+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Report: Apple's AT&T Deal is Done

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
If this happens, I will be glad, but I won't get my hopes up..
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    If this happens, I will be glad, but I won't get my hopes up..

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I love how they say they dont run "un-sourced rumors" when this source is an 'insider'. I think every rumor thats been run is from an 'insider'.

Livin the iPhone Life TheOrioles33's Avatar
    Thanks

Please give Verizon the iPhone so we dont have to hear about it anymore! Oh wait, if that happens the Incredible will stop selling!
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

I personally hate verizon, and they dont even have unlimted DATA plans i think the cap is 4 or 5 GB. Even tho at&t has a unlimited cap of 8GB (which you get no where near not even if you tethering. It can be surpassed and i have heard you dont even get charged from at&t).

For real tho, let the iPhone go to Verizon and take some of the load off of AT&T's network. And see how bogged down verizons network gets!

Thanks

I swear I read somewhere on Mashable that they're sticking with AT&T til 2012.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Doran's Avatar
    Thanks

Why is it always about Verizon? What about Sprint or T-Mobile??? I'm on AT&T and I know it can be a pain at times but my friends on Verizon in my area (South Louisiana) are having there own problems.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree with that, i am all for t-mobile but they have to change the MHZ range to utilize T-mobiles 3G network. T-mobile's custormer service is awesome, and their price plans are reasonable too. And as far as sprint goes, lol. Well i will leave it at that.

Thanks

T-Mobile would be the logical choice, unless Apple wants more overall volume of phone sales. Only change would be the 3g hardware.
    And could the reason that Android OS is now higher in use be because the Android OS is available on like 10 different phone models on EVERY Carrier, whereas the iPhone OS is available on only ONE carrier and ONE phone?

Thanks

I honestly will take anything att and there high rates are making me broke

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Blah blah blah verizon blah blah blah iPhone blah. I think I'm saying goodbye to iPhone, you've been with me since day one but I am in love with the HTC Evo 4g

Thanks

I honestly will take anything att and there high rates are making me broke

Thanks

i think there have been more verizon rumors posted in the NEWS section than actual news, there should be a rumor section
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

any word on the native fart app?

Thanks

i hear all the time about how at&t sucks, but I've been with them for almost 9 years now and have never had a single problem with them or their service, i guess im just one of a lucky few or something, i dont get it....so would this mean that Verizon could be picking up the iphone in addition to at&t or apple would switch to verizon exclusivity?? i know the later makes almost no sense but theres things that happen on a daily basis that make no sense at all either so you never know...just curious

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yuntanman View Post
    to my understanding, once Verizon goes LTE they will not be backwards compatible to their current network. What does this mean you ask? Well if your on a phone call and your in a LTE area and then you drive into a non LTE area and have to fall back to the 3g network guess what? DROPPED CALL.
    The major flaw in your scenario here is that technically this would be the same with 3G GSM services in areas where there is only edge available. How do they get around it? There is a 3G and an Edge antenna in the phones. This will likely be the case with all phones on Verizon once they launch LTE. The phones almost certainly be able to bounce from older network to new while they make the change. Do you really think Verizon will go with LTE, launch it in a handful of cities and then go from (what they claim is) the best coverage to the spottiest coverage in America? Give me a break! I am no Verizon fan, but you clearly don't know what you are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Late421 View Post
    i hear all the time about how at&t sucks, but I've been with them for almost 9 years now and have never had a single problem with them or their service, i guess im just one of a lucky few or something, i dont get it....so would this mean that Verizon could be picking up the iphone in addition to at&t or apple would switch to verizon exclusivity?? i know the later makes almost no sense but theres things that happen on a daily basis that make no sense at all either so you never know...just curious
    The most likely scenerio is that the phone would be available on both networks. This answer, however, is a rumor based on a rumor based on a rumor based on a rumor...
    Last edited by sziklassy; 05-11-2010 at 02:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Banned
    Thanks
    Iphone on verizon??? 'ta loco!!!

Somebody is forgetting that verizon is cdma and not gsm. Therefore in order to bring the iphone to verizon, there needs to be a hardware change. And its too late into the year for those changes happen for this years revision, nowhere in the prototype that was found was any evidence of cdma compability. So just shut the hell up. End of story.

Ah si muy chingon.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yuntanman View Post
    I sense a little hate against at&t from the editors of mmi. First of all let me tell you that the next iphone coming out will NEVER end up on verizon's currently SLOW and OUTDATED network hence the reason they are going LTE soon. Now MAYBE, Verizon will get the iphone once LTE is available in the major markets but, to my understanding, once Verizon goes LTE they will not be backwards compatible to their current network. What does this mean you ask? Well if your on a phone call and your in a LTE area and then you drive into a non LTE area and have to fall back to the 3g network guess what? DROPPED CALL. Now people in here may be suggesting at&t drops calls left and right and I am not denying that at all. However the recent survey that was taken showing that in the past 90 days at&t has the most dropped calls, well how many of those at&t customers had an iphone, b/c it has been stated before that the called fails and dropped calls were mostly from the iphones. I forgot where I read it but I will do some research but I believe it was stated that at times when certain data transmissions are being sent to the iphones it causes the dropped calls and call fails. I would LOVE to see a survey about at&t's dropped calls one devices outside the iphone. I agree with BOXXA... I really hope and wish the iphone would go to Verizon's network so you guys can see how fast you can cripple their dated network, and get the stress off of our network. I see articles all the time bashing at&t for not investing in their network blah blah, well they have been, its just that the load at&t's network has to put up with is massive, at&t is the most data intensive phone service provider in the US and they are doing better than ANY of their competitors could have. Hey verizon get back to me when you can talk and browse the web at the same time.

I LOVE THIS!!!! Its completely the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by George Lopez View Post
    Iphone on verizon??? 'ta loco!!!

Somebody is forgetting that verizon is cdma and not gsm. Therefore in order to bring the iphone to verizon, there needs to be a hardware change. And its too late into the year for those changes happen for this years revision, nowhere in the prototype that was found was any evidence of cdma compability. So just shut the hell up. End of story.

Ah si muy chingon.
    Keyword "Prototype" idiot.... It wasnt the final version. Apple pulls front facing cameras out last minute, im sure they can do whatever they want with this too. even if it did have a microsim slot.
    Last edited by chris102192; 05-11-2010 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life deathbybunnies6's Avatar
    Thanks

ok.....
    My Themes

HTC HD2 HTC 1 HTC Sensation

Thanks
    Thanked 3,852 Times in 883 Posts

I for one know for a fact that apple has signed another year contract with AT&T. Now to weather or not that is an exclusivity contract I don't know.

Secondly I don't care if verison gets the iPhone. Look at apples history do you really think they will make different versions of a current iPhone Just to have it on a diff network? Verison will mostlikely not see the iPhone till they switch to lte

iPhone? More like MyPhone sLevin1fo's Avatar
    F**K YOU, IM FROM TEXAS (So Original, HUH?)
    Thanks

The way I see it. This had to happen. Ipad rollout with unlimited data plan on a already flooded network. No credit check and no contract. Really? Was that even a smart idea? European carriers didnt even throw that in there. AT&T has a lot of "Bright" Ideas but has no network to support it. As a former employee of AT&T who ported a lot of #'s from Verizon to AT&T because of the iPhone. Verizon will retain its customers back and AT&T will be sold, bought, sold, bought, sold, bought, sold, bought, sold, bought, sold, bought, and so forth till they can finally get a "NEW AT&T",....again.
    8GB 2G 1.0.2v 3.14.08_G AT&T RIP
    16GB 3G 2.0.2v 2.02.01 AT&T RIP
    8GB 3G 3.0 04.26.08 AT&T RIP
    16GB 3GS 3.0.1 04.26.08 AT&T RIP
    16GB 3GS 3.1.3 5.12.01 AT&T RIP
    16GB iPhone4 3.10.01 4.2.1 Fancy iPod