Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Report: Apple's AT&T Deal is Done

What's Jailbreak? manofcolombia's Avatar
    Thanks
    omg yesh! no more sucky dead zones!

Thanks

who cares, this malarky has got to stop
    Quote Originally Posted by ??????
    Hi. Does anyone know is iBlacklist available in the app store? can it only be purchased outside the app store? If so, is it hard to install? Thanks everyone.

iPhone? More like MyPhone frail1's Avatar
    Thanks

actually, verizon is adding GSM

and i believe it's the micro-sim if i remember correctly.

I sure hope Verizon gets the next gen iPhone! This possibility has just made my day! =D

If an off the wall rumor that has been said more times than I can remember makes your day. I really feel sorry for you lol

In my opinion I could care less if it goes to Verizon because they are just as expensive as AT&T. Now if Apple would ever get smart they would sell the device on Sprint and T-Mobile because they are much better than Verizon and AT&T not to mention much cheaper.

so verizons possibly getting the iphone. so what. doesnt mean AT&t isnt gonna carry it anymore. just means their exsclusive deal with apple is over. so two carriers are gonna have it. sounds good.
    killall Terminal[]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Messany View Post

A new report this morning has everyone talking about a suspected break in AT&T's five year exclusivity agreement with Apple. As a result, the prominent advertising firm Landor & Associates has reportedly been hired by Verizon to launch an ad campaign for the next gen iPhone.

One of the primary reasons yours truly has opted to put forward this story is because, unlike most un-sourced rumors that seem to just appear from thin air to take root in the blogosphere, this particular story comes from our friends at CrunchGear, who have evidently gleaned their info from those within the advertising industry.

It should be noted, however, that Landor & Associates has been doing business with Verizon since Apple reportedly began its exclusive agreement with AT&T in 2007. According to the report, the ad firm is now "hard at work preparing for the iPhone HD launch."

So why the sudden (potential) shift to Verizon territory? Possibly because the iPhone is beginning to lose market share to its closest competitors and Apple sees the need to expand its coverage in order to remain the dominant force in smartphones. An NPD Group report shows that the iPhone has been bumped to third place by competing devices running Google's Android OS.

John Biggs of CrunchGear maintains that this rumor "very nearly confirms a Verizon launch of the iPhone"... possibly as eary as late summer 2010.
    it's Landor Associates (not Landor & Associates) and it's a branding firm not advertising. So I'm not so sure of the "sources."

@ chris102192

muerete perro inmundo

iPhone? More like MyPhone matthew1111's Avatar
    Thanks

Ya. I'd rather get a Nexus or Android instead of an iPhone. I'm tired of Apple. Though I do like my 2g iTouch, so hackable!
    That Thanks button is there for a reason!

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't believe it. Apple does their own advertising. There would be no need for Verizon to hire an external ad agency for launching a CDMA iPhone. I'm not saying that it won't launch, but this unsourced rumor can be tossed out right now.

Default TMobile
    Quote Originally Posted by The Maestro View Post
    I honestly will take anything att and there high rates are making me broke
    I have my 3G unlocked and running on TMobile with a no contract account paying 79.00 and loving it. The ONLY think I miss is the Visual Voice Mail.

Never had any problems at all. I was on AT&T with iPhone and Blackberry, always got dropped calls. Its not just the iPhone, but the service. I have heard people who have just call plans and have this issue.

Anyways....My 2 pennies worth.
    iPhone 4 Quote: Its so easy, a caveman can use it!

Another Messany piss poor article.

We need a "stupid weekly verizon rumor" sub-forum like yesteryear. AT&T's got it for 2 more years then after that you'll still only see it on AT&T with the option to buy it for $600-700 and use it on T-Mobile since even when the contract runs out Apple isn't going to go ahead and fragment their precious phone between GSM and CDMA.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Looks like I'll be shifting towards Verizon. But this article sounds a bit' fishy. Why would Apple let Verizon or some third party do there TV Ads? That alone is enough to state that this probably isn't true. Only Apple does Apples TV ads, it's always been that way. And besides, if Apple did let Verizon do there TV ads, all it would do is stereotype the iPhone by criticizing other phones which is 'Not Like Apple'. But if it is true, I'm a bit' worried about Verizons pricing and restrictions, Verizon is well known for charging there customers an "Arm & a Leg"
    "The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"

'Follow Me on Twitter@Markanthony3211' I always Follow Back.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by reanimationxp View Post
    Another Messany piss poor article.
    I would like for you to write a few articles for MMI and if you do as good as a job as any of the staff writers I will make sure the owners of this forum get your articles and if you do a good job I am sure they will think about giving you a position writing for MMI. Think you can handle it?

I am being serious.....

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy View Post
    I would like for you to write a few articles for MMI and if you do as good as a job as any of the staff writers I will make sure the owners of this forum get your articles and if you do a good job I am sure they will think about giving you a position writing for MMI. Think you can handle it?

I am being serious.....
    How about you quit warning me and perform a search?

Apple Shuts Down Lala Music Service, Members Lose Songs

Notice the date. I already do.. but I don't write unless there's ACTUAL news.. what a concept.
    Last edited by reanimationxp; 05-11-2010 at 11:50 PM.

Thanks

What? Y not AT&T and Verizon. I know AT&T is suck but I got 25% discount though work.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

Notice the date. I already do.. but I don't write unless there's ACTUAL news.. what a concept.
    Congratulations that is one that you shared with me and you did a pretty good job now do more please.... and how about you read the rules of this forum and one of them is to respect other members here at MMI please..

And I did some home work and other sites have articles such as this one also....

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

How about you watch your tone or I can show you the door.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

T.A. (05-18-2010)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast