Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upgrade Eligibility Dates Begin Rolling Back With AT&T

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

Default Upgrade Eligibility Dates Begin Rolling Back With AT&T
    Ok guys and gals we all know that Apple will be releasing the new iPhone soon right? Last year lots of people were angry that they could not take advantage of upgrade pricing for the new iPhone. But it looks like AT&T is trying to avoid that fury this year and allow many more people to upgrade.

And their right on the ball this year as they have started to roll back eligibility dates some have reported. I don't know if the roll back will be for everyone or if that date is only for certain customers and not all at this time. While there are multiple reports of this from AT&T customers, it could be they are only rolling back the dates for customers over a certain service level.

One of the readers at Mobilecrunch.com stated...

Not sure if anyone [..] has noticed this same thing, but my Upgrade Eligibility date on my AT&T account switched from 11/21 to 6/21 in the last day or so. I bought a 3GS on launch day last year, and my upgrade date read 11/21 since then. A few other folks in my office have noticed the same changes happening to their accounts as well.

6/21? Could this be the day they release the new iPhones?

Mobilecrunch: We’ve since confirmed that this isn’t an isolated incident, but it’s definitely not showing up for everyone. AT&T could be rolling this out across their database slowly. Another possibility: they may not have intended for anyone to see this yet, and just borked the query for a handful of people.

Well I checked my account out tonight and mine has not changed yet... But hoping it does!

Apple could announce the fourth gen iPhone at:

1. WWDC (where they’ve announced every other iPhone), which begins on June 7th this year.
    2. Yerba Buena Arts Center, which Apple has purportedly locked down for June 22nd (one day after the upgrade eligibility date).

What do you think?

Check your account out and see if they rolled your eligibility date back yet. If they have not yet keep your eye on your account.
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 05-12-2010 at 01:58 AM. Reason: adjustments

"Always remember your special and unique!"

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thetoothfairy For This Useful Post:

djaquapimp (05-12-2010), milesneptune (05-12-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone ForumSnoBorderRK's Avatar
    Thanks

i dont understand why they would have the 22nd at yerba buena?
    theyre supposed to have it for 4 days from june 7 right?
    -[r]
    if you can, please [thank] me if i helped you or you liked what i said! :]

Thanks

They changed mine, cool.

iPhone Upgrade
    As a valued AT&T customer, we can offer you a discounted iPhone upgrade at a higher price, along with a 2-year commitment and an $18 upgrade fee. Please proceed with the online upgrade process for pricing details. You may qualify for a full discount on a standard iPhone upgrade on 06/21/2010

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

^ Lucky you! Keeping a eye on mine....

"Always remember your special and unique!"

im allready available for upgrade. last i talked to customer service they were willing to waive the $18 upgrade fee if i signed another two year contract. =P)
    killall Terminal[]

Damn my contract isnt over till may 2012 with fido so looks like im buying it out

YES! My 3GS is upgradeable 07/24/2010

iPhone Upgrade
    As a valued AT&T customer, we can offer you a discounted iPhone upgrade at a higher price, along with a 2-year commitment and an $18 upgrade fee. Please proceed with the online upgrade process for pricing details. You may qualify for a full discount on a standard iPhone upgrade on 07/24/2010

So the question is how much more will it cost? And will there be a 64GB? if not I think I'll hold on to my 32GB 3GS until next year
    mod/edit links removed.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    damn i got the shaft on this one. looks like im paying full price.

Damn! Hope this happens for O2 over here in the UK.

Hope they announce the new iPhone as soon as possible

iPhone? More like MyPhone vedavis's Avatar
    Thanks

Yep. Mine is 11/20/10, 6 months earlier than it should be. Hopefully, by that time, some the bugs (EDIT: and a jailbreak) in OS 4 should be worked out.
    Last edited by vedavis; 05-12-2010 at 05:35 AM.

whats the difference between the above poster

"You may qualify for a full discount on a standard iPhone upgrade on 07/24/2010"

and what mine says

"Our records indicate that you will be eligible for an upgrade to an iPhone at a discounted price on 09/04/2010"

Thats a year from when I first bought it. From what I understand , if you are a current iphone owner you can always upgrade at the 399/499 price instead of the 599/699 full? So by discounted price do they mean the 199/299 or however much it will cost at launch?

Default I confirm
    I can confirm this. My upgrade date was originally for October of 2010. I am now able to upgrade immediately! I am so happy. So happy. So... Who can loan me $300?

iPhone? More like MyPhone johnr9412's Avatar
    Thanks

Mine was avalible in febuary of this year. Im just waiting...

it seems like rogers is doing this two
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Green Apple
    Thanks
    i checked mine the day the 4G surfaced to discover I was already eligible for a discounted 3gs with a contract. I bought a 3gs last june. Will be upgrading if that offer extends to the 4G. IF Verizon gets a version of it, ATT would be morons not to.

My upgrade eligibility was up on April 24 , so I'm ev so ready to get my hands on the next gen iPhone when it comes. Out
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Thanks

My two year contract is suposed to end in december this year but AT&T says that right now Im eligible for an upgrade discount and as of May 27 Im eligible for a Full Discount wooooooohooooooo, June will be awesome this year!!!

My account now says 6/20 not 6/21 like other people are saying...hrmm

iPhone? More like MyPhone Get_Zwole's Avatar
    Thanks

You can take advantage of our no commitment pricing. Additional discounts may be available on 06/23/2010

I wonder how big of a discount will be available on the 23rd. Kinda weird i got my 3gS on like the 28th of june last year. Hopefully the full discount .

Well just saw this now so looks pretty good maybe ill make a couple hundred selling the 3gS now

iPhone Upgrade
    As a valued AT&T customer, we can offer you a discounted iPhone upgrade at a higher price, along with a 2-year commitment and an $18 upgrade fee. Please proceed with the online upgrade process for pricing details. You may qualify for a full discount on a standard iPhone upgrade on 06/23/2010
    Iphone 3G{S} 16gb Black

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast