking APL0398 on the chip, same as on the iPad's A4.

Circumstances of how it came into the hands of the Taoviet folks were not made clear. However, the tipster who notified MacRumors said that a Vietnamese businessman "bought it in the US, along with an iPad." Other sources indicate that the phone cost them $4,000 US, less than the $5,000 Gizmodo paid for its bricked prototype. Apparently Apple's vaunted security is getting so bad that it's driving prices down...

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paul Daniel Ash For This Useful Post:

alexkhalaf (05-12-2010), reaves205 (05-12-2010)

Just saw this on Gizmodo site...some chap did a translation on the comments section, as the commentary was in vietnamese!
    Last edited by iLaw-One; 05-12-2010 at 09:01 AM.

things are getting better

still has those horrible seams on the sides near the bottom and about parallel with the home button. If apple takes care of those, I think it'll look awesome. I'm upgrading either way but those seams will irritate me lol

Anyone have a idea what he is saying?

Hmmm...its hideous!!

He was mainly saying it's a little thinner than the previous verison, but a little longer. Obviously a 16gb version, which is weird cuz I thought they would've moved up to 32/64gb models.

Quote Originally Posted by George Lopez View Post
    Hmmm...its hideous!!
    I don't think it looks that bad. I mean, I like the one that's out now, because it fits well in the palm of your hand but its not hideous Just my opinion

thought the back was suppose to be ceramic or glass or something that looks like cheap plastic to me. I call fail who would pay that kind of money for something thats not even running the iPhone OS. I think its a knockoff copy that someone made up to give them some buzz. I doubt Woz even has a new iPhone lol

He says it harder, easier to grab than the old iphones. it feel longer when you hold it too lol

I think it looks sweet, very sony erricsson though. strange of them to change from the pebble like back. still I'll have one!

iPhone? More like MyPhone GreggSymington's Avatar
    Thanks

How is everyone missing the B-gees "How deep is your love" in the background?!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GreggSymington For This Useful Post:

graytman (05-12-2010), k.nitsua (05-12-2010)

Whats this Inferno screen on the iPhone???

Green Apple
    Thanks

I didn't see a card slot, just moved the sim tray, if it's real. I was hoping for a cosmetic change but I like the rounded back the device has now over the brick look and feel. I'll buy one no matter what anyways though.

Quote Originally Posted by tttam View Post
    He says it harder, easier to grab than the old iphones. it feel longer when you hold it too lol
    Harder, easier to grab, and longer when you hold it? What exactly are we talking about here?

I like it, have to be able to get a better grip on it than my 3G. Who knows what the next iphone will really look like.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GreggSymington View Post
    How is everyone missing the B-gees "How deep is your love" in the background?!
    That was the best part of the video. I could really care less about all of the supposed prototypes. I want the real thing.

Quote Originally Posted by jdm.accord View Post
    Harder, easier to grab, and longer when you hold it? What exactly are we talking about here?
    not the new iPhone I think

I wish I had a miniature elephant that fit in the palm of my hand. I would pick him up and he'd lift up his trunk and stand on his back legs and say PRRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPHHHHHHHH and I would say yes little elephant i love you too.

Quote Originally Posted by jdm.accord View Post
    still has those horrible seams on the sides near the bottom and about parallel with the home button. If apple takes care of those, I think it'll look awesome. I'm upgrading either way but those seams will irritate me lol
    I can tell you those wont be there, the edges match the look of the iPad exactly, they will be gone on the final product.

I guess the ever-so-savvy conspiracy theorists want to show that they're 'no fools' by denying what is very obviously the new 4G.
    What's most bizarre is that they somehow manage to dismiss the entire Gizmodo/Apple saga as part of the theory!

Sorry, but it just makes them look like losers.

I prefer it to the pebble 3G - mainly because it looks much more capable.
    Its orthogonality says "Don't f**k with me, buster ... I used every cubic millimetre to squeeze in what I'm packing".

By comparison, the 3G almost looks a bit fey.

It's a proper man-phone and I make no apologies for loving it more than the 3G.
    Hehe

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast