+ Reply
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Planetbeing: Android OS Now Running on the iPhone 3G

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Ooo... if this gets released for 3GS, I'll be dual booting for sure. Very exciting!
    Livin the iPhone Life billchase2's Avatar
    Thanks

Ooo... if this gets released for 3GS, I'll be dual booting for sure. Very exciting!
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

Thanks

That's awesome! I wish I had an iPhone

Wang? It's David Wong, not Wang!
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Thanks

What is remotely the point of this? Everyone is getting so excited, and don't realize that Android is a piece of crap OS, compared to iPhone OS. Android looks like any other normal phone OS, with same default crappy icons/features/options. Not to mention HTC/Google copied the iPhone design and slapped a crappy OS on it. [Hence being sued by Apple] Even normal people knew that HTC nexus/incredible/etc are ripped off.

There is really no reason to get happy about this since all the extra stuff this OS has a ****** rip off of the iTunes App store and ugly OS. :/

^- Before some people who consider them selves as witty, and say "Oh calm down Apple fanboy." -> Not a fanboy, I just consider what is better and compare electronics. HTC + Google -> noob rippers.-^
    Last edited by eZStaR; 05-06-2010 at 08:05 PM.

-Win7 Ultimate Retail Dualboot with Mac OSX 10.5.8 On PC, Core 2 Duo, 4GBRam, 300GB Drive, 500GB External, Nvidia Geforce 8400GS

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

calm down fanboy

jk...

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyricky View Post
    What's the point?

George Mally up being asked why he wanted to climb Mount Everest: "Because it's there."

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sakyr View Post
    Actually i've been running mac on my pc perfectly for more than a year now even with updates and all. So even if its beta Android on iphone for now, it will be fully fonctional at one point. So before you knock down a project, get informed about how things work or better yet if your not intrested about this why comment.
    Looks like "Mac on PC" hack has evolved a lot since I've played with CherryOS emulator :-) Yes, I'm aware Mac can run on PC without emulation now, but still you may run into driver incompatibility, etc. But in your case, it may not be the issue.

I don't doubt Android will become functional at some point. I am interested in this project and may actually install it just for the fun of it. My question is: how many people will actually use it on a daily basis? If you like Android so much more, why not just buy Android phone? The price difference is not that big (if any when you get it with a US phone plan); certainly beats the price difference when running Mac OS on mac hardware vs. pc hardware.

iPhone? More like MyPhone matthew1111's Avatar
    Thanks

I really want to know, would this be able to run on an iTouch 2g, just without phone capibilities?
    That Thanks button is there for a reason!

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eZStaR View Post
    What is remotely the point of this? Everyone is getting so excited, and don't realize that Android is a piece of crap OS, compared to iPhone OS. Android looks like any other normal phone OS, with same default crappy icons/features/options. Not to mention HTC/Google copied the iPhone design and slapped a crappy OS on it. [Hence being sued by Apple] Even normal people knew that HTC nexus/incredible/etc are ripped off.

There is really no reason to get happy about this since all the extra stuff this OS has a ****** rip off of the iTunes App store and ugly OS. :/

^- Before some people who consider them selves as witty, and say "Oh calm down Apple fanboy." -> Not a fanboy, I just consider what is better and compare electronics. HTC + Google -> noob rippers.-^
    Could you please list your key points as to why the iPhone and it's OS is so superior to the "rip-off" Android phones and their OS?

I don't see the logic people like you appear to use. Just because Apple was the first to capitalize on a minimalistic touch-screen design, that means nobody else should be aple to offer similar products for fear of being labeled as rip-offs? Should they put 20 pointless and unnecessary buttons around the screen and the sides so as to make it appear even more different than the iPhone?

As far as the OS goes, I admire your wholehearted support of an OS that you feel is so great that you went as far as to jailbreak your ipod touch.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mortopher For This Useful Post:

Bryan000 (05-07-2010), domaid (05-07-2010), goodgod2 (05-06-2010), MetallicaFan1991 (05-07-2010)

Livin the iPhone Life deathbybunnies6's Avatar
    Thanks

yess....
    *Raises hand and shouts*
    My Themes

HTC HD2 HTC 1 HTC Sensation

Thanks

3g eh? just one step closer to 3gs i guess. So is a restore required to get this working? But seriously why try getting an inferior operating system on an old device where planetbeing could be focusing his time on getting snow leopard on an ipad with his dual booting iphone OS knowledge because after all he did get linux on the iphone so how much harder could it be to get os x on an ipad

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lv_vl View Post
    I don't get it. Why not get Android phone at the first place?

Reminds me of "running Mac on PC" type of hack. Yes, it sounds and looks cool, but not that usable on a daily basis.

Exactly. Anybody wants to elaborate?
    Maybe because someone wants to have something to screw around with and show to their friends? Maybe you can elaborate why the hell you care if it's useable or not? It's not your phone or your time spent doing this, it's others doing it. And hackintoshes are VERY useful, maybe if you did something other than wonder why people do things and actually do it yourself you'd understand. But I guess it's easier to be lazy and just scoff at others hard work and make remarks about how pointless it all is because it doesn't fit YOUR idea of cool.

By that line of reasoning if we wanted an open OS to mess with, we should all ditch the iPhone and get an Android phone right? No sense in hacking something up to make it your own and unique right? No sense in having a neat gadget to screw with and get some 'neat!' comments out of friends right?

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KartRacer For This Useful Post:

domaid (05-07-2010), Rican Bx Bomba (05-07-2010), Tedomcmillan (05-09-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I'd love that....too bad my iPhone just stopped working a few days ago. I can't boot iPhone OS, therefore, I can't install Android.

I'm never buying an Apple product again.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by paganizonda83 View Post
    Could you please list your key points as to why the iPhone and it's OS is so superior to the "rip-off" Android phones and their OS?

I don't see the logic people like you appear to use. Just because Apple was the first to capitalize on a minimalistic touch-screen design, that means nobody else should be aple to offer similar products for fear of being labeled as rip-offs? Should they put 20 pointless and unnecessary buttons around the screen and the sides so as to make it appear even more different than the iPhone?

As far as the OS goes, I admire your wholehearted support of an OS that you feel is so great that you went as far as to jailbreak your ipod touch.
    Because he/she thinks that since they don't think it's cool or useful, no one else will. It's called being close-minded and biased. Or just plain ignorance. Some people have a serious case of narcissism around here. 'I don't like it so why would anyone else' seems to be quite popular in this stories comments.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    Maybe because someone wants to have something to screw around with and show to their friends? Maybe you can elaborate why the hell you care if it's useable or not? It's not your phone or your time spent doing this, it's others doing it. And hackintoshes are VERY useful, maybe if you did something other than wonder why people do things and actually do it yourself you'd understand. But I guess it's easier to be lazy and just scoff at others hard work and make remarks about how pointless it all is because it doesn't fit YOUR idea of cool.

By that line of reasoning if we wanted an open OS to mess with, we should all ditch the iPhone and get an Android phone right? No sense in hacking something up to make it your own and unique right? No sense in having a neat gadget to screw with and get some 'neat!' comments out of friends right?
    Cool off, man. I admire the guy who did it. And if you read my post #26 again, you'll see why I care.

My question was aimed at many users here who are very excited about running Android on their iPhones. I am interested to see if people really want to have Android to "show off" and say "yes, I did it" (which is nice) or to run Android just because they like it more than iPhone OS? Are they interested in actually using it as their main/regular phone (in which case getting android phone will make sense) or just run it for fun on their "test" phone?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

lol look kinda sucks to see all these haters out there saying whats the point of this. this is something new and unique. that's what. am i am going to install it when it comes out

18. The Following User Says Thank You to kennyleeme For This Useful Post:

Rican Bx Bomba (05-07-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Lol, has anyone sent that picture to Steve yet? I'm sure he'd be thrilled to try this for himself!

Only thing that irritates me is that I thought it would be easier to port to my HD2 before it would make it to an iPhone. Awesome work, nonetheless.
    EVGA P55LE Mobo/Core [email protected]/Corsair H50
    8GB Corsair Donimator DDR3 1600/Radeon 5870
    2x 150 Raptors in Raid 0/2 TB Caviar for storage
    Denon AVR 590 Reciever
    46" Sony KDL-XBR9

Green Apple
    Thanks

Remember the iClassic? There was a division on that as well.
    For those who don't remember, the iClassic was a music player that had a touch wheel and was made to look like an ipod classic.
    It's the same thing here too. Some people love the idea and some hate it. In both cases there was already a perfectly fine system in place.
    However, even though I think it's completely useless (mainly because I don't know the capabilities), I'll be installing it anyway just as i did with the iClassic lol
    So I prison break my phone and use Chlamydia to install un-padlocked applications, then I somehow use a Snowboard to change the way my African Safari looks?

My iPhone is a Part of Me GrandMstrBud's Avatar
    Thanks

I can wait to try this out. I bet Steve is loving this

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eZStaR View Post

Have you ever even used an HTC or Android OS phone? with 2.2 getting flash and their unobtrusive notification system, that and native backgrounding to be able to dual boot into that if you wanted to would be great! especially since the final nail was just hammered into the coffin that is flash on the iphone. if you could have 2 of the best mobile OS' on one handset why not?

as for considering what is better and comparing electronics...here is some food for thought on apple's quality products...in the past year i have visited the genius bar with my 2008 MBP 6 times due to logic board, mother board, hard drive and display failures. my 2009 mac mini's super drive just bit the dust. my year old wireless keyboard is no longer functioning. and my airport extreme base station just recently stopped broadcasting dual bands. needless to say i am going to be thinking long and hard about my next apple purchase. i must say though that i have been taken care of with all of these problems.

Thanks

I think planetbeingis one of the brightest persons on this earth... wonder what his mensa score must be!!??