Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Creepy Heartbeat Recognition Coming To The iPhone?

So what Apple is saying is if im dead i cant make a phone call or jb it? Now thats just crazy. So here is my day i woke up, nice check email, nice, smoked a nice budd and im screwed. Apple i tell you what to invent. Make the phone cook and clean my whole appartment and oocasionaly have..... No just cook and clean for now

iPhone? More like MyPhone law111's Avatar
    Thanks

"but the latest security feature that could become the next big thing is a wee but creepier"

a wee bit* you mean
    iPhone Firmware - 4.1
    Service - AT&T
    Device - iPhone 4 BLACK 16GB

Quote Originally Posted by law111 View Post
    "but the latest security feature that could become the next big thing is a wee but creepier"

a wee bit* you mean
    naw, he meant to say "but the latest security feature that could become the next big thing is a wii, but creepier"

Twitter: @tshoults

easy....it also uses the camera to address these problems. if your hot and sweaty looking it adjusts the heart rate up. if your blue it allows you to make emergency calls only. ha!

Quote Originally Posted by the french bum View Post
    That's a crock of ****. So what? If you end up with an intermittent bundle branch block or your PR interval widens you'll get locked out of your phone? I call bull ****. Cardiac rhythms change with age, diet and medications. There is not way that a phone can ever take an accurate ECG, standard, "easi" or 12 lead.

This is a crock.
    completely agree. an EKG is in no way like a fingerprint. It is a dynamic electrical reading of your hearts electrical activity. i dont belive it is practical to use it for identity as the above user said, it changes. speaking from a medical standpoint, this is a useless and very unreliable method of identification assuming the phone produces an accurate EKG (which it probably wont). Plus the thought of being locked out of your phone in the early stages of a heart attack is scary. my 2 cents

PS good luck to the med student/resident/doctor who wrote the post i quoted.

pursue the dream.
    Last edited by brownmann; 05-06-2010 at 10:48 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by brownmann View Post
    completely agree. an EKG is in no way like a fingerprint. It is a dynamic electrical reading of your hearts electrical activity. i dont belive it is practical to use it for identity as the above user said, it changes. speaking from a medical standpoint, this is a useless and very unreliable method of identification assuming the phone produces an accurate EKG (which it probably wont). Plus the thought of being locked out of your phone in the early stages of a heart attack is scary. my 2 cents

PS good luck to the med student/resident/doctor who wrote the post i quoted.

pursue the dream.
    I'm a cardiac tech. If there is one thing I know, it's the heart. And this app is in no way shape or form worth 99 cents.

Wow...forget the heart attack issue...think of the bomb applications! "If my heartbeat stops my iphone will signal your deaths!" lmao this is rediculas!

Or how about this, your holding your phone and the phone uses it's sensors to know that it wasn't handed to another person but detects irregularities in your pulse it could automatically dial 911 for you!

*Think outside the phone*
    Last edited by Apollo_316; 05-07-2010 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Now you can put it in front of the Grinche's chest and hear as well as see his heart grow.

iPhone? More like MyPhone dale2's Avatar
    Thanks

you guys wondering about the phone not letting you make emergency calls in a heart attack, even locked iphones make emergency calls.
    hell, even iphones without sim cards make emergency calls

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12