+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 4th Gen iPhone Getting 5MP Camera from LG Innotek

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by ItsLil_C Ur crazy that so called "Prototype" is worse than tha 3G n 3Gs. Like I've told pple it just looks like those old school calculators tryin
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ItsLil_C View Post
    Ur crazy that so called "Prototype" is worse than tha 3G n 3Gs. Like I've told pple it just looks like those old school calculators tryin to look cool n modern but still looks bad lol. Tha 3G's have a very nice sleek n curvy look (sexy)n if u were to kinda compare tha 2 (iPhone 3Gs n iPhone 4Hd)one would think there goin too old school on it.
    I kno @GellBrake'rrrr mentioned we shouldn't be so quick in judging tha "Prototype" but i honestly dont like it n really hope it doesn't come out lookin anythin like it.
    As for tha tweaks: 5.0 mp camera sounds sweet especially if LG is gonna be tha distributor cuz i think there quality on products are amazing.I just hope it has options for when takin a pic or rec cuz most if not all tha new Androids have built in options. I also hope they Up tha resolution image of tha screen cuz it needs to be more lively.
    In general i just hope Apple doesn't disappoint to many of us wit this new iPhone release.
    Who cares if you like it? So you think it's worse than the 3G. I think your comment is one of the most horrible comments I've ever read on the internet; it sounds like you've come here straight from the Youtube comment section.

Please go back.
    To live, you have to lie

2. The Following User Says Thank You to redcard For This Useful Post:

chrisangel13 (04-29-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by noop View Post
    How could you not like the prototype look? The last one (3G & 3GS) straight up looks cheap and out of place from all the other apple products. I really loved the look and feel of my first gen iphone over my 3g and 3gs. Most would agree with me.

As for the 5 mp camera, about time apple I had a 5 mp camera on my Nokia N95 3 years ago.
    I agree with the look of 1st gen iphone. I'm not really into 3G and 3Gs looks, but this prototype resembles a " block " type phone, with the absent of smoothness from previous version. This is what makes me feel disapointed. hope final product will be more polish, or at least get some Mac-like smoothness.
    Last edited by finalfantasy_lkta; 04-29-2010 at 11:37 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Look at every other Apple product on the market.. they are all gravitating to silver/aluminum and black. iMacs... Macbook Pros.. Mac Pros.. iPads. It's all about product continuity. When I put my iPad next to my Macbook Pro next to my iMac they all look great.. then I throw my iPhone in there and it's like... who made that? The iPhone 3G and 3GS always looked out of place in the overall Apple product line b/c they're cheap. Apple doesn't generally go backwards in quality from aluminum to plastic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

iPhone? More like MyPhone PlatoTheForms's Avatar
    Thanks

wow, people complaining about the 5 mpx. look at how great the photos look in the current iphone. compare them to any other 3 mpx device and it looks great.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Who cares if it is 5MP? I have had a 10 megapixel camera since 2002, and even 12MP is almost standard for point and shoot cameras these days. Plus it is not about the number of dots (pixels) but how clearly it shoots, and no matter what they do it is still a cell phone taking the picture.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Apple doesn't generally go backwards in quality from aluminum to plastic.
    That is exactly what they did going from iPhone 2G to 3G.

I think the trade off Apple had to make to get some aluminum on the device was to go with siding only as not to interfere with cell/3G signal on such a small device. Just look at the ugly black top that is on the much bigger iPad 3G just to let the 3G signal through, due to the aluminum backing.
    "To unpathed waters, undreamed shores." -- William Shakespeare

Master Theme Creator (aka Bluemetal) Blue's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,077 Times in 3,289 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by purpl3_bug View Post
    Only 5mp?? Most smartphones have 8mp and they are only gonna throw 5 on the new iPhone?
    So it seems you´re the last man on earth that does not understand that good photos need a high quality objective (like german hightech products from "zeiss") and NOT many megapixel. This is so embarrassing !

With 5MP you can print posters, so what is neccessary for you: Childish Megapixel madness or quality

By the way: The nexus has 5mp cam but is not even avaiable in most countries at the european continent and makes lousy pictures.
    Last edited by Blue; 04-29-2010 at 01:57 PM.

Thanks

a flash on the camera is well needed. 5MP is gonna be appreciated also.
    killall Terminal[]

10. The Following User Says Thank You to rhekt For This Useful Post:

TheOrioles33 (05-04-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by purpl3_bug View Post
    Only 5mp?? Most smartphones have 8mp and they are only gonna throw 5 on the new iPhone?
    quit whining. Most phones DO NOT have 8. You're exaggerating. Most phones have between 3-5. Very few have 8. Some people just love to complain and complain about what they think is best. Watch when it's 8 you'll probably be one of those clowns that says "what?? only 8? Most phones have 15." greedy clowns.

Quote Originally Posted by baabaa View Post
    What you said is true in some way but you are talking about viewing/printing the pictures in normal/small size.

I don't care how good the quality your 5MP camera can be. Try viewing the picture on a big size monitor/TV and it will look like crap. That's why more pixels are always preferred.

We Apple fans have all been brain washed by Apple's marketing by bringing 3 years old technology. The worst part is we still get excited about it when they upgrade only a few things.
    How can you say they brought 3yr old product...when other manufacturers are doing the same? I mean if you're going to be in a situation where you know you're going to take pictures and lots of them..why not go with a real camera? I'm not going to sit there and take everything with a phone. But i guess to each his/her own.
    Last edited by hollow0; 04-29-2010 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I for one think this is the final product as im sure case companies have the shells to make cases for. Im also wondering, they said they took it apart but yet they dont know which cpu/gpu it uses or how much ram/rom it has or anything else for that matter.

My iPhone is a Part of Me tudtran's Avatar
    Thanks

That would make sense. Apple got to keep up with the competition

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by equlizer View Post
    I for one think this is the final product as im sure case companies have the shells to make cases for. Im also wondering, they said they took it apart but yet they dont know which cpu/gpu it uses or how much ram/rom it has or anything else for that matter.
    They don't know the CPU,GPU, and RAM/ROM because they were afraid of taking the phone apart at its' core. All of the components on the prototype are miniaturized and it was difficult. So, instead of possibly breaking it they decided to hold off.

Thanks

here's an idear (yes, idear) for you people that dont like the looks of the new iPhone. You ready? GET A CASE! oh, hey, get a case that LOOKS like the 3g/3gs! someone has to obviously make them considering this prototype was in one! *gasp*

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jabregousmc View Post
    here's an idear (yes, idear) for you people that dont like the looks of the new iPhone. You ready? GET A CASE! oh, hey, get a case that LOOKS like the 3g/3gs! someone has to obviously make them considering this prototype was in one! *gasp*

Or better yet: D...R...O...I...D Incredible!!!!!!

It has a 8 megapixel camera, and yes you can even get a case for it!

An for you Photo challenged folks, the reason for more pixels is for size/clarity not just a bragging point. A 8 megapixel will produce a larger more clear image than a 5 will and so on..... I belive I read somewhere that one of the reasons why 12 megapixels where so wanted was because of the fact that professional photo-buffs wanted to re-create 35mm film digitally! And they needed 12 megapixels to achieve that.

A better arguing point would be the LUX factor or amount of light needed to operate. Most of these phone cameras are poor in that area (need lots of light). That totaly distorts the ability of the phone camera in my opinion.

Can't wait till me contract is up!!!
    Last edited by jayson9; 05-04-2010 at 11:49 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life TheOrioles33's Avatar
    Thanks

Please read up on the megapixel myth people.

"The megapixel myth was started by camera makers and swallowed hook, line and sinker by camera measurebators. Camera makers use the number of megapixels a camera has to hoodwink you into thinking it has something to do with camera quality."

The Megapixel Myth

Stop being a measurebator!

Also, it takes about 25MP to simulate 35mm film.
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

Green Apple
    Thanks

with 5mp, it's enough to leave a camera away

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

only 5MP?!

the "New Generation" Phones even get 12MP camera like staio of sony ericson and the X8 of nokia..

im disapointed..

Livin the iPhone Life TheOrioles33's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Maor949 View Post
    only 5MP?!

the "New Generation" Phones even get 12MP camera like staio of sony ericson and the X8 of nokia..

im disapointed..
    I saw a comparison between the Nexus One 5MP camera and the Droid Incredible 8MP camera. The Nexus One 5MP won.

For the bizzillioneth time, megapixels don't matter!
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123