Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 4th Gen iPhone Parts in the Wild

MMi Staff Writer Paul Daniel Ash's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 4th Gen iPhone Parts in the Wild
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRTE0cQywgE&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - iPhone 4G LCD, Digitizer + Metal Middle Plate Assembly[/ame]

A video is making the rounds this weekend purporting to show parts for the new iPhone, including the LCD display, the digitizer and the metal middle plate assembly. Posted by a smartphone repair shop in South Carolina, the video shows parts that look identical to the iPhone that Gizmodo bought last month, indicating that the device is very likely being ramped up for mass production... or that we've got some seriously OCD counterfeiters out there.

SmartPhone Medic of Columbia, South Carolina gained some attention back in March when they showed off what they claimed was the LCD screen and digitizer assembly for the as-yet-unreleased fourth-generation iPhone. They declined to explain where they had gotten the parts from, but like many repair shops they likely have product sources in China. Those parts bore a strong resemblance to the phone shown by Gizmodo as well.

As we get closer to the expected announcement of the iPhone at the Worldwide Developers Conference next month, pictures and more details about the device are filtering out. An LCD screen was also shown on the Italian site iSpazio last week. According to the accompanying post, the pictures had come from someone at "a very important repair company" who wished to be known only as "Giuseppe."
    Last edited by Paul Daniel Ash; 05-09-2010 at 10:33 AM. Reason: video spacing

Does anyone know how if got ahold of it? I thought GIZMODO had the only one
    My Devices:

iPod Touch 4g 4.1 - Jailbroken
    iPad 4.2.1 - Jailbroken

Green Apple
    Thanks

Fake!!!!!

Just wants customers

I agree fake, just wants attention!!!

i should make fake iphones and sell them to these guys (gizmodo, engadget).

hell, i could sell "prototypes" for 600 a piece.

I can only think of 2 things
    - How ever real it may seem, it's Fake, since gizmodo gave back the iPhone 4G
    OR
    - Video made before hand from Gizmodo, and given to some one else to post up.

(Although I can't explain the LCD screen they showed before hand >_<)
    Last edited by eZStaR; 05-09-2010 at 11:20 AM.

-Win7 Ultimate Retail Dualboot with Mac OSX 10.5.8 On PC, Core 2 Duo, 4GBRam, 300GB Drive, 500GB External, Nvidia Geforce 8400GS

Thanks

According to all these pics and pictures, I'm going to be dissapointed. So far nothing looks or sounds better spec wise then all these other smart phones out. I might finally jump ship from AT&T this year. They need to focus on a battery that stays juiced for more then an hour. And that goes for non jailbroken phones also.

Quote Originally Posted by eZStaR View Post
    I can only think of 2 things
    - How ever real it may seem, it's Fake, since gizmodo gave back the iPhone 4G
    OR
    - Video made before hand from Gizmodo, and given to some one else to post up.

(Although I can't explain the LCD screen they showed before hand >_<)
    just because gizmodo gave back the phone that THEY had, doesnt mean that one couldnt get their hands on parts for one. i dont see the logic in that. that was ONE phone. you dont think that there are parts manufacturers out there that have the same things? i mean they start production well before the actual release of the product. it's not like "ok, june 7th is here, let's start making these now." no, they start production well before so they have stock piles to go to all the different vendors. think about it.

Thanks

Real or fake? Doesn't matter really. All questions will be answered soon enough.
    160GB iPod Classic
    8GB 2G - Firmware 2.2.1 PWN'D
    8GB 3G - Firmware 3.0 PWN'D
    16GB 3G S - Firmware 3.0 Ra1n'n Purple
    64GB iPad 3G - Spirit'd
    32GB iPhone 4

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Whether this is fake or not, I can't really say. I do, however, remember similar images/clips and the supposed "next gen iphone parts" a few months before its release right around this time every year. To my knowledge they have all, so far, turned out to be fakes.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

does it make a difference if its real or fake? it proves nothing more than the gizmodo video does if its real...I call real however
    Wanna-be coder/iphone user since '08

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

I doubt Apple would leave them seam's still on the silvers bit, fake.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

iPhone? More like MyPhone Go Gators's Avatar
    Thanks

I've owned all 3 iPhones since the 2g was first released. All 3 of them were jailbroken and unlocked so I could use them with T-Mobile. I've loved them all and have been looking forward to the new 4g until now. I am sad to say that If the iPhone 4g is indeed the one on Gizmodo's site then I am disappointed in the looks of it. Hopefully the internal upgrades are so good that I'd forgive the looks and still get it anyway. If not, the HTC Evo will be my next phone. This is the first time that I've actually considered bailing on the iPhone because there are so many awesome phones on the market now. I don't want to switch but the Evo is looking pretty sweet if the 4g isn't up to par.

Quote Originally Posted by stlcaddie View Post
    According to all these pics and pictures, I'm going to be dissapointed. So far nothing looks or sounds better spec wise then all these other smart phones out. I might finally jump ship from AT&T this year. They need to focus on a battery that stays juiced for more then an hour. And that goes for non jailbroken phones also.
    Lol you bought the iPhone cuz you wanted the best specs? What is more ram or power gonna change? I mean if you wanna play games or something just buy a PSP lol.

iPhone UI is unmatched and the fact that its guaranteed to have to best market share for at least 3 more years means more apps for iPhone users.
    I'm MYAATT DAAAMOOON!!!

Geez, it seems like u can get anything from china, I've always wanted a pet panda...

iPhone? More like MyPhone SAVAGE5's Avatar
    Thanks

What if were all wrong? Lol.
    i5-

Long time reader. I don't care if you have 1 million post.

sorry guys.. im not being funny but 2 prototypes being lost.. doesnt happen.

if any of you find a 4g on the floor i know a buyer, hes willing to pay $5000 for the fake thing in an attempt to gain more hits on his damn website
    Remember your manners and hit thanks everytime I say something useful, helpful, useless or unhelpful

Check out my Piracy Sticky :- Click Here!

Z

iPhone 3GS w/ Launch Daemons and Language Packs removed. Boot time of 23 seconds (on average).

well lets just say this is real. Apple sure knows how to get ahold of them. only wants to be known as "Giuseppe." well, he left his buisness name and phone number. not too hard to track this guy down.
    killall Terminal[]

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

I think that this is possibly real...I mean why not? Whens the release of the iphone 4g? end of june we suspect ? right? Well sombody has to be making MILLIONS of these parts...You can buy all those replacement parts for the iphone 2G and 3g and 3Gs..Granted they have been out for a while, but whos to say that a person in that business, IE electronics repair. Cant get a hold of somthing like this? Somebody is making them if this is going to actually be the Next iPhone. Just like iphone 4g Cases are prolly aready being made. But then if this is not the design of the new iphone 4g then they are kinda screwed right..

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RelentlessDan View Post
    sorry guys.. im not being funny but 2 prototypes being lost.. doesnt happen.

if any of you find a 4g on the floor i know a buyer, hes willing to pay $5000 for the fake thing in an attempt to gain more hits on his damn website
    Clearly then you failed to realize that this makes no claim of being a prototype, but actually parts off the production line for the assembly of the next iPhone. I am not saying this is real, but assuming a new iPhone IS coming (a safe bet) it is almost certainly in production already.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

21. The Following User Says Thank You to sziklassy For This Useful Post:

vantheman169 (05-09-2010)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast