+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 54

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: LePhone Prepared for Battle Against the iPhone in China

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
It's been on the horizon for quite some time, but this month, Lenovo's sophisticated smartphone, LePhone, will officially begin to duke it out in China against the iPhone, which hasn't
...
  1. #1
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Valparaiso, Indiana
    Posts
    3,415
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 1,471 Times in 558 Posts

    Default LePhone Prepared for Battle Against the iPhone in China



    It's been on the horizon for quite some time, but this month, Lenovo's sophisticated smartphone, LePhone, will officially begin to duke it out in China against the iPhone, which hasn't been on the market very long in the world's most populous nation. But according to Liu Chuanzhi, chairman of Lenovo Group, "I am convinced that Lenovo's latest smartphone, LePhone, will be a success in the Chinese market."

    China Daily is hyping the Chinese arrival of LePhone as the smartphone that could truly blow the iPhone out of the water. Evidence given to support such suggestions includes the fact that many prominent service and content suppliers are showing strong support for the LePhone. Such supportive groups include Baidu Inc, Alibaba Group and Tencent Inc.

    The first generation LePhone is based on Google Inc's Android operating system and runs on the 3G standard used by China Unicom. China Daily says the device will be in stores beginning May 17th. Lenovo's chief says that his company is also developing "several" versions of LePhone - two of which will be for China's other 3G standards - CDMA2000 by China Telecom and TD-SCDMA by China Mobile. The other versions, however, won't be introduced for some time.

    In case you're wondering, the online order price for LePhone is $425 - or 2,899 yuan. The iPhone, though reduced in price in recent weeks, still runs a pretty penny in China - one of the major reasons why Apple's revolutionary smartphone is yet to resonate in the world's biggest mobile community as it has elsewhere.

  2. #2
    Green Apple rickybobby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    THE GLOVE
    Posts
    419
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 84 Times in 48 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by pitamandan View Post
    This never happens.
    lol good for you
    IF I HELPED PLEASE HIT THANKS

  3. #3
    iPhoneaholic reddawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Massachusetts, USA
    Posts
    430
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 71 Times in 59 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Messany View Post


    But according to Liu Chuanzhi, chairman of Lenovo Group, "I am convinced that Lenovo's latest smartphone, LePhone, will be a success in the Chinese market."
    other than opinions and that the iPhone is too expensive in China what makes this smart phone so revolutionary? What features does it support? I can't see it being a good social networking phone in China with their restrictions on free speech.
    "When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather did...not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car." -- Unknown

  4. #4
    My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    996
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 242 Times in 140 Posts

    Anyone know where to get that wallpaper displayed on the LePhone?
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did

  5. #5
    Go Giants whereswaldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,382
    Thanks
    187
    Thanked 359 Times in 257 Posts

    not happening
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

  6. #6
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Az
    Posts
    247
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 27 Times in 26 Posts

    Buy LePhone, and the wallpaper's yours!

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mavrik101 For This Useful Post:

    inzandity (05-11-2010), the french bum (05-11-2010)

  8. #7
    Livin the iPhone Life lolcats1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,069
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 87 Times in 60 Posts

    Lephone > than the iphone. i've been looking at OS 4.0, and the more popular iphone hardware rumors.

    they just don't stand up to the droid incredible, and all these new waves android phones.

    did you know that android is number 2 in the smartphone population, and apple has dropped to third?

    RIP apple supremacy.

  9. #8
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    44
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Best part of the pic is that the weather is set for Las Vegas

  10. #9
    iPhone? More like MyPhone ForumSnoBorderRK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    southern california
    Posts
    248
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 42 Times in 22 Posts

    @smoothcreak haha didnt even notice that
    -[r]
    if you can, please [thank] me if i helped you or you liked what i said! :]

  11. #10
    UiK
    UiK is offline
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    117
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 15 Times in 11 Posts

    I don't doubt that there are and will be better phones released than the iPhone, but half the fun of having an iPhone is jailbreaking it. I know we came a lot about the restrictions placed by Apple, but hasn't every firmware to date been pretty much jailbroken? Besides there are more developers committed to the iPhone than any other PhoneOS out there.

    I know we *whinged* alot. My typo. I surely didn't cum
    Last edited by UiK; 05-11-2010 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  12. #11
    iPhoneaholic extremzocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    436
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 15 Times in 14 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by lolcats1 View Post
    Lephone > than the iphone. i've been looking at OS 4.0, and the more popular iphone hardware rumors.

    they just don't stand up to the droid incredible, and all these new waves android phones.

    did you know that android is number 2 in the smartphone population, and apple has dropped to third?

    RIP apple supremacy.
    thats why Apple gotta step up their next iPhone. really hope its an "A+ upgrade"

  13. #12
    Green Apple camperchuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    63
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    that is because android is available on tons of phones on every carrier. iphone OS is.. well its on ONE phone and ONE carrier. so that statistic is stupid.


    Quote Originally Posted by lolcats1 View Post
    Lephone >
    did you know that android is number 2 in the smartphone population, and apple has dropped to third?

    RIP apple supremacy.

  14. #13
    Livin the iPhone Life TheOrioles33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,001
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 66 Times in 52 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by UiK View Post
    Besides there are more developers committed to the iPhone than any other PhoneOS out there.
    Thats one of the main reason I will stick with the iPhone. Not just the quantity of apps but the quality of the apps and the developers that are making them are top notch.

    I still find it funny how every phone is compared to the iPhone and is the iPhone killer etc. Remember the LG Dare and the Samsung Extinct? LOL! People are saying that the next iPhone isnt even out yet and its already behind. Really? Behind what?

    All the Droid phones coming out are nice and all but come on. How many phones are these companies gonna release? They are trying to hard.
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

  15. #14
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    391
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 53 Times in 34 Posts

    forget the phone, what is the tiny keyboard thing in the background?
    Really?

  16. #15
    Livin the iPhone Life TheOrioles33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,001
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 66 Times in 52 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by camperchuck View Post
    that is because android is available on tons of phones on every carrier. iphone OS is.. well its on ONE phone and ONE carrier. so that statistic is stupid.
    Yeah not to shabby for a company that releases a new phone only once a year and not 10 a month *cough HTC*.

    Quote Originally Posted by eg6motion View Post
    forget the phone, what is the tiny keyboard thing in the background?
    Yeah really? I thought it was the case for the phone but it does have a keyboard in it.
    Last edited by TheOrioles33; 05-11-2010 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

  17. #16
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    I think is time to change to new phones. I am planing to change to new HTC EVO 4G that is one of the most sophisticated cell phones we have ever seen.

    Iphone is a good phone to but apple asholes are terrible as long as they are letting their fans with jailed phones.
    Since 3 month I have jailed brand new 3gs iphone on my drawer and this is why I will sell that brick and bye useful phone that will offer me full functional applications that I need.
    I think is time to ignore and boycott apple products since they only care for money and do not care to offer to the customers satisfaction.

  18. #17
    iPhoneaholic eZStaR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Modmyi
    Posts
    344
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 21 Times in 14 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by lolcats1 View Post
    Lephone > than the iphone. i've been looking at OS 4.0, and the more popular iphone hardware rumors.

    they just don't stand up to the droid incredible, and all these new waves android phones.

    did you know that android is number 2 in the smartphone population, and apple has dropped to third?

    RIP apple supremacy.
    - Did you know that Apple has received more than 2 [I think 4 now, 4 years in a row.] J.D. Power Awards? Best consumer phone? Which outranks HTC? And most other phones? Im sorry but if your crappy phones were so amazing, they would have gotten the awards instead.
    Code:
    http://www.macworld.com/article/150269/2010/04/iphone_jdpower.html
    - Did you know that the Android has nothing but the default options and features which every other crappy phone has?

    - Did you know that the Android ripped off the iTunes App store?

    - Did you know that 95% people don't know squat about electronics?

    - Did you know that all the Android phones "Which attempt to put" high quality hardware on it, still fail? Like higher MP camera, no focus Apple doesn't care about hardware, software counts. Apparently its proven that Android phones are idiotic.



    Quote Originally Posted by maxtor View Post
    I think is time to change to new phones. I am planing to change to new HTC EVO 4G that is one of the most sophisticated cell phones we have ever seen.

    Iphone is a good phone to but apple asholes are terrible as long as they are letting their fans with jailed phones.
    Since 3 month I have jailed brand new 3gs iphone on my drawer and this is why I will sell that brick and bye useful phone that will offer me full functional applications that I need.
    I think is time to ignore and boycott apple products since they only care for money and do not care to offer to the customers satisfaction.
    Lol goodbye. When you buy the phone, then you realize "Oh I can't customize it like I could with iPhone."
    "Oh I have to pay for everything."
    "Oh there are no apps like in cydia"
    "Oh they have ****** ripped off apps of the Itunes on Android store"
    "Oh Why can't does my camera suck, and the iPhones lower MP camera doesn't."

    But every Android user realizes all that sooner or later.
    Last edited by eZStaR; 05-11-2010 at 03:25 PM.

    -Win7 Ultimate Retail Dualboot with Mac OSX 10.5.8 On PC, Core 2 Duo, 4GBRam, 300GB Drive, 500GB External, Nvidia Geforce 8400GS

  19. #18
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    97
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 11 Times in 8 Posts

    LePhone = LeSuck

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to TheWiredHavocMC2.0 For This Useful Post:

    Davisman (05-11-2010)

  21. #19
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by eZStaR View Post
    - Did you know that Apple has received more than 2 [I think 4 now, 4 years in a row.] J.D. Power Awards? Best consumer phone? Which outranks HTC? And most other phones? Im sorry but if your crappy phones were so amazing, they would have gotten the awards instead.
    Code:
    http://www.macworld.com/article/150269/2010/04/iphone_jdpower.html
    - Did you know that the Android has nothing but the default options and features which every other crappy phone has?

    - Did you know that the Android ripped off the iTunes App store?

    - Did you know that 95% people don't know squat about electronics?

    - Did you know that all the Android phones "Which attempt to put" high quality hardware on it, still fail? Like higher MP camera, no focus Apple doesn't care about hardware, software counts. Apparently its proven that Android phones are idiotic.





    Lol goodbye. When you buy the phone, then you realize "Oh I can't customize it like I could with iPhone."
    "Oh I have to pay for everything."
    "Oh there are no apps like in cydia"
    "Oh they have ****** ripped off apps of the Itunes on Android store"
    "Oh Why can't does my camera suck, and the iPhones lower MP camera doesn't."

    But every Android user realizes all that sooner or later.
    Lol yes I am telling to the apple good bye because ****** iphone is on my drawer like a piece of ****. I cannot use it for anything even to take pictures or use it as a ipod because it came to me with ****** 3.1.3 firmware.
    All I need is an cell phone that I can use to make phone calls, send SMS, take pictures, record videos, listen music and functional wifi that I will use for skype and msn messenger.
    I said Iphone is a good phone with a lot of support but not by apple company.

  22. #20
    UiK
    UiK is offline
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    117
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 15 Times in 11 Posts

    Apple - it's a love/hate relationship only us
    jailbreakers can appreciate.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts