Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Planetbeing: Android OS Now Running on the iPhone 3G

What kills me is that someone does somthing different, it gets slammed. You buy a car with factory rims on it. Why in the hell did you put those custom rims on for? Because you wanted to, because you can and because its yours. If you dont like the idea of android on the iphone, dont do it. Dont comment on it. Go read CNN news or somthing, polish your "factory" rims. iPhone is meant to be torn apart, disected, twisted and beaten to death to do somthing no one else has done before.

I have a extra 16 GIG 3G set aside just for this. Cant wait to try it out.

Good job everyone!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by paganizonda83 View Post
    Slow down there buddy. There is plenty of work to be done before you even need to bother with questions like this. Also, read the article and you will be able to answer some of your own question.

Reading comprehension seems to have taken a nosedive in this country since I was in school. Sigh.
    Reading? Whats that? Now adays, kids see the word RED, but dont read that you have to get the brush and the paint out and paint it, before it can be called red. Instead, they assume its RED without looking. Bahhh, Reminds me of Scotty on Star Trek, Talking to the mouse, Computer?

LOLOL!
    Last edited by Varmit; 05-09-2010 at 08:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    iPhone 4 Quote: Its so easy, a caveman can use it!

Quote Originally Posted by Varmit View Post
    What kills me is that someone does somthing different, it gets slammed. You buy a car with factory rims on it. Why in the hell did you put those custom rims on for? Because you wanted to, because you can and because its yours. If you dont like the idea of android on the iphone, dont do it. Dont comment on it. Go read CNN news or somthing, polish your "factory" rims. iPhone is meant to be torn apart, disected, twisted and beaten to death to do somthing no one else has done before.

I have a extra 16 GIG 3G set aside just for this. Cant wait to try it out.

Good job everyone!!!!!

Reading? Whats that? Now adays, kids see the word RED, but dont read that you have to get the brush and the paint out and paint it, before it can be called red. Instead, they assume its RED without looking. Bahhh, Reminds me of Scotty on Star Trek, Talking to the mouse, Computer?

LOLOL!

Thats my whole point lol. Why do something which doesn't make sense/no point of doing. o_o

-Win7 Ultimate Retail Dualboot with Mac OSX 10.5.8 On PC, Core 2 Duo, 4GBRam, 300GB Drive, 500GB External, Nvidia Geforce 8400GS

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

ok fighting stops now,
    if it continues infraction will be given
    and ezstar if u dont like this, you could just not post.

Please know we are praying Kyle (poetic_folly) and Robyn Matthews for your little one.
    You too blkcadi
    Thank You.

Quote Originally Posted by battlecrushr View Post
    ok fighting stops now,
    if it continues infraction will be given
    and ezstar if u dont like this, you could just not post.
    Its because of people not speaking their mind, is how other people get false thoughts. But sure I will not post anymore.

-Win7 Ultimate Retail Dualboot with Mac OSX 10.5.8 On PC, Core 2 Duo, 4GBRam, 300GB Drive, 500GB External, Nvidia Geforce 8400GS

iPhone? More like MyPhone Sakyr's Avatar
    Thanks

Thank you blattlecrushr!!!

On the other hand any new on how the audio drivers are comming along i heard planetbeing wants to release it with audio done. Anyone has an update on this?

here's his latest twitter update.

I got calling in 3G to work in openiboot, but I want to port the changes into the Linux kernel before I release new prebuilt binaries.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

I know that putting it on the 3G was tougher than the 2g but does anyone know if installing it on our end will be anymore difficult once he releases all of the binaries?

Im hushing up now. lolol...

I will love the flexability to jump from android to iphone at the click. Its gonna be sweet! I have me a 16 gig black iphone brand new in the box unlocked waiting for this. Kudos to the team thats putting this together!
    Last edited by Varmit; 05-10-2010 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    iPhone 4 Quote: Its so easy, a caveman can use it!

I've had a couple of iPhones and I've have a couple of Android phones. I love them both. I found my perfect solution by getting a Nexus One and an iTouch 32gb.

The Nexus satisfies the geek in me with it being open source and I get the multitude of apps with the iTouch. I also prefer Apple for mp3's. Frankly the only thing the Android doesn't have are the commercial apps that Apple has but it is catching up fast. Oh and the touch screen is a little better on the iphone for typing but the camera blows. The Nexus has many more megapixels and a flash. The Nexus is way sexier than the iphone/itouch in my opinion and it is way more customizable with widgets. I may look on craigslist for a 3gs to jailbreak (TMobile user) for when 4.0 comes out and just use it like an iTouch. I don't see me getting rid of the Nexus any time soon unless the Nexus Two comes out with a slide out keypad.

Finally the Android will have Flash in 2.2 - end of story. I bought the iPad and quickly flipped it for a profit on ebay because I missed Flash. The Apple fanboys constantly say that Flash sucks (parroting SJ). I don't care if it sucks, it's used everywhere thus the iPad is crippled.

Open Source is great.

Quote Originally Posted by lv_vl View Post
    I don't get it. Why not get Android phone at the first place?

Reminds me of "running Mac on PC" type of hack. Yes, it sounds and looks cool, but not that usable on a daily basis.

Exactly. Anybody wants to elaborate?
    That is not necessarily true. I used to have an HTC touch Vogue, that ran windows mobile 6, then i found out about xda-developers and the android project going on over there, at first it sucked, and driver support wasn't all there, but by the end everything was functional and super speedy. I was using android on a WM6 daily for over 6 months with no problems at all, as many others do now.

Something like this after some more time invested and bugs getting worked out could be amazing, a 3gs with OS 4 and android 2.1 (or 2.2 in the future) on dual boot would be amazing and after a while it could become pretty stable and complete.

Not to say its even possible but it sure looks like theres some hope.

Exclamation please help!
    how do i install it using windows vista? where do i go to c a tatorial? i have the iphone 3g

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678