+ Reply
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: a lil something i just found

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Windows version for us that want but can't afford a Macbook Pro - pretty please.
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Windows version for us that want but can't afford a Macbook Pro - pretty please.
    If you don't know where you are going then you can't get lost.

iPhone? More like MyPhone 1PM@N!O's Avatar
    Thanks

When do I get it for windows?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Windows version pls

Theme Creator
    Thanks

wait!

is the mac version confirmed as working!?
    Remember your manners and hit thanks everytime I say something useful, helpful, useless or unhelpful

Check out my Piracy Sticky :- Click Here!

Z

iPhone 3GS w/ Launch Daemons and Language Packs removed. Boot time of 23 seconds (on average).

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yeah does that even work, anyone vouch for it?

Thanks

it works but doesnt jailbreak...its just to show u how the GUI looks like
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yeah it's the application but doesn't include the code to jailbreak the device so it basically just shows the GUI like the guy above me saod

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chillihound View Post
    I'd still like a windows version so us poor microsoft users can check it out.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

what is this??

iPhone? More like MyPhone theguyz's Avatar
    Thanks

Just a near tease just like thuderst0rm, a GUI but no functionality

Green Apple
    Thanks

I just my phone to be jailbroken is that too much to ask ):

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AuSteeze View Post
    I just my phone to be jailbroken is that too much to ask ):
    me to but if it's not ready - it's not ready.

It maybe because apple will issue a patch and stop signing iPad 3.2 leaving iPad owners that activate after the patch without the ability to grab the 3.2 shsh blobs.

Whatever the reason and we are not being told definitively, we just have to wait.
    Truth is the wifi iPad's international release is the end of may so this maybe is when the JB is released however it could be released for the international release of the wifi/3G model and I don't know when this is off the top of my head.

I guess the release kinds depends on the reason to delay but I got a feeling it's gonna be ages yet.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yeah, you're right, they need time to back up their SHSH's but do we really have to wait for the international release? Is that release even official yet i haven't seen anything.

Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

i dont see why we need time to back up... if cydia has the popup asking to back it up everyone opens cydia right away when they jailbreak so boom they have backed up their shsh or they can just do it right now if they care. but i also see that there are many reasons to maybe hold back the release i'm patient :P i just wish i had this jailbroken to theme it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

yeah, Apple won't just stop signing 3.2 until a newer update is released and all people have to do is not update...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by santaf View Post
    i dont see why we need time to back up... if cydia has the popup asking to back it up everyone opens cydia right away when they jailbreak so boom they have backed up their shsh or they can just do it right now if they care. but i also see that there are many reasons to maybe hold back the release i'm patient :P i just wish i had this jailbroken to theme it.
    They would need to be able to backup their shsh blobs in case of accidentally updating to a patched firmware version. Once Apple stops signing iPad 3.2 then without the blobs downgrading to a jailbreakable version is impossible.

The reason for waiting the international release is simple, the JB is for everyone - with plenty of time before the international release of the WiFi 4G version, early release of the jailbreak means apple could ship the iPads with patched firmware version again denying the owners the chance to backup their blobs and no jailbreak until 4.0

It's a right pain that I had to exchange my 3GS under warranty and got one with 3.1.3 later bootrom device so i'm screwed also until the release, I hope it's tonight but I think it's gonna be weeks.

Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

yeah it's gonna be a while and like i said i realise the other reasons jsut backing up the shsh isn't one of them in my opinion, because like i said the first thing people do is open cydia. What does cydia do when you open it? checks to see if you have your shsh on file so at that time apple will still be signing 3.2 and also people who have their ipads right now dont have to wait to be jailbroken to get their shsh i have mine already on my computer and on saurik's server.

sorry to hear about your 3.1.3 later bootrom switch that blows man but soon you'll have your way with the 3GS haha.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chillihound View Post
    They would need to be able to backup their shsh blobs in case of accidentally updating to a patched firmware version. Once Apple stops signing iPad 3.2 then without the blobs downgrading to a jailbreakable version is impossible.

The reason for waiting the international release is simple, the JB is for everyone - with plenty of time before the international release of the WiFi 4G version, early release of the jailbreak means apple could ship the iPads with patched firmware version again denying the owners the chance to backup their blobs and no jailbreak until 4.0

It's a right pain that I had to exchange my 3GS under warranty and got one with 3.1.3 later bootrom device so i'm screwed also until the release, I hope it's tonight but I think it's gonna be weeks.
    well then they could just release it for the iphones..

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Hmm. Wifi international release is may. iPhone os 4.0 is scheduled for June. Isn't 4.0 already jailbroken on a less easily fixed exploit?

Green Apple
    Thanks

I don't know. I to wished the would release it. I have a non jailbreakable device at present because of warranty issues.
    I miss my themes etc but still if the devs feel now is not the time then so be it after all nobody owes us a jailbreak.

Some people post with really bad attitude like they have a god given entitlement to a JB, i think that is just disrespectful to the guys who work hard find these exploits and then making them as usable and idiot proof as possible. I'm just thankful they haven't got sick of the abuse and quit doing what they do.