+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Nintendo Declares War on Apple

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by eZStaR Agreed. If people know how to use their computers correctly, even old Macs are highly capable for playing the best high end games out there. People
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eZStaR View Post
    Agreed. If people know how to use their computers correctly, even old Macs are highly capable for playing the best high end games out there.
    People say "ohh Mac has no games," search google please. Mac has pretty much 98% of every game out there which are out for windows. As for the memory, Mac can out run windows on the smallest amount of ram, I have a old mac laying around which has 512 mb ram, and a windows 95 computer which same memory and almost same specs. On mac I can actively play like Starcraft or warcraft or games of those stature, while on windows it almost crashes every time I even open a game which uses more than 100,000 memory process.

2) As for the iPad, no wonder all of those companies would be after Apple. the iPad is a very capable device, 1 GHz portable sexy gadget. Which can run several emulators (Now even faster ones, do to iPads RAM/memory.) Not only can the iPad run N64 games perfectly, but soon Im 100% sure there will start being some hacking Wii games or something xD Since if you guys have seen, some hackers have been able to the iPhone detect the Wii controller and actively work perfectly. So why not iPad? If you guys have heard, some while ago some company released some code [XML or something] to allow xbox 360 games on iPhone, so now that iPad is out, now what?

3) If I were to judge the best consoles out there right now, I would say

PS3>Wii>Xbox 360.

Note: I don't really know what nintendo means by beating Sony. Since the PS3 targets a completely different consumers than the Wii and vice versa.

PS3
    - Free online gaming [Not bad online either]
    - Bluray player [Very handy when needed]
    - Offers more hard drive memory than any other console 120-250 I think is the limit correct. While Xbox 360's highest is 120.Xbox has a 250GB HDD Also
    - Does not have red ring of death LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
    - Slim versions = very small and more technologically advanced than 360.Its actually worse than the original PS3 - No Backwards Compatibility & No install other OS
    - Offers just as many same games as the Xbox does. "Omg xbox has crappy Halo omg" Who cares about Halo 360 has over 750 games (disc based onle not xbla) PS3 has just over 600
    - You can connect PSP to play and so much more.Yeah you can use it as a rear view mirror in GT
    - Also you can hack PS3 firmware to install games and etc.Nearly, but you've been able to do it on 360 for years
    - Same if not better graphics than xbox 360 + wii.
    - Has [built in] 802.11b/g Wi-Fi
    - Has 2 USB ports 360 has 3 USB port
    - Has Bravia Sync XMB control
    - Has Slim form factor Only the PS3 Slim is slim, the original is not
    - Has Dolby TrueHD & DTS-HD Master Audio bitstreaming[4] You still need a surround sound setup to hear the sound
    - Has DualShock 3 controller I dont see why you would put this as a specific point

If you say Xbox is better, you have lost it ^_^
    PS3 provides more features in EVERY SINGLE WAY possible.

Wii
    - Very interactive and fun
    - Super smash bros on wii = Best ever.
    - Free online
    - Does not have any problems like xbox "red ring of fail"Had quite a big issue with drive lasers not being able to read Dual Layer Discs ie Smash Bros.
    - And pretty much just very very interactive is what you can describe Wii as

While Xbox
    - Has Halo "OMG"
    - "a bit" better online gaming
    - HAVE TO PAY for online gaming
    - Provides less memory If you mean Hard Drive space, then see above
    - Cannot do as much as PS3
    - Not really fun to play after a while ?
    - Good thing is amount of accessories it supports
    - Has Red ring of fail Make this point again, I didnt hear you the first few times

So, there. That is my comparison of the 3 consoles. I for one compare products which are actually capable of doing things/ while having decent hardware specs.
    I fixed some of your points above in bold. Maybe try and be a bit more informed next time. Your clearly a PS3 Fanboy Btw I own neither console
    Last edited by feidhlim1986; 05-09-2010 at 05:11 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to feidhlim1986 For This Useful Post:

Krazyfool88 (05-11-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    I fixed some of your points above in bold. Maybe try and be a bit more informed next time. Your clearly a PS3 Fanboy Btw I own neither console
    PS3 reason for no backward capability
    “Now that we’re at a point where we’re three years into the lifecycle of the PS3,” he told us earlier today, “there are so many PS3 disc-based games that are available that we think — and noticed this from our research — that most consumers that are purchasing the PS3 cite PS3 games as a primary [reason]“.
    “And it’s not just like 50 or 60 percent. It’s well into the 80 or 90 percentile range who are purchasing it for PS3 [games]. We do know that there are next gen consumers wanting to come over the the PS3. Most of those are consumers who have not utilized their PS2 for a little while and they’re ready to jump into the PlayStation 3.”

Xbox 360 250 HDD
    - Which you have to buy as the huge game bundle instead of just the plain elite. AND you HAVE to buy the elite to get 120 gb or 250.

As for the xbox 360 vs PS3 games
    - There are currently 750 xbox 360 (exclusive: 116; multiplatform: 559; console exclusive: 75) games
    - There are currently 607 PS3 (exclusive: 116; multi-platform: 482; console exclusive: 9; trophy support: 385) games

-Now as of the 143 game difference, have you noticed that all the best games out there are for both PS3 and Xbox 360? Only difference is the PS3 doesn't have those random games support. Call of Duty, etc etc every single popular game is for both. Who cares about the little mini games which no one plays. So there is no point of comparing the amount of games for both consoles.

You can connect PSP to play and so much more.Yeah you can use it as a rear view mirror in GT
    - LOL. Right thats the only thing you can use a PSP for. Yuup. (Sarcasm inserted)

Hacking both consoles

- I would say methods to hack PS3 are easier then to mod the Xbox 360.

As for the PS3 being slim

- is 33% smaller, 36% lighter, and consumes 34% less power than previous models. The cooling system has been redesigned and Cell processor has moved to a 45nm manufacturing process.

Dual-shock 3

- Have you ever played a PS3 with a dual-shock controller vs a Xbox regular controller. BIG difference.

Wii disc reading problem

- 90% of the time, the discs are either scratched, the console being in a inappropriate environment, lens are dirty or just dusty. I've never had a error with my wii, because I know how to use my electronics, keeping them cool etc etc. I play smash bros ALL THE TIME, and I never have gotten a disc reading error. Sure I have read WII's statement about the reading errors, but they said it just happens on a few Wii's which are manufactured (defective) doesn't mean all Wii's are.

For the Red Ring of Death

- This has been the BIGGEST problem in Xbox history. And funniest part, they STILL havn't made a fix for it. Pretty much 95% of Xbox's get it after a year or a year and a half of use.

Dolby TrueHD & DTS-HD Master Audio bitstreaming
    - So what if the people who DO have surround sound set up? I do.

Even with all that, PS3 is still better in many ways. Xbox you have to pay. Perfectly clear what is better. Lmao. If people want a "bit" better online experience for around $5-7 a month or more, then be my guest. While PS3 has perfectly good online gaming.

As for "PS3" fanboy, I love my Wii just as my PS3. How does that make me a fanboy? I just stated facts to which product is better in many ways, and PS3 won. Apparently that makes me a fanboy.

-Win7 Ultimate Retail Dualboot with Mac OSX 10.5.8 On PC, Core 2 Duo, 4GBRam, 300GB Drive, 500GB External, Nvidia Geforce 8400GS

Thanks

gotta love my XBox. [however] PS3 has a better movie player *sigh*
    killall Terminal[]

Green Apple
    Thanks

ezstar, if you dont see how completely biased your statements are, you cant blame people for calling you a fanboy (as much as i hate that word). i own a ps3 but not a 360 and i can admit that the xbox have many features that are superior to ps3. google bayonetta for ps3 and 360 just for a small taste of how the 360 is far more popular for developers.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Luppin View Post
    Oh I forgot that selling my systems to 8 year olds matters more than having the highest rated game in 2009.
    Doesn't understand business.

Selling more consoles does matter more than having a highly rated game, an 8 year old's money is worth just as much as yours.

Most ps3 fanboys are weeaboos, watchin' anime and playing final fantasy.
    Last edited by Krazyfool88; 05-11-2010 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    word

Thanks

By reading every statement, it seems that even Mac and Wii fanboys aren't as annoying as PS3 and 360 fanboys.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234