+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Weekly App Update: May 7th, 2010

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Alright guys, here's a dose of new apps and updates this week for the iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch. With the Spirit jailbreak being released over the weekend, there are
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,576 Times in 277 Posts

Default Weekly App Update: May 7th, 2010
    Alright guys, here's a dose of new apps and updates this week for the iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch. With the Spirit jailbreak being released over the weekend, there are lots of updates to cover for this week. As time progresses, we should see more Cydia/Rock apps being updated to work with the iPad. There seems to be a lot of updates today as well, so I'll update this list if anything pops in.

One of my favorite updates in all of this is the fact that Winterboard is now somewhat supported on the iPad. It has "Summerboard Support" which means you get your basics, like Icons and wallpapers, although not all of them will show up right. A lot of the themes will need some tweaking before they are 100% again.

For a list of compatible JB iPad Apps check out this list.

New iPad Apps:

Tab+

While I have yet to really need more than 9 tabs open in Safari, this tool might come in handy for a few of you web browsing fanatics.

From the developer of Music Controls comes Tab+, a free utility which enables you to have more than 9 tabs on your iPad. It also works on iPhone and iPod to increase your tab limit.

Dashboard

Rich Hong has created an Dashboard app identical to the one found inside Mac OS X, which was rejected from the App Store and is now available to the jailbroken community. You are given the ability to add widgets, basic ones really, but they work exactly the same way. While it's not exactly the most speedy app, it is pretty damn cool, especially for those Mac Enthusiasts.

New Apps

iShare
    iShare allows to freely send and receive files to and from your iPhone/iPod through the sendspace service.

While not a completely new app, this version is a complete rewrite of iShare which was once available for older iPhone firmwares.

EmailECID
    This app is fairly straight forward. Upon launching this app, an email will pop up with your ECID inside. Send it to whomever you wish.

App Updates

Categories
    The Icon select screen has now been reworked to prevent an crashing. Icons are now grouped into folders. You select a folder and only view the icons from the selected set. Rather than viewing 500 icons, you only see the few at a time in the series you select.

SBSettings
    There have been a ton of updates to SBSettings over the last few days, with the addition of the iPad now. It's now working at a very acceptable state, and some new features and updates have been added. The SBSettings window will now rotate the window if using a rotated app or sin the springboard. Once the SBSettings window is present it will not rotate. Rotation can be disabled in the More options inside SBSettings.

iPad crashes have been fixed, as well as the glitchy iPad reboot problem, which is now fully corrected. They have aslo added a switch in "more app" to enable the IP Address in the statusbar. To save battery these IP updates are NOT instant.

Note: there are iPad 3g issues in some of the toggles. Sorry, but my iPad 3g is not yet arrived so I cannot fix these until it does. These things include data toggle not working (use phone toggle for now). Statusbar IP address always seems to take the data IP. Again will have to sort this out when I get an iPad 3g.
    Backgrounder
    Just a Minor Update for Backgrounder: Prevents Backgrounder from being loaded into non-UIKit apps.Note: This works on the iPad

Five Icon Dock
    No information provided for changes.

Winterboard
    I'm excited to say there are some updates to Winterboard allowing for some parts of themes to actually work now. Winterboard now has a new iPad PrefrenceLoader and now includes Summerboard suppert (Icons, Wallpaper, etc)

yxflash
    This player app now supports the iPad. yxflash is video player that supports High quality Xvid/Divx, Flash Video, and WMV playback.

multiIconMover
    Another simple update that adds iPad Support.

Veency
    Undocumented changes

WeatherIcon
    This update brings fixes for some some race condition crashes and also improves icon refresh logic.

Firewall IP
    Lots of updates for this app. Updates include Port Blocking, Session control, Improted Lists, and various system improvements, including a switch over to Regex which should offer a faster and better experience.

Circuitous
    With this most recent update, Circuitous now supports all orientations of the device. You will also be able to select what the "default" apps are to hide and even set the amount of time that is required for an icon to be held before it starts to move.

SBManager
    SBManager, a handy tool for quick access to commands such as respring, restart, etc. This has now been updated to work with the iPad as well as a few crash fixes.
    Last edited by Nick Hesson; 05-07-2010 at 12:18 PM.

Thanks

Winterboard works by the way
    King Los aka Los Ninyo

Thanks

lol, yup. That was noted. It only supports "summerboard" mode, so you don't really get full UI customization yet.

Thanks

Yeah that's true. I'm just excited. Lol. Ima start making themes for the iPad too now! :-)
    King Los aka Los Ninyo

Thanks

Can you explain this yxflash please?

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lolcats1 View Post
    Can you explain this yxflash please?
    I'm confused about this app too... from what it looks like it's just a video player similar to dTunes but with additional format support. It doesn't stream flash video... but with safari download plug in could we download them and then use this app to play them?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks

yxflash is video player that supports High quality Xvid/Divx, Flash Video, and WMV playback

ip3
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    it would be easier if everyone used the same list and kept updated...
    the original list was started by MuscleNerd as far as we know...
    http://spreadsheets.google.com/lv?ke...A&f=true&gid=0

nvm sry didn't see that you had the link posted already...
    Last edited by ip3; 05-07-2010 at 02:48 PM.
    yes i have 6 laptops and an iPhone 5s Space grey Tmobile, iPhone 5 LimeGreen AT&T, iPhone4S jailbroken unlocked FS, iPad mini 32gb jailbroken, and an iPad 3 Both FS click here, im an outlet whore what can i say...

***Update, I got a new MBA4,2 13" FS maxed options, I just ordered the new retina MBP 15" maxed out all features!
    I also run a tech news and tutorials blog.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nickhesson View Post
    yxflash is video player that supports High quality Xvid/Divx, Flash Video, and WMV playback
    but how do i trigger flash playback?

is there a video turorial? is it even worth my time?
    Last edited by lolcats1; 05-07-2010 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Five Icon Dock update turned my dock into a blackhole, skip this update

Quote Originally Posted by nickhesson View Post
    lol, yup. That was noted. It only supports "summerboard" mode, so you don't really get full UI customization yet.
    What does that mean? What can we use it for then? just change wallpaper and icons?
    Last edited by laz305; 05-07-2010 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

yeah. summerboard is the 1.0 version of winterboard. can't do UI customization, etc

Thanks

The landscape sbsettings is terrible

Thanks

Landscape and portrait looks the same to me when i open SB Settings.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    You have to be in an app thats turned landscape for it to show up landscape

dashboard crashes on my 3gs

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

yeah either the winterboard or five icon dock update today screwed up my font light on the names of my apps, it dimmed the lettering on all my apps except the five icon dock..

Thanks

Install "font colors" from Cydia and use one of those themes to brighten them back up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    yup. same with me. actually cuts off bottom buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowLeo View Post
    You have to be in an app thats turned landscape for it to show up landscape
    yes correct. however once in the app. it doesnt widen when activated cutting off bottom.
    killall Terminal[]