Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T Drops 3x More Calls Than Verizon, May Keep Exclusive

Ok. I more thAn agree that at&t stinks especially in nyc area. Verizon is not that much better. Consider that if verzon would get half as much at&t customers on their network plus iphone users their network would suck just as much as at&t. And if and when verizon does get iphone ull see they will suck

I'm happy, but I can say that both my 2g and 3gs do drop alot of calls. My wife has a blackberry bold that is 3g and she also has issues with dropped calls. The previous bb curves on edge, never had one dropped call

i actually went to the verizon store the other day, the associate there was telling me that apple was in talks with verizon but that the would only come to verizon until they brought out 3g or 4g. the associate also told me that they were bringing something faster than that called "LTE" (her words) she said that maybe after that launches at the end of the year that apple would take them more seriously. again her words
    Rampage
    Back To The Basics

I live in Connecticut and I am very happy with AT&T. I've travel from here to florida and I've had no issues

@ rampagebegins very interesting. I personally believe the only way apple would go to verizon is if they provide something that AT&T doesn't. Like 4g When they launch it
    Last edited by dsanchez; 05-05-2010 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Maybe they should try Cities where AT&T has good reception
    Owner of: iPhone 4S, 4, 3GS, 3G, 2G
    Check out my theme: Metallic Shine HD (+SD) in Cydia
    Leave feedback and thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I actually really like AT&T. I never get dropped calls.

Quote Originally Posted by rampagebegins View Post
    i actually went to the verizon store the other day, the associate there was telling me that apple was in talks with verizon but that the would only come to verizon until they brought out 3g or 4g. the associate also told me that they were bringing something faster than that called "LTE" (her words) she said that maybe after that launches at the end of the year that apple would take them more seriously. again her words
    All the cell providers in the US are moving to LTE. Also don't trust a sales person or even store managers on hints about new iphones from any company. I say that because Apple keeps everything secret. They generally apporach companies by one of the many small names they bought out but don't use.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

I came down to Florida and my att service was awful... so I called att and they credited my account... the next month same thing and so on...so then I took my phone in and they gave me a new iphone.... same thing with the new iphone and the maps and navigon would not work on the new iphone so I took the new one in and they gave me another new one and guess what? For almost seven months att has gave me credit on my account and I have not paid anything since I have been down here.

Since I got this new iphone Att service works great here...I will tell you att is putting two new towers in this area as I am not in the best area down here but this phone works much better than the last two phones....

I think a lot of these problems is the iphone from my experience.

"Always remember your special and unique!"

I use to have T-Mobile, never dropped a single call, swithced to AT&T and have dropped calls ever since.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

I would like to see the iPhone on Verizon,T-Moble and Sprint just to see how it performs.
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 05-05-2010 at 10:19 PM. Reason: sprint

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Thanks
    if only Apply would give the iPhone to Verizon. My life would be complete

If only verizon would have taken the iPhone when approached first then who knows how the world would be now. Possibly no world release of iPhone because it would be using CMDA. Wait till LTE and then things could change.

Thanks

1st: People will never be satisfied.

2nd: My dad has never dropped a call with AT&T and he decides to try verizon, and he walks out of the store after waiting for ever through crappy customer service and tries to make his first call and it fails and fails 2 more times, then nobody can hear him because of the bad call quality and when he calls his boss, he told him," you sound distant and like a munchkin from the wizard of oz. People still cant hear him right, i know he's going to back to that store and shoving that phone up that rep's ***. Nice network Verizon!

3rd: Apple should make a 4G model for Sprint to compete with the EVO, still keeping a 3G model on AT&T, of course.
    Last edited by ty22; 05-05-2010 at 11:23 PM.

previously known as allizonanikon
    Thanks

I too am one of the few who love my AT&T service. Never had a dropped call on 2g, 3g, or 3gs models. And I get service EVERYWHERE-seriously- and I live in upstate NY... mountains everywhere. And as for this verizon thing, they will never get an iPhone while they are on CDMA technology. Apple isn't stupid enough to "downgrade" to lower quality. LTE is a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy View Post
    I would like to see the iPhone on Verizon,T-Moble and Sprint just to see how it performs.
    Phrased it wrong, let me fix it for ya:

I would like to see Verizon, T-Mobile and Sprint get the iPhone just to see how they perform.

Spoiler: they'd get slaughtered just like AT&T is. As far as usage goes, the iPhone kinda broke the curve then stomped on what was "standard", network's been playing catch-up ever since.

WITH THAT SAID

Been with AT&T forever and I've gotten nothing but excellent service with them regardless of where I've lived/been.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

iPhone? More like MyPhone salayyad's Avatar
    Thanks

i travel around a bit. When i had my 3gs i dropped calls and while driving between cleveland and chicago, i usually lose 3g and sometimes service. Now with verizon i havent dropped a call yet and in the same drive between cities i didnt lose 3g. i got down to 1 bar but maintained 3g.

i really hope iPhone does come to verizon if not ill just play with my iPad for now.

One more thing. i dont see how apple will sit around and watch Google launch Android phones on all carriers. I would think that apple would at least launch on Verizon and Att just to keep there market share. I mean there is Android CDMA and GSM phones, so why would it be a big deal for Apple to do the same. Just my two cents
    Last edited by salayyad; 05-06-2010 at 01:00 AM.

Because Google uses HTC for most of the devices and HTC makes phones for all networks.

miPhone's better than yours GellBrake'rrrr's Avatar
    Thanks

I've NEVER had a dropped call on AT&T! I had verizon from '96-'08.... Never had a dropped call with them either. I never had a problem with Verizon except that they didn't offer the iPhone, well, in other words... No sim card. So my first iPhone was unlocked/jailbroken on T-Mobile. Now THAT SUCKED!!! I immediately switched to AT&T and my service is great! However, I have always lived in a major city, therefor I get great reception everywhere. To make a long story short(too late), I like both carriers.... But no iPhone...... No business from me.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    well to be honest, at&t sucks most of the time. the only good thing about it is fast internet speed. it's faster than verizon BUT what I hate about verizon is their unique way of putting service onto the phone. it doesn't uses sim cards. it's bad for someone who goes on a vacation, travel, or moving to another country. I visit other countries n sometimes i need to uses their network. but nope. so I switched to at&t. anyway. i don't call, who would talk on the phone for hours? i barely get drop call

I have had poor service with ATT since the iPhone, but not before. Biggest ***** of mine is that the iPhone cannot maintain a call when switching from 3G to Edge...which the iPhone seems to do more of compared to other phones on ATT. Drives me nuts, that along with the odd 3G 1-bar holding... where the phone holds onto 1 bar of 3G, which doesn't allow phone calls more or less, instead of switching to EDGE.
    Really?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast