Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: Nintendo Declares War on Apple
05-08-2010, 05:45 AM #41
The DSxl was inspired by the ipad
05-08-2010, 06:15 AM #42
The Following User Says Thank You to feidhlim1986 For This Useful Post:
05-08-2010, 08:13 AM #43
stop spouting stuff like this, please. for your own sake if nothing else.
Last edited by lolcats1; 05-08-2010 at 08:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
05-08-2010, 08:37 AM #44
The Following User Says Thank You to adp For This Useful Post:
05-08-2010, 09:01 AM #45
just tick most of you off, xbox = ps3
neways, nintendo has been around to long to fall off, but honestly i think the handheld market is dwindling down as far as gaming goes, let apple have the handheld market and go own sony and microsoft in the console business, i mean cmon, look at how revolutionary the wii was even though it was inferior to both xbox and ps3, they could kick them both off if they could obtain good game titles and a kickass console
.................................................. ............^^^^^ really? no swear filter?
Last edited by dillonsmith9147; 05-08-2010 at 09:03 AM.
05-08-2010, 09:40 AM #46
05-08-2010, 10:28 AM #47
People say "ohh Mac has no games," search google please. Mac has pretty much 98% of every game out there which are out for windows. As for the memory, Mac can out run windows on the smallest amount of ram, I have a old mac laying around which has 512 mb ram, and a windows 95 computer which same memory and almost same specs. On mac I can actively play like Starcraft or warcraft or games of those stature, while on windows it almost crashes every time I even open a game which uses more than 100,000 memory process.
2) As for the iPad, no wonder all of those companies would be after Apple. the iPad is a very capable device, 1 GHz portable sexy gadget. Which can run several emulators (Now even faster ones, do to iPads RAM/memory.) Not only can the iPad run N64 games perfectly, but soon Im 100% sure there will start being some hacking Wii games or something xD Since if you guys have seen, some hackers have been able to the iPhone detect the Wii controller and actively work perfectly. So why not iPad? If you guys have heard, some while ago some company released some code [XML or something] to allow xbox 360 games on iPhone, so now that iPad is out, now what?
3) If I were to judge the best consoles out there right now, I would say
Note: I don't really know what nintendo means by beating Sony. Since the PS3 targets a completely different consumers than the Wii and vice versa.
- Free online gaming [Not bad online either]
- Bluray player [Very handy when needed]
- Offers more hard drive memory than any other console 120-250 I think is the limit correct. While Xbox 360's highest is 120.
- Does not have red ring of death LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
- Slim versions = very small and more technologically advanced than 360.
- Offers just as many same games as the Xbox does. "Omg xbox has crappy Halo omg" Who cares about Halo
- You can connect PSP to play and so much more.
- Also you can hack PS3 firmware to install games and etc.
- Same if not better graphics than xbox 360 + wii.
- Has [built in] 802.11b/g Wi-Fi
- Has 2 USB ports
- Has Bravia Sync XMB control
- Has Slim form factor
- Has Dolby TrueHD & DTS-HD Master Audio bitstreaming
- Has DualShock 3 controller
If you say Xbox is better, you have lost it ^_^
PS3 provides more features in EVERY SINGLE WAY possible.
- Very interactive and fun
- Super smash bros on wii = Best ever.
- Free online
- Does not have any problems like xbox "red ring of fail"
- And pretty much just very very interactive is what you can describe Wii as
- Has Halo "OMG"
- "a bit" better online gaming
- HAVE TO PAY for online gaming
- Provides less memory
- Cannot do as much as PS3
- Not really fun to play after a while
- Good thing is amount of accessories it supports
- Has Red ring of fail
So, there. That is my comparison of the 3 consoles. I for one compare products which are actually capable of doing things/ while having decent hardware specs.
Last edited by eZStaR; 05-08-2010 at 10:35 AM.
-Win7 Ultimate Retail Dualboot with Mac OSX 10.5.8 On PC, Core 2 Duo, 4GBRam, 300GB Drive, 500GB External, Nvidia Geforce 8400GS
05-08-2010, 10:41 AM #48
nintendo is awesome but let's be serious now
05-08-2010, 10:53 AM #49
I think everyone is missing the point. To companies it's not about how much better your product is, it's about how many you can sell and how much you profit. So what if nintendo targets a broader range audiance, it worked!! In terms of units sold and profit Nintendo=win
05-08-2010, 01:37 PM #50
im routing for nintendo
05-08-2010, 01:37 PM #51
No one talked about the PS2 ? lol
I still use the PS2 :P Winning Eleven All day long baby !!
05-08-2010, 02:58 PM #52
If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->
05-08-2010, 03:12 PM #53
i just like how much nintendo seems to have taken from the apple play book only to mount an offensive afterward.
"hey apple, how do you sell things?" "paint it glossy white and if you got the coin throw some chrome down. they'll show up in groves wanting millions"
lol anyone remember what the original ds looked like? lets remake the wii using the same strategy when we designed the gamecube. a purple box with a handle to latch it onto a rope and use as a boat anchor.
... on a side note, competition only makes both stronger. i don't see either company dying anytime soon so this gaming crusade nintendo is about to embark on will just be better for us as customers. i think at least. if they would team up it'd be even more epic.
05-08-2010, 03:38 PM #54
They should have called this article "Calling All Fanboys! Open Season On Console-You-Don't-Like Trash Talking". I can't believe I just read this entire thread and perhaps heard only 3 valid points amidst a sea of fanboys. That's 10 minutes I'll never get back...
05-08-2010, 05:00 PM #55
As far as Nintendo defeating PS3, I'd have to agree. I prefer my PS3 over my Wii any day, but the fact is that Nintendo has outsold both Microsoft and Sony when it comes to gaming consoles - and I think that was the original point of that statement he made.
05-08-2010, 05:40 PM #56
05-08-2010, 05:44 PM #57
05-08-2010, 07:01 PM #58
A lot of sony "Fan Boys"..Numbers dont LIE...ds>wii>xbox360>ps3.. Apple has a long way........ Nintendo has been in the game a very long time.....
05-08-2010, 07:58 PM #59
What's the point of this article? To have a gaming discussion?
As long if it is good console or handheld, I don't really care.Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!
05-08-2010, 08:56 PM #60
I think every last one of you has missed what is meant by "defeated". Higher console/game sales = defeated. Their games may be more childish and kid friendly, but the fact of the matter is they sell like hotcakes (although maybe not as well as last quarter's hotcakes LOL). In a world where people tend to think graphics are king, Nintendo is doing extraordinarily well considering neither of their consoles can compete in that department. They see the successes of apps that are completely touch-based and have been cashing in on that fact as well. Hell, the latest ZELDA is almost completely stylus-driven. I expect their eye on Apple will consist first on a pricing standpoint. Consumers gobble up games in the $5-10 price range that are meant just to be fun "pass the time" games. You can bet we will see a ton more of those hitting the market from NINTENDO.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.
A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings
The Following User Says Thank You to sziklassy For This Useful Post: