+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 46

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: HD Video on 4th-Gen iPhone?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by Poseidon79 People always tend to think Apple is now lagging behind with things such as multi-tasking and hardware upgrades. The fact is Apple won't give the consumer
...
  1. #21
    iPhone? More like MyPhone sandstorm77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Cranston, RI
    Posts
    208
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 33 Times in 17 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    People always tend to think Apple is now lagging behind with things such as multi-tasking and hardware upgrades. The fact is Apple won't give the consumer something until it's up to their standard. They could have done multi-tasking years ago but the battery drain was horrendous! Other phones have it... but their battery sucks. Apple now comes along and releases energy efficient multi-tasking and trumps all their competitors. Apple's 3.2MP camera takes better pictures and video than most other phones with 5-8MP cameras because of better rendering and quality parts. You can give a phone a 25MP camera but pair it up with a crappy lens and CCD chip and the pictures will come out crappy. I'd much rather lag behind the curve and stick with Apple products that get it right rather than just throwing all these features onto a phone that don't perform well in the end.
    What he said!

  2. #22
    iPhoneaholic Fallguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    360
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 22 Times in 18 Posts

    So whats the difference in the apps like the 7.0 MPX for the iphone now ? Are these actually going to make you pictures that much better/bigger ?

  3. #23
    Go Giants whereswaldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,382
    Thanks
    187
    Thanked 359 Times in 257 Posts

    the orientation change blocker is already on cydia, is anything in 4.0 new?
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

  4. #24
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by southfrisco View Post
    5mp is actually a good bet. Apple never blows their wad on hardware. Laster year it was 3.2mp when everyone else was going 5mp. This year it will be 5mp when everyone else is going 8mp and higher.

    Apple is revenue driven and they go for low cost components. Why go with a 8mp lens when you can get a great deal on 5mp lens because others are buying up the 8mp lens components? Think about it.

    EDIT ADD: BTW I just saw a few pictures taken with the HTC HD2 with flash (this has a 8mp lens). The pictures are a little fuzzy and a horrendous yellow tint falls over the subject due to the flash. Cameras on phones suck no matter what the mp is.
    thats true nice job lol

  5. #25
    Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    1,582
    Thanks
    188
    Thanked 111 Times in 94 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by southfrisco View Post
    EDIT ADD: BTW I just saw a few pictures taken with the HTC HD2 with flash (this has a 8mp lens). The pictures are a little fuzzy and a horrendous yellow tint falls over the subject due to the flash. Cameras on phones suck no matter what the mp is.
    HTC HD2 has a 5MP camera NOT an 8 and it takes awesome pictures, my friend has one and it's heck of a lot better than the 3GS. On screen and pictures on FB.
    Sony Erricson and the Samsung 12MP phone take really good pictures so your post is fail.

    ^ The BB does multitasking and the battery on the Bold is really good, lasts around 2-3 days more than the iPhone. iPhone 3GS battery is crap without multitasking.
    Last edited by MetallicaFan1991; 05-06-2010 at 02:45 PM.

    MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

  6. #26
    My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Outter Space
    Posts
    888
    Thanks
    87
    Thanked 114 Times in 75 Posts

    There had better be a FLASH too!! I mean hell my Blackberry 8320 had a freaking flash!!

  7. #27
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    404
    Thanks
    75
    Thanked 49 Times in 31 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by FoneWeasel View Post
    Higher megapixel in a phone is really worthless. Until the size of the actual CCD becomes bigger (requiring the phone to be bigger), you will see very little, if any, difference between the cameras. If you compare a 5MP to a 10MP on a phone you'd be hard up to find much difference other then the overall size of the pictures.

    Shhhhhh..... he still thinks wrestling is real too!

    Quote Originally Posted by wolverinemarky View Post
    yea i hope the 5mp cam is a myth and they go way higher to blow everyone out of the water
    See.... one born every minute!


    No matter how many time you say it there are just some people that will keep bringing up the MP myth. MP does not = good pics, sorry folks.... higher doesn't mean better when it comes to phone cams.
    Last edited by rkswat; 05-06-2010 at 05:02 PM.

  8. #28
    My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Outter Space
    Posts
    888
    Thanks
    87
    Thanked 114 Times in 75 Posts

    ^i agree. 5 MP camera will work just fine. Just give me a flash damnit for those low light conditions!

  9. #29
    Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Iowa (ISU for Vet School!)
    Posts
    3,920
    Thanks
    69
    Thanked 310 Times in 264 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    People always tend to think Apple is now lagging behind with things such as multi-tasking and hardware upgrades. The fact is Apple won't give the consumer something until it's up to their standard. They could have done multi-tasking years ago but the battery drain was horrendous! Other phones have it... but their battery sucks. Apple now comes along and releases energy efficient multi-tasking and trumps all their competitors. Apple's 3.2MP camera takes better pictures and video than most other phones with 5-8MP cameras because of better rendering and quality parts. You can give a phone a 25MP camera but pair it up with a crappy lens and CCD chip and the pictures will come out crappy. I'd much rather lag behind the curve and stick with Apple products that get it right rather than just throwing all these features onto a phone that don't perform well in the end.
    I am not sure I agree in every case. MMS... What was the reasoning there? Video recording... same question. Copy and Paste... Apple's copy and paste is great, but it is not leaps and bounds ahead of anything else. Surely not something that should/would take a year plus to develop. Multitasking... I am willing to bet that multitasking we have had from third parties will be just as good on the battery drain as Apple's official stuff.

    Also, look at Apple's implementation to these "new" things. They are almost always blatant ripoffs of what other devs have already worked hard to do. Let's not jump on the "Apple sets much higher standards" bandwagon here and realize that it is their marketing ploy. They have been doing it with plenty of their products. Does it mean their products are not goo? Of course not. But when a company needs to justify everything with (our standards are just higher than everyone else's) you know there is something amiss.
    Last edited by sziklassy; 05-06-2010 at 05:24 PM.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

    A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

  10. #30
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    I am not sure I agree in every case. MMS... What was the reasoning there? Video recording... same question. Copy and Paste... Apple's copy and paste is great, but it is not leaps and bounds ahead of anything else. Surely not something that should/would take a year plus to develop. Multitasking... I am willing to bet that multitasking we have had from third parties will be just as good on the battery drain as Apple's official stuff.

    Also, look at Apple's implementation to these "new" things. They are almost always blatant ripoffs of what other devs have already worked hard to do. Let's not jump on the "Apple sets much higher standards" bandwagon here and realize that it is their marketing ploy. They have been doing it with plenty of their products. Does it mean their products are not goo? Of course not. But when a company needs to justify everything with (our standards are just higher than everyone else's) you know there is something amiss.
    I agree.
    I have the 1st gen iPhone, which I got after I realized that THIS is the way a mobile phone should be.
    Apple came in and pretty much revolutionized the entire field.
    But since then, other companies learned the lesson, and are now doing it better. Just look at new Android-based HTC devices.

    And I find it funny that at Apple events, whenever a "new" feature is announced for the iPhone (such as 3G, copy&paste, video recording etc.) the crowd just roars, as if it's the first time these features appear on phones, ever.

    I had no interest in Apple products before the iPhone, then fell in love with this thing. And now, when better devices are out there (and Apple's business attitude is starting to be more and more irritating), it might be time to look elsewhere.

    You can't keep saying "this is the best, period", no matter what. That's just blind patriotism.

  11. #31
    Super Moderator Cer0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    MN/WI
    Posts
    13,990
    Thanks
    388
    Thanked 1,139 Times in 889 Posts

    MMS was the fault of the cell provider mainly it seems. ATT was dead last in getting it becuase the they were worried about the network. I am sure ATT asked Apple to hold up for a few. Other countries had it enabled when it was announced way before ATT cause ATT was worried.

  12. #32
    Go Giants whereswaldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,382
    Thanks
    187
    Thanked 359 Times in 257 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by vantheman169 View Post
    There had better be a FLASH too!! I mean hell my Blackberry 8320 had a freaking flash!!
    apple won't go near anything with the work "flash" in it, especcialy flash player
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

  13. #33
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    61
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts

    I just hope it comes with a better way of recording the audio portion of videos, like a built in automatic volume sensor! If they can get the iPhone to record like the Flips do then I'd be satisfied! I just hate how when I'm at @ concert/Rave that the sound is horrible! please fix this apple
    mod/edit links removed.

  14. #34
    MMi's "X" Member awesomeSlayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Dragonspiral Tower in 3DS
    Posts
    4,524
    Thanks
    114
    Thanked 347 Times in 259 Posts

    Good feature?

    Sounds like a battery killer.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

  15. #35
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Eagleye View Post
    HD would be sweet, but 5 megapixels? thats it? we got phones now with 12mp...(sony ericsson) I think they could really do better if they tried a bit harder.

    Recently announced Nokia N8 also has 12MP camera with Carl Zeiss lens and Xenon flash.

    Quote Originally Posted by wolverinemarky View Post
    yea i hope the 5mp cam is a myth and they go way higher to blow everyone out of the water
    What feature of iPhone had blown everyone out of water before? Well, maybe they were the first with touchscreen phone. Anything else I missed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    People always tend to think Apple is now lagging behind with things such as multi-tasking and hardware upgrades. The fact is Apple won't give the consumer something until it's up to their standard. They could have done multi-tasking years ago but the battery drain was horrendous! Other phones have it... but their battery sucks. Apple now comes along and releases energy efficient multi-tasking and trumps all their competitors. Apple's 3.2MP camera takes better pictures and video than most other phones with 5-8MP cameras because of better rendering and quality parts. You can give a phone a 25MP camera but pair it up with a crappy lens and CCD chip and the pictures will come out crappy. I'd much rather lag behind the curve and stick with Apple products that get it right rather than just throwing all these features onto a phone that don't perform well in the end.
    Ha-ha-ha (Sorry, could not resist.) If Apple could do it at first place they would. It was their first mobile phone, while others had years of experience. Apple is still learning and tweaking while other mobile phone makers are far ahead. Multitasking and battery drainage is not an excuse. Other mid-class smartphones can do multitasking with a good battery life.
    Or you can give a phone 12mp camera, pair up with Carl Zeiss lens, add Xenon flash and the pictures (and video) will blow you away:
    Sample photos
    HD video sample
    They are not dslr quality, but can surely compete with point-and-shoot cameras. I use a pro dslr and this would be a nice cam for those moments when I don't have dslr with me; good point and shoot camera to capture a moment and a phone in one = saves space and weight.

    Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post

    Sony Erricson and the Samsung 12MP phone take really good pictures so your post is fail.

    ^ The BB does multitasking and the battery on the Bold is really good, lasts around 2-3 days more than the iPhone. iPhone 3GS battery is crap without multitasking.
    Add 12mp Nokia to the list, too.
    Multitasking does not drain battery that much. It is the Wi-Fi that is the real killer.

    Quote Originally Posted by vantheman169 View Post
    There had better be a FLASH too!! I mean hell my Blackberry 8320 had a freaking flash!!
    Xenon flash would be nice. Add microSD card slot, secondary camera, hdmi out, b/g/n wi-fi, fm radio and that would make a nice package. Oh, wait... that's Apple we are talking about. Just wait a couple more years until they "get it right"

    Quote Originally Posted by rkswat View Post
    No matter how many time you say it there are just some people that will keep bringing up the MP myth. MP does not = good pics, sorry folks.... higher doesn't mean better when it comes to phone cams.
    Really, then why did the up mp in 3gs?

    Quote Originally Posted by leonpeeon View Post
    I agree.
    I have the 1st gen iPhone, which I got after I realized that THIS is the way a mobile phone should be.
    Apple came in and pretty much revolutionized the entire field.
    But since then, other companies learned the lesson, and are now doing it better. Just look at new Android-based HTC devices.

    And I find it funny that at Apple events, whenever a "new" feature is announced for the iPhone (such as 3G, copy&paste, video recording etc.) the crowd just roars, as if it's the first time these features appear on phones, ever.

    I had no interest in Apple products before the iPhone, then fell in love with this thing. And now, when better devices are out there (and Apple's business attitude is starting to be more and more irritating), it might be time to look elsewhere.

    You can't keep saying "this is the best, period", no matter what. That's just blind patriotism.
    Agree. At least someone is thinking reasonably. I can't say iPhone is good/bad. It is a decent mobile phone. But it always makes me laugh when Apple announces "new" and "revolutionary" features that already existed in other phones for years. Just watch them announce new higher mp camera with flash with 720 video and the blindfolded crowd will go wild. It will be re-printed on every tech website, newspaper, and magazine just because it is from Apple, while others had these features for months or years (just not hyped and publicized as much.)

    Quote Originally Posted by whereswaldo View Post
    apple won't go near anything with the work "flash" in it, especcialy flash player
    That's good. I like it :-)

  16. #36
    My iPhone is a Part of Me tudtran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Foco, Colorado
    Posts
    999
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 36 Times in 28 Posts

    If Apple can pull this off. I will be impress.

  17. #37
    Green Apple Markanthony3211's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    64
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Follow me on Twitter for the latest Tech Updates: @Markanthony3211
    "The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"

    'Follow Me on Twitter@Markanthony3211' I always Follow Back.

  18. #38
    iPhone? More like MyPhone giancarlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    164
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts

    Am i the only guy happy with the pictures my 3Gs takes? Geez I'm an insurance agent and I use my phone to take pictures at inspections, upload them to my comp and mail to the companies from there......never any complaints. I agree with previous comments that more megapixels on a camera phone doesn't mwean better quality. Ever pic up one of the 10mp slim cameras...they weigh alot

  19. #39
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Wouldn't you like to know ;)
    Posts
    215
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 16 Times in 12 Posts

    ^^ I'm happy with the pictures my bloody 3G takes! i even used one of the pictures i took with it in Fine Arts competition and won

  20. #40
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    'iPhone 3GHD'??
    Or
    'iPhone lost and found'

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts